Dragon Quest VIII has the best game soundtrack

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll be too busy with your emotions to care about such petty things.

Really?

Better start playing it then

Most of the people that I know hate the series as a whole, not just VIII. But I also have a friend who's obsessed with VIII. Or at least was obsessed with Squall.

I'm not afraid to admit I love Squall. I WON'T HAVE IT! I WON'T HAVE PEOPLE REFERRING TO ME IN THE PAST TENSE!

I love how no one talks to Squall about that conversation afterwards. Just pretend it never happened.

Most of the people that I know hate the series as a whole, not just VIII. But I also have a friend who's obsessed with VIII. Or at least was obsessed with Squall.

I like most of the series even if Ff7 isn't the best thing evar

Just not 8.

WHAT ABOUT THE STORY?! If you're a sucker for FF, you're in for the emotional roller coaster of your life. One of the endings got TEARS out of me.

As long as it's not Drakengard.

I thought you were cool man

the only thing I thought was bad in the entire game was the orphan twist. Even as a ten-year-old I thought it was pretty bullshit. Everything else about it was incredible. Even talking about it makes me feel like a kid again.

awww shit I'm making a nostalgia thread fuck it

drawing spells?

Edited by Phoenix Wright

I thought that was the single weakest complaint about that game. You don't really need to spend an inordinate amount of time to draw unless you decide you absolutely have to have 100 of each spell. Even then, if you spend like five minutes drawing at the beginning of the game and then junction to the magic stat, you can pretty effectively farm spells without difficulty.

i suppose so. ff8 is a game i played once many years ago, and i don't feel nostalgia for it, so i kinda just forget about it, good or bad. ff9 is my fanboy final fantasy. how you feel with 7 is how i feel with 9.

i don't really play dragon quest at all. i want to, but don't have a strong enough desire to prioritize it over upcoming games like destiny (FUCKING SO FUN JESUS), wright v layton, and smash. i also really want to play the new mario and luigi rpg, but i can't afford it. so dragon quest needs to be sacrificed, i guess. and now i'm just reminding myself of all those great ds rpg's that i never got to play (radiant historia, world ends with you, sands of destruction). damn...

I like FFIX a lot. It, VII, and VIII are generally tied with one another for my favorites in the series, with one or another edging out depending on when I'm asked.

Dragon Quest games are pretty fun, but they're also pretty grindy. They tend to be pretty "classic," so for me I'm usually turned off unless I'm in the mood for it. Also while Radiant Historia was good, it's nothing compared to World Ends With You. It's one of the only games, let alone RPGs, that actually put the DS's capabilities center-stage in its gameplay.

I thought that was the single weakest complaint about that game. You don't really need to spend an inordinate amount of time to draw unless you decide you absolutely have to have 100 of each spell. Even then, if you spend like five minutes drawing at the beginning of the game and then junction to the magic stat, you can pretty effectively farm spells without difficulty.

try explaining that to myself as a kid :B

I think it's still a needlessly complicated and pointless system - it's a shame that every character is almost exactly the same in terms of stats IIRC.

I could go into the other many problems I have with the game but I'll spare you.

I've never tried FF9 but I've heard it is quite good. The art scares me.

My favourite like an unoriginal shit is FF6 so you can now call me fucking wrong.

I like 10 despite it being linear and the story being pretty bad, so that would probably be second.

Edited by Tryhard

Nah, they're different in stats but since all of your relevant bonuses come from junctioned magic then no one would really notice or care unless they were min-maxing or something.

Also IX looks weird but it's so endearing. It was a return to roots for Square at the time, and it all feels very classical, it just kinda pops. The characters, especially the main character, are quite unlike earlier installments. And just like the others the atmosphere and soundtrack are terrific.

I like FFIX a lot. It, VII, and VIII are generally tied with one another for my favorites in the series, with one or another edging out depending on when I'm asked.

Dragon Quest games are pretty fun, but they're also pretty grindy. They tend to be pretty "classic," so for me I'm usually turned off unless I'm in the mood for it. Also while Radiant Historia was good, it's nothing compared to World Ends With You. It's one of the only games, let alone RPGs, that actually put the DS's capabilities center-stage in its gameplay.

ah, okay.

i think that's the reason i stayed away in the first place? and i've heard that from everyone who has played twewy. it's not very expensive, i may just go ahead and buy it one day.

try explaining that to myself as a kid :B

I think it's still a needlessly complicated and pointless system - it's a shame that every character is almost exactly the same in terms of stats IIRC.

I could go into the other many problems I have with the game but I'll spare you.

I've never tried FF9 but I've heard it is quite good. The art scares me.

My favourite like an unoriginal shit is FF6 so you can now call me fucking wrong.

I like 10 despite it being linear and the story being pretty bad, so that would probably be second.

what esau says about the art.

6 is p amazing. i also liked 10, and 12, and 13. i pretty much at least liked every ff i played.

I liked TWEWY's music. Not my favorite OST, but it was a perfect fit for the setting of the game.

The honor of my favorite RPG OST belongs to Xenoblade Chronicles

why do rpg's have to be my favorite genre? T_T my roommate owns this game and i really need to play this too.

I liked TWEWY's music. Not my favorite OST, but it was a perfect fit for the setting of the game.

The honor of my favorite RPG OST belongs to Xenoblade Chronicles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p45gdP2OKmU

Ohhhh man, Xenoblade is such a good game. One of the best RPGs I've played in years. The soundtrack really is beautiful.

Still haven't beaten it though. I finished the trial with Melia and decided to stop playing on the Wii to try emulating, so I could play in HD. Unfortunately my CPU's not advanced enough to handle it so I'm still waiting on that. :(

EWWWWW

WHAT

what about the beautiful ending song

Ohhhh man, Xenoblade is such a good game. One of the best RPGs I've played in years. The soundtrack really is beautiful.

Still haven't beaten it though. I finished the trial with Melia and decided to stop playing on the Wii to try emulating, so I could play in HD. Unfortunately my CPU's not advanced enough to handle it so I'm still waiting on that. :(

WHAT

what about the beautiful ending song

You really should finish it. Xenoblade is my favorite RPG and in my top 3 games.

And I had completely forgotten about TWEWY's ending song despite really liking it.

Tonton so witty