Socially Awkward Thread

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone tell a story, I've got nothing other than being lonely and shy. Also a lot of bullying in middle school.

If you want advice it would help to provide more details.

command it, really

i had to command myself to make the effort to talk to someone then it just got easier

think of it as a mental exercise

but even iii could get myself to talk to someone irl before...have you ever managed to stop yourself from comparing yourself to people or do you just not do it in the first place? what is it like? how does the difference feel if you've ever begin feeling the urges to compare yourself to someone?

Okay I got one

So once upon a time there was a guy named Not Me and he got really sick and had to go to the hospital. After a long time he was able to go home and had the brilliant idea that he was crazy in love with a girl he knew and hung out with before getting sick. So he called her and confessed his feelings for her and his heart was racing a million times a minute. He asked her if she'd go out with him sometime and was dying of embarrassment because he just realized that was talking five times faster than he could think and he must sound very stupid. Unfortunately she said she didn't want a boyfriend since she had broken up recently and then the conversation got really awkward and ended quickly. Not Me was not very bright and thought this just meant she needed time, and so was surprised when she had a boyfriend a week later. Her boyfriend was one of Not Me's friends, so it made hanging out very awkward. Soon the two were inseparable and Not Me and her rarely ever talked again and that's the end of the story

The two just got married and I got to go to their wedding recently. They are such a perfect and cute couple, they're like two peas in a big nerdy pod haha. Hanging out isn't awkward anymore, even though it rarely happens. Moral of the story is time heals all wounds I guess?

ok here goes

this isn't me, it happened to a friend. he hasn't visited that guy since

a Friend Of Mine got picked up from a party by his friend's dad, and was gonna stay the night at his friend's place. he threw up right in the middle of the car, like dead centre. it's an audi. somehow, he was not murdered, and was able to spend the night at his friend's after pissing on some plants and stumbling on every piece of furniture in the house.

of course, the next morning, he gets up and goes to greet his friend's dad and thanks him for having him over with a smile and a kiss on the cheek. the friend's dad looks really surprised and then laughs his ass off. he didn't fucking know he'd thrown up in the audi. jesus christ what the fuck.

Edited by fuccboi

ok here goes

this isn't me, it happened to a friend. he hasn't visited that guy since

a Friend Of Mine got picked up from a party by his friend's dad, and was gonna stay the night at his friend's place. he threw up right in the middle of the car, like dead centre. it's an audi. somehow, he was not murdered, and was able to spend the night at his friend's after pissing on some plants and stumbling on every piece of furniture in the house.

of course, the next morning, he gets up and goes to greet his friend's dad and thanks him for having him over with a smile and a kiss on the cheek. the friend's dad looks really surprised and then laughs his ass off. he didn't fucking know he'd thrown up in the audi. jesus christ what the fuck.

A friend of mine sounds like you.