Lordly Lordiness

Haar

I have never been one to want a max level character to slaughter everything in their path...the EXP can go to better use on characters that can use them...

That being said...I find myself using lords (from any game...its always the same) quite actively...then they hit level 20...and I have to stop using them for like 20 chapters before they get promoted...

Does anyone else have a similar problem? Getting too strong of Lords too quickly, then having to wait for them to class up?

Maybe it's just my problem...who knows...

I post this cuz I got bored the other day and started a new SS file...and my Erika is like level 20...and doesn't class up for like...20 chapters...lol

It's prolly just me though...

<_<

My lords tend to be at higher levels that my other units but I try not to get them to level twenty prematurely. I now research when forced promotions take place because I hate finding a lord unusable for multiple chapters. I also fear a lord promoting before he or she is has reached level twenty. On my first playthrough of Sacred Stones I performed no such research and subsequently leveled Eirika and Ephraim up to level twenty sooner than was necessary.

If any of you have played any of the Pokemon games, did you have a habit of keeping your starting Pokemon at a higher level than your other Pokemon? I don't know how one levels up his or her Pokemon would have any relation to one's mindset when playing Fire Emblem, but it might be interesting to see if there is a trend.

My lords tend to be at higher levels that my other units but I try not to get them to level twenty prematurely. I now research when forced promotions take place because I hate finding a lord unusable for multiple chapters. I also fear a lord promoting before he or she is has reached level twenty. On my first playthrough of Sacred Stones I performed no such research and subsequently leveled Eirika and Ephraim up to level twenty sooner than was necessary.

If any of you have played any of the Pokemon games, did you have a habit of keeping your starting Pokemon at a higher level than your other Pokemon? I don't know how one levels up his or her Pokemon would have any relation to one's mindset when playing Fire Emblem, but it might be interesting to see if there is a trend.

Up until I got Diamond yes. In Diamond I was able to break that habit.

Micaiah is almost impossible to not get to lvl 20 cuz of the chapter with

the black knight

but yeah every game i always cap them

Yeah, same. But from finding out which chapter they promote, I can just not use them as much until then. I think the reason is that some of the lords are just really good, like Ike, or Hector, or Eliwood. They just kill left, and right~

(In Pokemon, my habit was to keep all the ones in my team at about the same level.)

I always seem to max out my Lords' levels way too fast. It mostly happens when I plan which characters I use... and I don't get a character I'm using until like 10 chapters later...so that's probably why.

As for Pokemon, I've always kept their levels even. It has been a habit of mine since the days of Blue version.

I'm not that big of a pokemon player all my pokemon are always underleveled and I end up dying... lvl 5 mudkip does not fare good against the level 13 monstrocities!

Anywho I seem to level up my lords way too fast because like NomadicTrooperGirl said lords just kill left and right! and yes I abuse that power.

Anywho I seem to level up my lords way too fast because like NomadicTrooperGirl said lords just kill left and right! and yes I abuse that power.

How about forwards and backward?

Oh and:

List of Lords I used:

Arum

Sigurd

Hector

Ike

Yes, I usually have Ike at level 20 very early, and then he becomes somewhat useless for about 10 chapters due to everyone else being able to premote (on a side note: Chapter 17 [the massive serenes forest chapter] is usually where everyone starts premoting for me)

As for Pokemon I usually level up my team evenly. (Exept in the earlier games, but I was 6 years old then.)

Ike in PoR and Micaiah are really hard to not get to level 20 early cuz they both just keep killing people, and they have their special weapons that are good against mounted units and armor, which there are a lot of

Yes, I usually have Ike at level 20 very early, and then he becomes somewhat useless for about 10 chapters due to everyone else being able to premote (on a side note: Chapter 17 [the massive serenes forest chapter] is usually where everyone starts premoting for me)

As for Pokemon I usually level up my team evenly. (Exept in the earlier games, but I was 6 years old then.)

I remember those days...

I once had a charizard before I realised i could CAPTURE other pokemon :)

On topic: I hate how Ike's Ettard isnt like the normal lord's Prf weapons. But then again its mroe balanced that way, because if it had effecteiveness against armor, then you could probably kill the BK in part 3.