Hola a todos

flexiamentalla

Hello, Fire Emblem novice here. Truth be told I never actually considered myself a fan of Fantasy/Strategic RPG's, and decided to pick up Awakening on nothing more than a whim, as I was quite comfortable in my little niche of casual games like Animal Crossing & Pokemon (yes, baby games, I know), but FE:A was a surprising and welcome challenge, and it has even piqued my interest in other more *hardcore* titles; Monster Hunter 3 & Shin Megami Tensei are my current obsessions. It's been an interesting change of pace lol. I finished Hard!Classic mode, with all my units survived (save Gregor; *sigh* RIP) and have started on Lunatic, which I'm abysmally bad at, but hope to get better!

A bit more about me personally: I'm 23 years old, I consume a disqusting amount of television, currently binging on Arrested Developement, and season 4 of Game of Thrones. I smoke like a train, which my mother hates, I'm trying to quit though, and I own a pretty respectable collection vinyls, mostly ska, 80's new wave, synthpop, rap and experimenal jazz. i also like a lot of miserable sad-sack music like joy division and the smiths

So, yeah. Im just here to learn some new FE stratagies, get through Lunatic/+, and meet people with similar interests.

~ :Jamaica:~

Hello there! I hope you enjoy your time spent here. Don't worry about Lunatic, it's hard when you first play it (oh, the amount of times I had to restart the prologue), but you'll figure it out soon enough.

I have to ask: do you intend to play older FE games too? I can certainly recommend them, though they're a bit different than Awakening.

Welcome and I hope that you try some of the older FE games if you get the chance and have fun while you're here. By the way Shin Megami Tensei is a great series and I'm looking forward to Persona Q next month.

Hello there! I hope you enjoy your time spent here. Don't worry about Lunatic, it's hard when you first play it (oh, the amount of times I had to restart the prologue), but you'll figure it out soon enough.

I have to ask: do you intend to play older FE games too? I can certainly recommend them, though they're a bit different than Awakening.

I was able to adapt to Hard mode with surprising ease, but chapter 2 on Lunatic has been a struggle lol. I have faith though.

Yes! The general consenses around here seems to be that Awakening is good, but the previous games are better, especially in terms of plot/story developement. So Im eager to try them, I plan on picking up a copy of Shadow Dragon for my ds sometime soon. As far as the others, I dont have any of the old game systems to play the other titles (yet) but it's definately somthing Im considering, and I do have an old Gameboy Advance around here somewhere...

Welcome and I hope that you try some of the older FE games if you get the chance and have fun while you're here. By the way Shin Megami Tensei is a great series and I'm looking forward to Persona Q next month.

Shin Megami Tensei is fantastic! Definately one of my favorite 3ds titles! It's challenging, and engaging but not impossible, which is great for someone like me whose very new to things like this.

I've been looking into Persona Q alot myself, and it's definately appealing, it looks very story/character driven which is one of my great weaknesses! I'll most likely be picking up a copy as well

~

Thanks you both for the welcome! Im sure I'll enjoy myself here

Edited by flexiamentalla

Hola. *waves* Welcome to the forest. Have fun here.

By the way, I don't play in Lunatic modes, too hard for me because I don't have the patience to go at it again if I screw up. So I usually just start hard mode games again.

Yes! The general consenses around here seems to be that Awakening is good, but the previous games are better, especially in terms of plot/story developement. So Im eager to try them, I plan on picking up a copy of Shadow Dragon for my ds sometime soon. As far as the others, I dont have any of the old game systems to play the other titles (yet) but it's definately somthing Im considering, and I do have an old Gameboy Advance around here somewhere...

Awakening and Shadow Dragon are some of the less popular (I believe) mostly for completely opposite reasons: Awakening is too far from the core of FE gameplay and Shadow Dragon isn't far from the core of FE gameplay enough (i.e. it's a bit bland compared to other titles). But there are plenty of people who love the games despite their flaws (myself included). Anyways, I hope you have fun. Shadow Dragon is the game that got me into Fire Emblem.

Awakening and Shadow Dragon are some of the less popular (I believe) mostly for completely opposite reasons: Awakening is too far from the core of FE gameplay and Shadow Dragon isn't far from the core of FE gameplay enough (i.e. it's a bit bland compared to other titles). But there are plenty of people who love the games despite their flaws (myself included). Anyways, I hope you have fun. Shadow Dragon is the game that got me into Fire Emblem.

I suppose it's just something I'll have to find out first hand. I think Awakening is fantastic, despite it's less than favorable reputation. So as far as I can see, if this is what's considered low on the totem poll, it can only get better from here.

also as a side note: I feel like such an idiot but I was just messing around with my old ds lite, and I completely forgot that GBA games are backwards compatable with the system. So that means I can play the highly regarded ~*'Sacred Stones' *~ that everyone is so in love with. So basically Im required to pick up BOTH next time I go shopping.

sigh I'm going to go broke before its all said and done, but oh well :rolleyes:

Edited by flexiamentalla

Hola. *waves* Welcome to the forest. Have fun here.

By the way, I don't play in Lunatic modes, too hard for me because I don't have the patience to go at it again if I screw up. So I usually just start hard mode games again.

Thanks, love!

I understand completely lol. I have terrible patience, but I also hate leaving things incomplete. Feeling like I cant do something, just makes me want to do it even more. I'm stubborn like that, and the struggle is too real.

I got a friend into Joy Division and the Smiths, and he was never the same (whoops). Anyway, welcome! Lemme roll out the red carpet for ya.

unroll.gif

I've tried to get people into them, but it never works out the way I want it to. For the best probably /sigh.

Thanks for the welcome lol!

btw: Frank Ocean is everything.

Edited by flexiamentalla

Do you have an Ambassador Certificate? Sacred Stones is on there.

If not, it's one of the cheapest FEs to get used online, so no big deal. It's also probably the most similar FE to Awakening in terms of gameplay (a lot of features from that game returned in Awakening, such as branching promotions, a world map with skirmishes and a postgame) but has one of the best villains in the series and is well regarded for it.

Shadow Dragon is a little funky. I usually don't recommend looking up spoilers for RPGs before playing them, but in its case there's so little exposition you're more likely to wind up a little confused if you go in blind (especially if you've been playing Awakening. Awakening's lore acts like it's a sequel to SD, but it's not- different dark dragon, different hero, different geography, different everything).

Anyway, enjoy your stay!