The prices of old FE games...

shadowofchaos

tumblr_namov5qlLg1rmzb08o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_namov5qlLg1rmzb08o2_1280.jpg

What manner of horrendous BS is this?

$100

And this is at my local game store that I really trust since they got me back my stolen American Capture Card 3DS way back when. And theyve repaired stuff I couldnt do myself. So I like them.

But this is ridiculous.

No wonder newcomers cant get into FE games as easily without piracy.

Yep the prices in FE has gone up a lot ever since Awakening was released. The demand for them has gone up a lot now since a lot of new players want to play the series now. Since the prints on these games were pretty low and most people who actually own their copy of FE are holding theirs, it's much harder to play the authentic product now.

Luckily FE7 is at least released in Europe Wii U eshop now so that's a start for some accessibility without paying ridiculous prices. Of course the question is will people buy a Wii U?

I think it has to do with it being in the box. I got a used cartridge of FE7 right after Awakening came out and it was only $20.

However, the same store recently got a copy of Path of Radiance and that cost $80.

So either having it be in the box raises the value by a whole lot, or your used game shop is overcharging.

So either having it be in the box raises the value by a whole lot, or your used game shop is overcharging.

Like seriously, I think they're overcharging:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fire-Emblem-Kingdom-Hearts-Chain-of-Memories-GBA-Dual-Bundle-with-booklets-/121415592458?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1c44eeea0a

I think it has to do with it being in the box. I got a used cartridge of FE7 right after Awakening came out and it was only $20.

However, the same store recently got a copy of Path of Radiance and that cost $80.

I believe that game shop is overcharging. For comparison, here is what an eBay search query of "Fire Emblem GBA" sorted by "Time: ending soonest" turned up: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Fire+Emblem+GBA&_sop=1

Granted, there are some listings that are even more than $100, but then again, those listings are for factory sealed games.

that's a bid though. Chances of it going up to 60 bucks or up is pretty high and the seller can pull it off immediately if it's not a bid price that he/she wants it.

A lot of these sellers also don't do international shipping so I can't purchase the good priced ones.

I think you should tell the game store guys "Yo...im into FE and i kinda did some research. You are never gonna sell that cart cuz you are overcharging for it. Theres no way, even with the box, that its worth that much. Come on, guys."

Cuz really~~

really...?

Local game stores can be really shitty about their game prices, my FE7 was a gift, but the price on it was $70. I was lucky to get Sacred Stones and PoR all for about $50 a piece, but still, that's quite expensive.

I definitely think it's overcharging. FE7 is probably the Fire Emblem game I see the most in used game shops, because it sold really well IIRC. Sacred Stones is also pretty easy to find, but Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are really rare and command outrageous prices. Shadow Dragon can also be expensive, but not nearly to the same degree.

I fished Shadow Dragon out of a bin once for $8, brand new and factory sealed, and resold it for $15 pretty much immediately. If I hung onto it, it would probably be worth more now online but for a long time it was easy to get the game for dirt cheap. Same with Blazing Sword and Radiant Dawn at one time. Now the games are worth a fair bit more, especially the console ones, but Blazing Sword is definitely not $100 material. And especially not a copy like that with an obviously damaged box. I'd say a copy like that is more in the $30-40 range at most.

The prices I've seen for the two radiance games reminds me of a minor case of Earthbound.

I am so glad I got all the English released Fe's on release. Heck even my import of 6 was cheaper then what people are charging for these.

I'd actually rather have the box opened so I can make sure the cart is legit. Imagine spending $100 on that and opening it up to find that it's one of those Hong Kong bootleg carts!

Then, when they show it to you, grab it and run.

German Gamestop stores don't know the worth of Fire Emblem games.

I bought FE9 and 10 each for only 30 € (40 $) there 1,5 years ago.

And now they would give in total 22 € (29 $) for both games, if I sold them.

And I bought FE11 in Gamestop for only 15 € less than a year ago.

I don't know, how it's in other countries.

Edited by TalesOf Hysteria

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Virtual_Console

there was a lot of nice stuff. most for wii tho, but still better than wiiu.

Yeah, but aside from Rekka no Ken (which I, too, think we should get outside of Japan on VC), none of those Japan-exclusive titles have gotten official translations. The amount of work that would need to go into a worldwide release would be way more than the payoff.

I just happened to check the Wii games at my local Gamestop a few weeks ago, and, lo and behold, a copy of Radiant Dawn for $58.49! Bought that up fast. First one I've seen there in years.

Now if I could just find a Path of Radiance that didn't cost an arm and a leg....

Edited by JechtShotMK9