What is needed to enjoy fire emblem?

GrySun

I am very fond of fire emblem games and I keep playing other fire emblem games, probably until I played all 13. But the more I like the franchise, the more I want to share it with some closer friends. Thats where the problem is.

It seems that a person must be quite specific to enjoy fire emblem. I managed to get a few good friends to try it out, but they didn't like the game.

So, what must a person be like to definitely like the games?

-Probably a fan of strategy games, but then again its turn based, which is not fun for most RTS players.

-Maybe a masochist, as the games can be frustrating, hard and unforgiving at times. Not many would enjoy playing one chapter for 45 minutes and then making a mistake, losing a character and restarting everything.

Or reinforcements could come unexpected and ruin everything, forcing the player to trial and error.

Anything else?

Depends on the person.

I got into them because I love the settings, characters, play style and such. And word of mouth due to Smash Bros.

Edited by JediSwordSaint

FE players come in 3 packages.

Weeaboos.

Statwhores.

Masochists

Occaisonally, the packages mingle a bit too!

Edited by Irysa

I got into them because I love the settings, characters, play style

Pretty much this but one thing that I do remember was how "simple" the way the game presented its graphics. Can't art to save my life so I appreciate the graphics I see.

Weeaboos.

Statwhores.

Masochists

I was neither of the three when i first joined. Unless I'm secretly a masochist.

I got into them because I love the settings, characters, play style and such h.

This. It's also nice to have someone to talk to about the games. (my case being my sister)

who even plays fire emblem

---

On a more serious note, I like either completely stomping maps with my omguberpowered units or coming up with an elaborate strategy to win with weaker units. Having a decent storyline (with characters I can get behind) helps too.

Something I don't like is a kind of halfassed mix of the two; a game like FE8 is fun because I can either work hard and try to LTC or I can just stomp with Seth implying there's a difference. FE11 wasn't fun because enemies are just strong enough that screwing up is a possibility, but not strong enough that I had to really think about what I was doing

Weeaboos.

Statwhores.

Masochists

I'm a masochistic stat whore.

Sometimes I use save states when I feel depressed. When one feels like trying they need a functioning brain, patience, and the ability accept some characters for who they are unless their stats make a difference.

b-b-but caeda

you would be surprised how often i've managed to fuck up and get even ubercaeda killed

the fact that she should be stomping but then i do something wrong is exactly it; it just makes it doubly frustrating for me :(

Depends on the person.

I got into them because I love the settings, characters, play style and such. And word of mouth due to Smash Bros.

Totally this. I love its simplicity and the game's randomness, putting you through diverse situations (excluding predetermined events, that is).

You know, i legit dont understand how this series manages to attract so many weebs. Genuinely curious about how that is.

Anyway, it just takes determination, problem solving skills, and a desire to see the blood of your enemies bubble up in pools around adorable little girls holding very large weapons.

I always enjoyed watching my favorite characters get strong enough to take on sections of the map on their own for the most part.

Having main characters with goals to give a damn about also helped but that kind of died for me once FE10 and onward happened.

You know, i legit dont understand how this series manages to attract so many weebs. Genuinely curious about how that is.

Anyway, it just takes determination, problem solving skills, and a desire to see the blood of your enemies bubble up in pools around adorable little girls holding very large weapons.

The characters have the patented Colorful Animu Hair?

Well I can't explain why I loved it so much, but SSB got me interested, and trying out FE7 sealed the deal. I think if more people tried that game the series would have a lot more fans, seriously I wasn't even big on this genre before that and I spent literally 3 days straight living and breathing fire emblem when I picked up FE7 because I loved it so much. Idk why. I think more people need to play that game, I still wouldn't even know what FE was like if I hadn't tried that game out just because you almost never hear about it (although I did see a player named Eliwood7 once in LoL, that was awesome :D (is that any of you?? :O ))