Has your lineup of characters you want to try changed at all lately?

Anacybele

So, there WAS a thread on which characters we were going to use in Smash 3DS/Wii U, but I think it's dead now. So I'm making a new, similar one, but asking if anyone's made changes to that list since before Ike and E3 and Robin, Captain Falcon, and Lucina and anything else that's been shown since (I know I made my post before Ike was revealed, anyway).

I've actually made a couple changes, but here's who I'm gonna use/try out anyway! Strikeouts are characters I've officially dropped and blue names are ones I've added. Since before the reveals I mentioned above, that is.

Ike

Luigi

Marth Robin

Toon Link

Link

Rosalina

Charizard

Falco

I'm aware Falco hasn't been shown yet, but I think he's a given due to two-time veteran status. Oh, and I originally had Ike on my list anyway despite that he wasn't shown yet, because I was positive he would stay. lol

As for some reasoning to the changes, why keep using Marth when I now have another FE rep that I actually like and really wanted, not to mention looks fun as hell to play as? :D ROBINNN!!! YEAH!!

I used to sorta main Link in Melee, but I dropped him for Toon Link in Brawl because I liked the way TL played more and I find TL to be adorable anyway. But I'm bringing Link back now because hell yeah Skyward Sword alternate! :D

Edited by Anacybele

I'm definitely trying out everyone, but at this point I may try to main half the cast; too many cool characters are getting revealed!

At the very least, I know I'll keep maining Pit and Marth from Brawl,and I really want to main Lucina and Robin of course, as well as Palutena. Among any others I end up enjoying playing as.

Edited by Silver Lightning

I haven't removed anyone from my initial list, I just added people.

Zero Suit Samus

Peach

Zelda

Wii Fit Trainer

Rosalina

Palutena

Lucina

Robin

Ike

Captain Falcon

Little Mac

Olimar

I always try out everyone. Even characters who were in previous games can feel very different if they or the game mechanics themselves were tweaked even slightly. And my personal opinion of how much I like them as characters means nothing. If I'm not very good as Lucina (or if she's just plain not fun to play as), I won't main her. Same thing with Shulk, if he makes it in. On the flip side, if Robin or Lucario or Sonic are fun to play as and I'm able to main them effectively, they'll be my mains.

All in all, I probably won't have my mains solidified until about a year or so after the game is released. Just like with Brawl.

Edited by ClevelandSteve

I'll try everyone, of course, but as for who I'm most excited for...

Newcomers:

Lucina

Robin

Wii Fit Trainer

Rosalina

Little Mac

Greninja

Palutena

Are the ones I most want to try.

As for veterans, just everyone I've enjoyed playing as before, including Fox, Zelda, Zero Suit Samus, Toon Link, Lucario, Ike, Peach (if she's more like Melee; I didn't like her in Brawl), with the unconfirmed reps I want being Ice Climbers, ROB, and maybe Wolf.

Lucina

Pikaaaaaaa pikaaaaaaaa taunts like a god

Lucario

Falco

Lucina because I wanted her for a while...not sure why lol. Pikachu is always fun to play as, and his taunts are only rivaled by Pichu's and Kirby's. Lucario was my first main ever, and has blue flames, which makes him a badass. Falco because I love being aggressive with him.

Not at all, as it is my tradition I'll try every single character. Concerning who I'll focus or main:

• Robin
  • Rosalina & Luma (also, I had a dream withh her owning other players lawl)
  • Little Mac
  • Zelda
  • Shulk (because yes)

#1. Bowser cuz he always was my favorite character in Smash, and the one I feel the most comfortable using. I know he sucks in competitive scenario, but I just enjoy using him.

#2. Peach and Diddy Kong tied, because they're my mains when playing to win, and I'm interested how much they've changed.

the rest are newcomers

#3. Robin, because his moveset sparkled my interest a lot recently.

#4. Greninja, because new Pokémon.

Lucina

Marth

Diddy Kong

Donkey Kong

Bowser

Ike

Mario

Luigi

Peach

Rosalina

Lucario

Charizard

Greninja

Pikachu

Jigglypuff

Mega man

Samus

Zero Suit Samus

VILLAGER (least liked character)

Wii Fit Trainer

Fox

Little Mac

Zelda

Shiek

DDD

Robin

Robin

Robin

Lucina

Marth

Diddy Kong

Donkey Kong

Bowser

Ike

Mario

Luigi

Peach

Rosalina

Lucario

Charizard

Greninja

Pikachu

Jigglypuff

Mega man

Samus

Zero Suit Samus

Wii Fit Trainer

Fox

Little Mac

Zelda

Shiek

DDD

Robin

Robin

Robin

What I love about this particular list is that EVERYONE up to Zero Suit is crossed out.

WOOOOOOOOOO. Zero Suit > Smash Cast. But not Robin, he's pretty... great, I guess. And Little Mac.

I want to try everyone :3 but as for newcomers? The five I'm most excited for as of right now are (in no particular order):

Palutena

Robin

Greninja

Little Mac

Rosalina

As for veterans, I'm excited to try out Bowser. He's one of my favorites and I'm interested to see how these changes they've made to him work out.

Lucina

Marth

Diddy Kong

Donkey Kong

Bowser

Ike

Mario

Luigi

Peach

Rosalina

Lucario

Charizard

Greninja

Pikachu

Jigglypuff

Mega man

Samus

Zero Suit Samus

Wii Fit Trainer

Fox

Little Mac

Zelda

Shiek

DDD

Robin

Robin

Robin

Whatever happened to Lucina hype?? I still believe Lucina will be different enough from Marth to be a compelling character on her own. Also how do you keep making those gifs lol.

Anyway my character bias is obviously towards the Fire Emblem characters as well as several others (I hope Link is good in this one) but as always try them all until you find your favorites.

Oh and Snake 5ever #believe #hopewillneverdie

Captain Falcon

Captain Falcon alternate costume 1

Captain Falcon alternate costume 2

Captain Falcon alternate costume 3

Captain Falcon alternate costume 4

Captain Falcon alternate costume 5

Samus

Ike

Snake

Oh boy, I can't wait!

Edited by Master Awesome

I'm definitely trying out everyone, but at this point I may try to main half the cast; too many cool characters are getting revealed!

This

No question I will probably spend like 20 hours on each character lol, yes if there are 45 characters in the final roster that means 900 hours, that is not even that many because some characters I will spend a hundred hours on *shot*

The only exception is Wario

I freaking hate Wario, I will not master his ugly fat ass

sorry Wario fans, wherever you are, I just cannot stand him lol

Everyone else is fair game though, until I can whoop the average player with every character I will not be satisfied. As for who I play in competitive matches and stuff will probably come down to balancing because let's be honest, if you're playing competitively and actually care then you are going to use OP characters, if you're just doing it for fun then you will play whoever you naturally like to play which for me is Random after a certain point because I get too lazy to choose characters *shot*

Whatever happened to Lucina hype?? I still believe Lucina will be different enough from Marth to be a compelling character on her own. Also how do you keep making those gifs lol.

I really wasn't hyped for Lucina. I'm surprised she actually IS playable.

I had all my cards on Robin; fully doubted blueblood would be playable.

I'm learning Brawl Marth now solely so I can be (slightly) more prepared for Lucina when Smash 4 comes out.

And then she'll end up vastly different and it will have been for nothing.

But I will learn him nonetheless!

1. Little Mac (I'm the type who fares better with close combat though with a bit of range)

2. Mii Fighter (Setting moveset to my playstyle preference, definitely going to be a + for me.)

3. Greninja (As a Sheik player he might be easily adaptable to me)

4. Isaac

5. Zero Suit Samus (Because she is hot and her new moveset intrigues me)

Edited by Zephyr

If by 'changed' you mean 'gotten longer', then yes. I haven't really swapped anyone out except maybe Marth (who I finally decided I might try to use more just in time for Lucina to show up lol), but I'll probably still make the effort to learn him on a basic note anyway.

...why are people assuming Wolf won't return again?

Edited by BANRYU

^ Because they think Wolf is just clone 2 of Fox despite being almost nothing like Fox.

Also my list of characters to use and try is amazingly long because I tend to try to play as the entire cast to figure out who I use in the game mostly lol. Plus randoms are fun

I agree with everything in the above post lol.

I had a pretty basic understanding of how to use almost everyone in Brawl (some of the little achievements and whatnot kind of demand it in some cases), and I look forward to doing the same in this game as well.

I'll probably use all of the, at some point, but I'll likely main G&W and MK again unless they're terribad and I'm looking forward to trying out Robin/Lucina/Rosalina/Palutena but I have a feeling I'll probably never main them (except maybe Palutena/Robin) as I'm bad at aerial fighting and gimmicky characters.