Serenes Forest Smash Club! 3DS Friend Codes/Nintendo Network IDs, screenshots, videos, and more inside!

Anacybele

No, I've yet to face a Diddy Kong in this game, truth be told.

But Rosalina has ridiculous range with Luma, she's immune to projectiles (because she can absorb them), she's heavy, she's powerful, and she isn't slow either. She also has good recovery. She just has no weaknesses. Losing Luma doesn't even hinder her.

Well, I'm sorry. I suppose we shouldn't play with each other anymore. :(

she's really light. she appears to be heavy, but she's like samus except more extreme. you can also kill luma and get in on her for that brief period of time. it is hard, though it's completely doable.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GGs everyone! I'm going to stop for tonight.

No, I've yet to face a Diddy Kong in this game, truth be told.

But Rosalina has ridiculous range with Luma, she's immune to projectiles (because she can absorb them), she's heavy, she's powerful, and she isn't slow either. She also has good recovery. She just has no weaknesses. Losing Luma doesn't even hinder her.

Well, I'm sorry. I suppose we shouldn't play with each other anymore. :(

I don't want to stop playing you because of that. Maybe I could use other characters or something.

she's really light. she appears to be heavy, but she's like samus except more extreme. you can also kill luma and get in on her for that brief period of time. it is hard, though it's completely doable.

That's incorrect. I saw in one of our matches a Rosalina survived being launched at 140% damage. My Ike was launched at the same time, and I don't think his damage was that much different. Rosalina is a heavyweight.

And exactly, it's hard to exploit any weaknesses Rosalina could have, therefore they pretty much don't exist. xP

That's incorrect. I saw in one of our matches a Rosalina survived being launched at 140% damage. My Ike was launched at the same time, and I don't think his damage was that much different. Rosalina is a heavyweight.

And exactly, it's hard to exploit any weaknesses Rosalina could have, therefore they pretty much don't exist. xP

http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-4-weight-rankings.367479/

That list is also saying that Dr. Mario and Mario weigh the same, which is not true. I've seen it stated in several places that Dr. Mario is supposed to be a little heavier. Also, there is no way Rosalina can be that light and survive a smash attack at 140% damage. Trust me, she is actually a heavyweight and that list is inaccurate.

i once survived ness's forward smash as jigglypuff at 120%, so she must be a heavyweight.

smashwiki and smashpedia say rosalina is the 45th heaviest.

Edited by Comet

Also, there is no way Rosalina can be that light and survive a smash attack at 140% damage. Trust me, she is actually a heavyweight and that list is inaccurate.

Or maybe, I dunno? They DI'd it?

i once survived ness's forward smash as jigglypuff at 120%, so she must be a heavyweight.

smashwiki and smashpedia say rosalina is the 45th heaviest.

There's a difference between 140% and 120%. Also, my Ike was at a similar damage and he's listed as the 10th heaviest along with Wario on that Smashboards list. But he didn't survive the same exact attack. He was hit at the very same time as that Rosalina.

There's a difference between 140% and 120%. Also, my Ike was at a similar damage and he's listed as the 10th heaviest along with Wario on that Smashboards list. But he didn't survive the same exact attack. He was hit at the very same time as that Rosalina.

jigglypuff is the lightest character, so there isn't too much of a difference between the amounts of knockback that would occur with those percentages. also keep in mind that there's rage, DI (as gaia said), where you are on the stage, what stage you're on, etc...

it would also be important to say which attack you were hit by. there's a difference between marth's tipper f smash and fox's f smash.

Edited by Comet

Yeah, but one single attack sent both Rosalina and Ike flying. But only Ike was actually KO'd. I apologize for the debate, I'm just trying to make sense of why this happened.

Edited by Anacybele

Did anyone take a replay of that match that Ana / Ray is explaining?

It'd be very nice to watch, and also a good help in those everyone trying to explain their side on what happened. It sounds like Ray has just been using DI, because unless Rosalina AND Ike were in the same EXACT location of launching (without the help of DI) Ike would be the one to prevail.

Maybe one of you were closing to the ceiling, and caught a death. Any replays?

That list is also saying that Dr. Mario and Mario weigh the same, which is not true. I've seen it stated in several places that Dr. Mario is supposed to be a little heavier. Also, there is no way Rosalina can be that light and survive a smash attack at 140% damage. Trust me, she is actually a heavyweight and that list is inaccurate.

Lol, Rosalina's not a heavyweight. Trust me, she's my main. You need to learn to trust information sources more, this isn't the first time someone has provided a source and you respond with, "Well it's wrong because this happened to me."

Yeah, but one single attack sent both Rosalina and Ike flying. But only Ike was actually KO'd. I apologize for the debate, I'm just trying to make sense of why this happened.

Oh, duh, my bad. XD

Hm... I'm trying to think of which match that was, was it on Smashville?

Oh, duh, my bad. XD

Hm... I'm trying to think of which match that was, was it on Smashville?

I think we were at the coliseum stage, IIRC. I think you were Megaman, Tacoman was Fox, Ana was Ike, and I was Rosalina.

Lol, Rosalina's not a heavyweight. Trust me, she's my main. You need to learn to trust information sources more, this isn't the first time someone has provided a source and you respond with, "Well it's wrong because this happened to me."

We should play sometime, Fox. I don't get to play Rosalina mains often (or at all, really).

We should play sometime, Fox. I don't get to play Rosalina mains often (or at all, really).

Yeah, I still owe Randoman a R.O.B. ditto, but a combination of laziness and limited Wii U time create problems.

But maybe now that I'm actually looking around here I can get to adding people and potentially setting up matches.

I wanna say we were on one of the Animal Crossing stages, actually.

But what do you guys mean by "DI"? I've never before in my life heard this term...

DI stands for Directional Influence, where you can tilt the control stick in a direction to slightly alter where you are launched.

Yeah, I still owe Randoman a R.O.B. ditto, but a combination of laziness and limited Wii U time create problems.

But maybe now that I'm actually looking around here I can get to adding people and potentially setting up matches.

I don't have internet access for my Wii U while im up at school but feel free to add me too. I'm usually up to play on long weekends and spring break in March. Oh and then theres the summer too.