Opinions on the Lucina/Avatar Confrontation in Chapter 21?

Kreekakon

I know you pay attention to details a lot more than the typical person.

I sure as hell didn't pay attention all THAT much my first playthrough.

As long as the surface was "good enough".

Why do you think the game is so popular for the typical person?

Or the popularity of Chrom x FeMU?

It's not details or immersion... it's wish fulfillment.

Like someone said in another thread, Awakening tells its audience what to feel.

For people like me the first time through, it worked.

Definitely. Wish fulfillment is a big selling point of Awakening. Your avatar is by far the most powerful unit in the army, everyone loves avatar, avatar can be any class and hang anything that moves. First play through of Awakening is quite the experience. But after you start applying thought instead of feels to the story it starts to fall apart little by little.

At the beginning of MaMU x Lucina's Ch.22, if you choose not to resistant, you'll doubt that if MaMU is an S and Lucina is an M (from the dialogue & MaMU's expression).

Honestly the only one that confirms Lucina being of that nature is Brady:

pECQqzp.png

Honestly the only one that confirms Lucina being of that nature is Brady:

pECQqzp.png

BDSM!Lucina is best Lucina. That would certainly add some spice to her character. Imagine Chrom's surprise if he finds a copy of 50 Shades of Grey in her room.

"F-father! I-it's not what you think!"

"You AND your mother, Lucina?! What type of family am I raising?!"

Bonus points if the mother is Sumia or Olivia.

Special version: Pretty great.

Normal version: Terrible.

I've never gotten why Lucina actually listens to Chrom in the normal one.

Since her arrival [ignoring hindsight, since there's things she did not know at the time]:

...She failed to prevent Emmeryn's death.

...She failed to prevent Basilio's death. (She calls herself out on this too)

...By all logic, not going the extra step is going to treat her with failure again.

Why would she think third time is gonna be different? She doesn't have that want/need to believe Chrom here like she does in the special versions.

Honestly I'd be expecting her to kill MU in their sleep in the non-special ones. (Of course, that's a quick trip to ensuring her bad future, since things, but that's hindsight is 20:20)

Special version, it makes sense. She loves MU either as mother or husband. She wants to believe it. She can't kill MU here since she's ...get this, not this unbreakable [lolno, she IS broken] supersoldier that some people make her out to be.

She's got a lot of weight on her shoulders with the special one... normal one, not so much. Chrom's stance just reaffirms her in the special.

It is something typical I noticed in many more hammy sort of anime plotlines. The main cast will always be ones to believe no matter how bleak "destiny" apparently dictates otherwise. Chrom mostly fills the role of the 100% believer with Lucina playing the more pessimistic person.

Given how the scene played out I got the impression that this time was the last straw for Lucina, and that it was the final time she was going to keep out hope for things turning out for the better without going extreme drastic lengths to achieve it.

Definitely. Wish fulfillment is a big selling point of Awakening. Your avatar is by far the most powerful unit in the army, everyone loves avatar, avatar can be any class and hang anything that moves. First play through of Awakening is quite the experience. But after you start applying thought instead of feels to the story it starts to fall apart little by little.

This is why I love Awakening so much, and why I don't dislike stories similar to it as much as I should. Story is my biggest complaint as being the weakest link for me, however I still will laud it as being a "meh story with great execution". The core of the story is nothing special, but it FEELS really great which is something that I really appreciate.

I liked the scene, but I think it depends on your investment in the characters. I always like the "should you kill the innocent before he/she goes evil" plot in time travel.

The music is great as well.