Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Tournament Hub (Please see post #1644)

Ema Skye

R00D

Slowpoke is already on both SF skypes you silly :p

check profile pics plox

I would really rather not look through the entire thread and each member of the Skype group

luckily I have a phone that can display them as a list

I have now identified Slowpoke; thanks for the hint I guess :V

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super Smash Bros. 3DS Draft Tournament

In this tournament, 16 participants will choose 3 playable characters each through a drafting process. These characters cannot be repeated and must be used through the whole tournament.

~Important Dates~

- Tournament begins Thursday, November 6, 2014. If participants are comfortable, they can play their matches before the tournament officially begins.

- Round 1 matches must be done by Friday, November 7, 2014, 11:59 PM EST.

- Round 2 & 3 matches must be done by Saturday 8, 2014, 11:59 PM EST.

- All matches must be done by Sunday 9, 2014, 11:59 PM EST.

~Rules~

- To join this tournament, a Challonge account is REQUIRED. There will be no private requests to join. To join this tournament go here and sign up.

- Items will be completely turned off.

- Winner is best 2 out of 3 matches. Finals are best 3 out of 5 matches.

- 3 stock, 8 minutes.

- Custom moves are allowed, equipment is not.

- You can only use the three characters you draft for the whole tournament.

- You can't use the same character twice in one round of matches, except for the finals, where two different characters are allowed to repeat (although you have to use your three characters for the first three matches).

~Drafting~

- Once all 16 participants have signed up, the drafting process will begin. The participants will be organized randomly (join order doesn't matter here) and will pick their characters one at a time.

- Drafting will take place in the Comments section in the Challonge page.

- Once the drafting order is decided, the 16 participants will choose one character each, then the second character will be picked in reverse order. That is, the participant who picked his first character last will pick his second character first, the one that picked his first character second-to-last will pick his second character second, and so forth until everyone has two characters.

- Finally, the third character will be chosen in the same participant order of the second character, thus drafting a total of 48 characters.

- Once a character is drafted by a participant, no other participant can draft said character.

- Mii Fighters are banned and will remain undrafted.

~Allowed stages~

- Battlefield

- Final Destination

- Yoshi's Island

- Prism Tower

- Arena Ferox

- Tortimer Island

- Tomodachi Life

- All Omega versions of stages.

Remember, to join, go to the Challonge page of the tournament and sign up. No other forms of joining will be accepted.

does drafting just begin when all the slots are filled? Where will it be done? Due to timezones etc it might be hard to coordinate getting everyone in skype or irc or something.

I really like the rule where you have to use all your characters btw.

Edited by General Horace

does drafting just begin when all the slots are filled? Where will it be done? Due to timezones etc it might be hard to coordinate getting everyone in skype or irc or something.

I really like the rule where you have to use all your characters btw.

Yeah, drafting should start ASAP so people can get to practice with characters they're not familiar with. As it says on the rules, we'll do it in the Challonge comments page.

If someone is too busy to do the Drafting process, they can PM me (or someone else who has more time to do so) a list of all 48 characters in preference order, so I can choose for them when drafting.

~Allowed stages~

- Battlefield

- Final Destination

- Yoshi's Island

- Prism Tower

- Arena Ferox

- Tortimer Island

- Tomodachi Life

- All Omega versions of stages.

I like this stage list.

Also, this idea itself could have turned into a disaster, but it looks like you thought it through really well, so it should turn out fine. Kudos.

Hopefully I can get at least two of my mains.

Sounds like a blast. I'll join and be able to play that day, I can take the bus to town after classes for a few hours.

Also I'd be signing up if my mobile wasn't letting me press sign up right now ;/..

Posted · Hidden by Florete, October 28, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, October 28, 2014 - No reason given

Sounds like a blast. I'll join and be able to play that day, I can take the bus to town after classes for a few hours.

Also I'd be signing up if my mobile wasn't letting me press sign up right now ;/..

Posted · Hidden by Florete, October 28, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, October 28, 2014 - No reason given

Can't we go back to the old days when sign-ups didn't fill up in a 6 hour window and deadlines were more reasonable? Weekends don't work for everybody... weekly rounds were cooler.

Multiple tourneys at a time were also cool.

Edited by Knife

Indeed. There's far more than 16 people interested in playing a tournament with other SFers.

But for the sake of this tournament, I can see that no more than 16 players will work due to the player:character ratio.

As for multiple tourneys running parallel, I did suggest it but it seems as though nobody is really pushing for it.

Edit: Just looked at the tournament bracket, it seems there's still 4 free spaces.

Edited by Raven

Indeed. There's far more than 16 people interested in playing a tournament with other SFers.

But for the sake of this tournament, I can see that no more than 16 players will work due to the player:character ratio.

As for multiple tourneys running parallel, I did suggest it but it seems as though nobody is really pushing for it.

Edit: Just looked at the tournament bracket, it seems there's still 4 free spaces.

I've just joined under the name C.B Flood again. Should be interesting.

I've got clearance to host a "Newcomer tournament."

This is like the "Original 12" tournament, except that, as you may guess by the name, you can use only the 12 newcomer fighters to Smash (Dark Pit and Lucina not included).

Tournament is scheduled to play between Saturday 29th November to Monday December 1st, but of course you can start playing your matches on Friday if both you and your opponent are comfortable with doing so.

Signups will open up a week before, on the 22nd November. 16 spaces.

However I'm still wondering whether or not I should allow people to use Dark Pit and Lucina. You can vote here (Straw Poll).

Edit:[spoiler=Rules]

SF SSB4 3DS tournament: Smash Newcomers

Rules
- Competitors: 16
- All items off.
- BO3. Finals BO5.
- Double elimination.
- 3 stock, 8 minutes.
- Custom moves allowed. Custom equipment not allowed.

12/14* characters allowed:
- Bowser Jr.
- Dark Pit*
- Duck Hunt Duo
- Greninja
- Little Mac
- Lucina*
- Mega Man
- Pac-Man
- Palutena
- Robin
- Rosalina & Luma
- Shulk
- Villager
- Wii Fit Trainer
* = May or may not be allowed, due to being clones.

Stages allowed:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Island
- Prism Tower
- Arena Ferox
- Tortimer Island
- Tomodachi Life
- All Omega versions

Edited by Raven

i'd join the draft tourny but i'm going to a melee tourny on that weekend...

ALSO WHOEVER SR KILL IS PM ME

Edited by Cornet

3DS. I'll add it to the title.

Besides, only NA is receiving the Wii U version before December, so it's not really possible to have a Wii U-based SSB4 tourney until it's released worldwide on the 6th December. Unless you want an all-American cast of players.

Signups aren't open until a week before the tourney starts, but I'll post a link to the Challonge page here once it is available.

Edited by Raven

All 16 spots for the Draft Tournament have been decided, so we can commence the Drafting! Here's the order!

8MBKczg.gif

The first character for each participant will be drafted in this order, then the second character in reverse order (starting with CBFlood, then General Horace, and finally LeaderR_Elliot). The third character will also be drafted in reverse order (starting with CBFlood and ending with LeaderR_Elliot)

Go to the comments section in the Challonge page to start drafting.