Anyone still want to discuss RD?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't compare Aran to a knight. Knights are characterized by defense twice as high as the rest of their non-HP stats, who have average strength and mediocre everything else. Aran has average HP, awesome strength, awesome skill, mediocre speed, decent luck, awesome defense and mediocre resistance. Granted, he does share some problems with knights, but overall he blows knights out of the water.

Gatrie says hi.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Gatrie says hi.

Oh yeah, I agree. As much as it pains me to say it, Gatrie is better than Aran overall. However, Gatrie is far from the typical knight. His 60/60/60/35 growths for strength, speed, defense and resistance are insane on a knight. If GBA games and FE games in general had RD range growths (i.e. typically between 350 and 390%), those four would probably look more like 45/30/70/15. Gatrie is not by any definition a typical knight. Well, except for the crazy defense.

Gatrie is damn amazing

I used him in both FE9 and FE10

But it seems like everone in RD has a much better growth rate than other characters in the series. Well, most people...

Silly me. I confused 4-5 for 4-4(where you recruit Oliver). I hated that chapter for reinforcements, Bishop with sleep, and baby sitting Vika and Tormod.

Fast clear to avoid the appearance of many reinforcements and any risks with weaklings such as Vika/Tormod/Rafiel. Distribute units strategically: Oliver's throne room, the chests rooms and the first tier stairs where reinforcements appear by like EP5 or so.

Silly me. I confused 4-5 for 4-4(where you recruit Oliver). I hated that chapter for reinforcements, Bishop with sleep, and baby sitting Vika and Tormod.

That chapter has never really challenged me. I usually leave a sniper and a second ranged unit on the ledges, and then one of my powerhouses to block the reinforcements.

Volug can take care of the left side of 3-6 in 7 turns, laguz stone or not.

You can always put a laguz stone in lethe/mordecai's inventory and steal it, and he'll take care of both 3-12 & 3-13 in 2 turns as well. I should probably post a video to prove it.

EDIT: Not sure what's up with IPb, but I was quoting dondon's 1st post on the 3rd page.

Edited by Dr.Destro

It just really looks like she never grows out of her hole. You can compare her a bit to units like Heather and Lyre, in the way that their Str is usually always crappy, but they can find a way out of it...Lyre, not so much. But Heather? She has plenty potential in combat, with the right resources. Mist needs to be fed kills, staff spam, get all your Energy Drops and something like that. And she either has to get really lucky with her levels so she can be of any use.

And dat 25 Str cap is the worst thing ever that even Sol/Adept or Brave Sword combat is unviable and a waste. If only magic swords were a thing, her situation might be slightly better, but really, I recently trained Mist in a draft and I felt I wasted my time, honestly.

I tried to use her on my 1st PT(Still a little overwhelmed by the Greil Mercs), for one reason and for one reason only: Florete.

She died (Along with Soren, Rolf, and Rhys I think) on the chapter where it's fog of war. 3-1 I think?