The dragon(cat)'s shiny pixels: 4/2/2015 Extreme Makeover: OC edition

Dragoncat

Ah, much better! :)

Oh, I just noticed some odd yellow skin tones on Lon'qu's chest... xP His neck is a bit oddly shaped too. And Morgan's head is a bit too far forward. But that's all I have left to say.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The necks, which you seem to have edited beyond just splicing, are too long in the case of 1 and 3, and the roundedness almost on top of 2 isn't right. I'd move 3's head to the right a pixel or two in relation to the body. I'd move 1's head down. I'd reference the Karel mug from which you sprited 2 for that one.

I see...I might do those things. For now...have another OC of mine. A badass dragon laguz!

rannoc__burning_fang_by_rubydragoncat-d8

Name: Rannoc

Race: dragon laguz

Class: red dragon

Affinity: earth

Personality:

Fiesty, brash, and a bit of a troublemaker. Not a fan of his nation's usual "remain neutral" policy. He would much rather pick a side and scorch the opposition. Doesn't mind associating with beorc and other laguz tribes. Has a friendly nature, but a strong sense of justice and won't stand to see the weak and innocent picked on. Usually all he has to do is give the bully a glare in his dragon form to make them back off, but there have been some stupider brigands who ended up burnt to smouldering crisps.

History:

He was born around the same time as Goldoan Prince Kurthnaga. The two of them have been close as long as they can remember, even more so now that Rannoc's father is the dragon king's head general. Today, Rannoc enjoys acting as an ambassador of sorts when he's allowed.

Relationships:

Gareth(father)

Kiya(mother)

Edited by Dragoncat

• 2 weeks later...

You don't pillow shade, you shade as if the light is from above(for battle sprites anyway), for example, the wyvern having a shadow on the top of its tail makes no sense if you think about the lighting. The pad on the wyverns hip has no realistic light source, can you tell me what kind of lighting would cast a shadow that goes around all edges of an object equally? (Actually, I think straight on lighting, as in the light is coming from the place of the viewer, but that is not the lighting in battle sprites)

The wyvern's helmet makes much more sense, compare that to his... hip... armor.

Edited by L95

I've been waiting to see Rannoc! He looks good, though the blue in his hair could be lighter. I can see that it's meant to be dark, but even lighter shades can still give that impression. It just clashes right now.

And speaking of his hair, just out of curiosity, how come it's blue when he turns into a red dragon? o.O

Edited by Anacybele

And speaking of his hair, just out of curiosity, how come it's blue when he turns into a red dragon? o.O

I figured not all dragon laguz have hair colors that match...one of Nyra's sidekicks in WoC is a black dragon with silver hair.

Creative license, pretty much.

• 1 month later...

Kurt looks like he could be Kent's brother or son. lol

Probably because of the orange hair, right? Does Kent have gray eyes? Cause I don't think he does...

Glad to hear I'm improving.

• 2 weeks later...

what happened to to the wyverns arms O.o

Preference. Wyverns are two limbed dragons...

Ninjad! Also the ones in Awakening don't.

Edited by Dragoncat