Hyrule Warriors

kingddd

Back to talking about the best characters: I'm pretty sure Cia is the best character in the game right now.

YXXX (or fewer Xs if the extra hits aren't needed) is a quick and effective crowd clearer. Mashing Y gets rid of weak point gauges in one cycle even for quicker enemies like moblins and redeads, as well as character officers. Strength IV twice (or at least once and then mashing Y) gets rid of the weak point gauges for giant bosses in one cycle except for Imprisoned, and only because it automatically gets up at the halfway point. Her special attack has good power and range and her weak point smash, while not the greatest, has some decent coverage as well. At the end of it all...she's not really missing anything. Heck, for hitting enemies in a line in front of her, she has Strength III, and her standard attacks are quick and easy to roll out of. Even Volga's fire breath doesn't have the crowd-clearing ability her Strength II does, and his is slower starting up to boot. He also can't get rid of giant boss weak points in one cycle, at least not with any combo I've tried.

Really, after using Volga more, he's seeming less good than I thought. His fire breath is a decent crowd clearer, but can also be awkward to control, and his other strong attacks aren't that great except for using Strength II to get rid of officer weak points. He's not bad by any means, but he doesn't seem to have clear advantages over other characters.

I could be jumping the gun a bit, but I dunno, Cia seems to have an answer for everything in this game.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I still intend to play Volga and Ghirahim the most once I get around to getting them! I will try out everyone I can, but yeah, Volga and Ghirahim are just awesome. :P

Also, I remembered where that third Spinner track location in Hyrule Field in TP is! It's in the area just north of Eldin Bridge, right by the tiny bridge there. I knew there was a third, my mind was just blank on it for a bit. lol

To beat bosses with Volga you keep on doing his Y Y X then dodge, and Wizzro's Y Y Y X (360 no scope) works really well for bosses, but I don't really like playing as him.

Anyone know a more effective way of grinding money besides doing reward map 1 over and over?

If you have the masterquest pack, any of those rack up your K.O. counts are good for it.

Also the TP DLC has gone back from available now to available November 2014.

Does anybody know a good boss-killing combo for Dorf? I can't find anything better than his standard string with specials, but that doesn't want to work while using your focus spirit. So far his C5 (X X X X Y) seems to be the best, still bettter than anything Zant, Agitha and Fi have here but it still doesn't seem to be that much

If you have the masterquest pack, any of those rack up your K.O. counts are good for it.

Also the TP DLC has gone back from available now to available November 2014.

Does anybody know a good boss-killing combo for Dorf? I can't find anything better than his standard string with specials, but that doesn't want to work while using your focus spirit. So far his C5 (X X X X Y) seems to be the best, still bettter than anything Zant, Agitha and Fi have here but it still doesn't seem to be that much

Use Volga's XY combo constantly. He'll always knock and juggle the foe in air. Also the second fastest way to kill giant bosses( the best is Cia's XXY which summons three Dark Links that do basic combos).

Guys.

I got Ghirahim! :D And he's sooo fun to play, though at the same time, he's being difficult to get the hang of. He's like really different from everyone else, even Fi. But I love him all the same! I haven't played with Volga yet though, I spent so much time playing with Ghirahim that I got tired. XD

But somehow, it only took me one try to complete that mission that unlocks Ghirahim. I dunno why I had so much trouble before, I didn't do anything much differently except hang around the allied base for a little more time. But I guess even a small difference can make a big difference. :P

Use Volga's XY combo constantly. He'll always knock and juggle the foe in air. Also the second fastest way to kill giant bosses( the best is Cia's XXY which summons three Dark Links that do basic combos).

Yeah, I do that on officers, X X Y dodge seems to work fine on bosses, also Cia's X X Y is projectiles, the three links is X X X Y

Guys.

I got Ghirahim! :D And he's sooo fun to play, though at the same time, he's being difficult to get the hang of. He's like really different from everyone else, even Fi. But I love him all the same! I haven't played with Volga yet though, I spent so much time playing with Ghirahim that I got tired. XD

But somehow, it only took me one try to complete that mission that unlocks Ghirahim. I dunno why I had so much trouble before, I didn't do anything much differently except hang around the allied base for a little more time. But I guess even a small difference can make a big difference. :P

Dodge roll out of his poses at the end of combos, and use his standard strong against officers, (not entirely sure what it does, but it's got to be worth something), also his X X X Y seems to be my go to combo.

Guys.

That happens to me a lot. Like I'll have a really tough time with something, and when I finally beat it, it felt so easy.

But yeah, Ghirahim is awkward at first (actually, he's always a little awkward), but pretty good all the same, and has some really fun moves to use.

Yeah, I think that kind of thing has happened to me before too, now that I think about it. It sounds familiar. :P

This other mission that I unlocked by completing the Ghirahim one though. It says that the prize for an A-rank victory is a heart container with Ghirahim's face by it. I thought this meant that I had to A-rank it using Ghirahim, but it doesn't seem possible. He's not exactly a powerhouse, so he doesn't rake in kills very fast. And the mission is to kill 700 enemies within 10 minutes. Maybe I just need to juice him up with some badges?

Yeah, I think that kind of thing has happened to me before too, now that I think about it. It sounds familiar. :P

This other mission that I unlocked by completing the Ghirahim one though. It says that the prize for an A-rank victory is a heart container with Ghirahim's face by it. I thought this meant that I had to A-rank it using Ghirahim, but it doesn't seem possible. He's not exactly a powerhouse, so he doesn't rake in kills very fast. And the mission is to kill 700 enemies within 10 minutes. Maybe I just need to juice him up with some badges?

Yeah the later kill x00 in 10 minutes require a really high level to A rank, and also you to ignore the bosses, and later officers.

I still can't do any better than a B rank in Cia's kill 1,000 because of all the Imprisoneds sliding around and the deku babas you can't kill

Not yet, I wanted to play with him some first. But I was going to make use of the training dojo anyway because Volga and the other DLC peeps start at lv. 1.

I personally find Wizzro to be the most awkward out of the DLC bunch. I don't seem to understand his style.

I've got Ghirahim level 60ish with a level 3 weapon and still haven't managed to A rank that one (got about 5 seconds away one time, though). The A rank requirements can be really dumb since they're all uniform based on the type of objective, regardless of if it makes sense or not. For example, "Kill X00 enemies in 10 minutes" missions require you to beat them in 7 minutes for A rank, whether it be 1,000 enemies or 400 enemies.

Badges and levels always help, though.

Well fortunately in the regular map you only need to clear the kill 1,000 with Agitha to get the heart, then with MQ you have to stomp, run, stomp some more and get lucky, those are possibly my least favourite mission type, along with the don't get hit adventure maps

Well fortunately in the regular map you only need to clear the kill 1,000 with Agitha to get the heart, then with MQ you have to stomp, run, stomp some more and get lucky, those are possibly my least favourite mission type, along with the don't get hit adventure maps

The "every attack is dangerous" missions are my favorite. You can just spam arrows and kill all of targets.