What happens in the barracks doesnt always stay in the barracks...

Dragoncat

Dude, calm down. I wasn't trying to sound demanding or rude.

But thanks anyway :)

But you were. You sounded really rude. No "please" and demanding that he spends his time on translating and then you also doubt his abilities...

Dude, calm down. I wasn't trying to sound demanding or rude.

But thanks anyway :)

But you were. You sounded really rude. No "please" and demanding that he spends his time on translating and then you also doubt his abilities...

Like Asthar said, you were.

Read your post again.

I'm pretty darn friendly with doing Japanese translations for people, especially in the General Fanart thread, but there are just times when people take my skills for granted, especially in that said thread.

Like my time should be soley dedicated for other people's curiosity.

If you were just trying to be funny, then you need to learn a bit more about social skills, especially about the implications of what you say.

Edited by shadowofchaos

If you were just trying to be funny, then you need to learn a bit more about social skills, especially about the implications of what you say.

I was trying to be funny, since I'm still quite new here I wasn't aware you were that skilled at translating. Again, no offense intended. At all...

This is the first time I've been told that online. Irl? Lots of times...I know it's no excuse but I have Aspergers Syndrome so I'm pretty socially awkward. Sooo...no hard feelings :(

I was trying to be funny, since I'm still quite new here I wasn't aware you were that skilled at translating. Again, no offense intended. At all...

This is the first time I've been told that online. Irl? Lots of times...I know it's no excuse but I have Aspergers Syndrome so I'm pretty socially awkward. Sooo...no hard feelings :(

It's okay as long as you try to be conscious of your choice of words. If you don't know the person yet, I would be cautious about stuff that could easily be misinterpreted. I often have difficulties with tone as well because I find that I sound much more blunt and unfriendly in writing than in real life (and I tend to curse more...).

Don't worry, Dragoncat, I have the same issues here since, as you know, I also have Asperger's. But as the others say, it just takes practice in learning how to word what you say properly. I'm still learning as well since I still have to be reminded on occasion...