Dragon Quest VIII has the best game soundtrack

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Tracks from Nier)

Eclipse wins.

But, to return to the original point - DQ8 doesn't even touch the upper echelon of RPG soundtracks, to be fair, though it is consistent and generally pleasant. (Sugiyama is a pretty legit composer, though - He did Ideon, after all.) If you take Fighting in the Sky as an example, you get a pretty generic piece of ochestral music. (Albeit with a strong mid section.)

It's not on the same level as a Sakuraba or a Mitsuda.

Edited by Siuloir

The dragon quest franchise has great music in general. I especially like the remixed boss themes from the special grotto bosses in DQ9.

I really liked the DQIX version of Grueling Fight from DQIII.

FFVIII is better

you are fucking wrong

ff8 a shit

(music notwithstanding, eyes on me is still bad)

sorry whenever someone says ff8 is better than anything, the red mist tends to descend.

Edited by Tryhard

DQV masterrace.

But really though, people have preferences, and when it comes to music, that's just about the only thing ones judgement is derived off of.

Edited by Topazd255

DQV masterrace.

But really though, people have preferences, and when it comes to music, that's just about the only thing ones judgement is derived off of.

DQV had a great random encounter theme.

EDIT: wow it worked.

I successfully disguised a link as normal text.

Edited by Espeon Shaman

The PS2 version OST is recommended, just about every song in the game has been orchestrated. :p I have massive bias but still.

Can I have a link?

Google mostly comes up with DQV DS. There's also the fact that that's the version I play.

Well, just about every DQ has an awesome battle theme starting from 3 or something like that.

Apparently the link for the PS2 soundtrack wasn't up anymore. I can upload it somewhere if you wish, but it doesn't really differ THAT much from the orchestra version that can be found here.

Well, just about every DQ has an awesome battle theme starting from 3 or something like that.

Apparently the link for the PS2 soundtrack wasn't up anymore. I can upload it somewhere if you wish, but it doesn't really differ THAT much from the orchestra version that can be found here.

*cough* IX *cough*

Yeah, it sounds familiar.

Ugh, now I want to play DQV....

Edited by Espeon Shaman

you are fucking wrong

ff8 a shit

(music notwithstanding, eyes on me is still bad)

sorry whenever someone says ff8 is better than anything, the red mist tends to descend.

I thought you were cool man

the only thing I thought was bad in the entire game was the orphan twist. Even as a ten-year-old I thought it was pretty bullshit. Everything else about it was incredible. Even talking about it makes me feel like a kid again.

awww shit I'm making a nostalgia thread fuck it

the only thing I thought was bad in the entire game was the orphan twist. Even as a ten-year-old I thought it was pretty bullshit. Everything else about it was incredible. Even talking about it makes me feel like a kid again.

I love the random aliens that spend their entire lives patrolling the Ragnarok.

you are a bad man

(i'm with spoony etc on this one, almost everyone I know hates ff8)

whaaaaaaaaat the soundtrack is literally the only reason I ever felt the desire to play Nier. :0

WHAT ABOUT THE STORY?! If you're a sucker for FF, you're in for the emotional roller coaster of your life. One of the endings got TEARS out of me.

At least in the orchestral NA version.

I mean.

There is so many gorgeous songs in that game.

Remembrances, Dhoulmagus... and especially Battle in the Heavens.

JUST LISTEN TO HOW GORGEOUS IT IS.

lol 0/10 worst music ever that hurt my ears

Listen to this song it's so good

/sarcasm

Edited by PixelmanFE

I love the random aliens that spend their entire lives patrolling the Ragnarok.

Oh yeah, they scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. :0

you are a bad man

(i'm with spoony etc on this one, almost everyone I know hates ff8)

Most of the people that I know hate the series as a whole, not just VIII. But I also have a friend who's obsessed with VIII. Or at least was obsessed with Squall.

WHAT ABOUT THE STORY?! If you're a sucker for FF, you're in for the emotional roller coaster of your life. One of the endings got TEARS out of me.

ohmanohmanohman but I heard the gameplay was really mediocre.

Edited by Esau of Isaac