Rise to the challenge is the bestest boss music ever

ChefGuevara

I dunno, those opening notes convey such an "AWWWW SHIEEEEET" vibe that it really makes you feel screwed;I have bad flashbacks to Damian and his damn killing edge the first time I played this game,and while campaign of fire has the same thing going with the organ-soundin notes,it's ruined by the fact that you can one shot it with canas or athos(and technically eliwood)

Edited by Livin La Vida Loca

I enjoy the basic boss music from FE5 and the Battle of Pride from FE10 the most.

The intro for A Mighty Foe in FE9 is great, but I find the rest of it lackluster. Fire Emblem has always held my favorite boss music.

I'd say there are better boss themes in the series. There's Medeus's one, Arvis's one, Hardin's one, Zephiel's one, Ashera's one, and Grima's one. The last of them I consider to be the best in Fire Emblem history.

Then there are many boss themes in other franchises with more impressive merits. At the very top, there's Demise of the Ritual from Shadow of the Colossus, which has the best production values and the best atmosphere for any boss battle; Dancing Mad from Final Fantasy VI, which is the most complex, symbolic and thought-provoking piece of music in any video game ever; and there's Hero's Challenge from Dragon Quest III (SNES version), which single-handledly changed the way video game soundtracks are composed.

Edited by Xator Nova

Comparing special boss themes against regular ones is kinda unfair, nearly ALL of those are good in this series. (that being said, I'm mentioning Camus and Black Knight theme because I can).

Also, this may be drifting off topic (I blame Xator) but to list some other greats, Ys II's Termination is still mind boggling, Koshiro's master of the FM chip completely astounds me to this today. Staying with Falcom, The Azure Arbitrator from Ao no Kiseki or The Strongest Foe from Ys III are other must mentions!

Edited by Irysa

Well if you're talking character specific then the Burger King and GOLDOA WILL NOT GROOVE will win easily,and a mighty foe loses me after the first few measures;on a related note I also enjoy a decisive battle from fe9