Having trouble moving to the next chapter (FE7)

Kuru

I have a serious problem trying to move on from my starting chapter to the next. I think I've done everything correctly, but when the next chapter (2) is suppose to start, it just takes me back to the title screen.

I've done the following, just so you know:

--created the first chapter with a defeat all mission. The ending event works well and takes me to the save option, but then, after the world map events load up, (Lyn's default one's prior to chapter 1) the screen goes to the start menu.

--I have assembled chapter 2 already and have pointed to my events correctly, and the next map as well. It should work, right? Well it's not working for me. :(

--Trying to fix that, I went into the Chapter Data editor and turned off the world map events, but that didn't help any, it still does the same thing: Chapter 2 won't start. (I just turned them off because I thought that somehow the world map connected to the next chapter, and having them off would just take me straight to chapter 2. In truth, I don't need the world map events for this simple hack.)

I dunno what else to do. I've followed the tutorials to the best of my knowledge and I am stuck with this issue. You guys have been great help so far, so if any of you can help me with this, please do so, I've thought about giving up, because it's kind of frustrating not getting things to work. But I don't give up easy, I know that I might be doing something wrong, and in bringing this issue up, perhaps someone can help me resolve it. So I will continue working hard with this.

EDIT

Ok, guess I have resolved the issue myself. I might have inserted my map or event over something already written. By having gone back to reinsert stuff, I managed to move on to the next chapter.

Edited by Satoko