• Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess
    • The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field
    • Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion
    • Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
    • Great Fairy Wars ~ Fairy Wars
    • Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator
    • Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess

Oh,

vs Shion the Incorruptible? Yeah, that's actually a pretty tough fight, especially in the last half. Treat it like one of your touhou fights and stream the wave. The 8 lightning pillars is definitely the easiest pattern, so hope the RNG gives you a little mercy there in the final stages. Anyway, for his actually difficult patterns, you've got the 3 constant rotating streams he uses at the beginning, should be easy. You've got the (|) type streams at about the 2/3 to 1/3 health mark, that can be tricky, but usually I find just making a fullspeed circle around the outside of the arena (and occasionally jumping if you're feeling pressured) will help, as it will usually eliminate one of the curved streams. For his full coverage spread (the most difficult), you want to be far away from him for most of it, for safer streaming baby steps, but you also need to be able to close the distance to pop him when he finishes, so it's a timing game. He'll shoot out fifteen waves before he stops, so try to start inching toward him near the end if you can, and maybe just recklessly jump at about count 12 or 13.

Let me know if any of that helps you.

I remember now what gave me trouble.

None of his attacks did.

It's the fact that Shion's barrier damages you on contact. I kept touching it by accident when trying to break it, and Shion would often ram into me with his barrier when I failed to break it quickly enough. Also the fact that sometimes, he simply stays where he is and starts shooting you at point blank instead of moving away once you start pummeling him. xD

Anyway, I managed to beat him now, on my fourth try. ...with just 1 HP left, but I beat him. xD

Alright, finally I can go on! \o/

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

I wanna play Adventures of Scarlet Curiosity, but I get an error message when trying to run it. Considering I can't read Japanese, I have no idea what's wrong. D:

Also in Ys Origin, I'm now stuck at the fire area's main boss.

I remember him being hard enough with Yunica on Hard (GUARD abuse ftw), but on Nightmare this guy freaking kills me in three hits. And I can't dodge his "lol let's submerge the platform" attack for the life of me. x_x

EDIT: Nvm, I beat him. But damn, this is getting tough. xD

Edited by Scarlet

I want to play Labyrinth of Touhou 2 because the cast includes some of my favorites and there's subclassing, and I plain love dungeon crawlers.

Are you running it in a Japanese locale? I had some issue and that seemed to fix it, iirc

That's always one of the first things I try to do when a Japanese game spouts an error message, but it didn't help. xD

There are these files in the redist folder, should I try messing with those?

I'd help with YsO, but I only played on normal, lol

Ys on Nightmare is... ...well, a nightmare. xD

Heck, the bosses are hard enough to deal with on Normal, so I can't blame ya. xD

Stage 5 bosses I battled ranked in order of difficulty, hardest to easiest (Easy Modo only, because otherwise Sanae would be higher):

1. Shou

2. Seija

3. Sakuya

4. Reisen

5. Sanae

6. Futo

Still have yet to fight Youmu, Komachi, and Rin.

I wanna play Adventures of Scarlet Curiosity, but I get an error message when trying to run it. Considering I can't read Japanese, I have no idea what's wrong. D:

Also in Ys Origin, I'm now stuck at the fire area's main boss.

I remember him being hard enough with Yunica on Hard (GUARD abuse ftw), but on Nightmare this guy freaking kills me in three hits. And I can't dodge his "lol let's submerge the platform" attack for the life of me. x_x

EDIT: Nvm, I beat him. But damn, this is getting tough. xD

Can you screenshot and post the error message? Also, I'd totally be up for an Ys thread, actually.

Ah, yeah, Gelaldy Phase 2 on Nightmare is super rough.

I remember now what gave me trouble.

None of his attacks did.

It's the fact that Shion's barrier damages you on contact. I kept touching it by accident when trying to break it, and Shion would often ram into me with his barrier when I failed to break it quickly enough. Also the fact that sometimes, he simply stays where he is and starts shooting you at point blank instead of moving away once you start pummeling him. xD

Anyway, I managed to beat him now, on my fourth try. ...with just 1 HP left, but I beat him. xD

Alright, finally I can go on! \o/

Ahhh, yeah, that would do it. It can be a bit of a trick to get the distance right, and I think it's all in the timing as to if he just stands there, or starts firing again. If you take too long, he's going to bullet you, so sometimes just to be safe I jump away and lost a few hits during the time I have to jump back. On the other hand, sometimes you can catch him as he's trying to move away and lock him down for a world of hurt, which is very rare, but incredibly cool when it happens.

Congrats on passing him up.

Edited by Balcerzak

Is the error when you try to run the game or on installing it?

Running it. Installing it worked fine.

Can you screenshot and post the error message?

Here you go:

errori6jor.png

And now the sand area boss is destroying me. Like, completely demolishing me. I die before I get to deal even a single point of damage to it lol.

Here you go:

errori6jor.png

And now the sand area boss is destroying me. Like, completely demolishing me. I die before I get to deal even a single point of damage to it lol.

"Failure loading default texture"

Do your files look like

FscEepv.png

0dq9u5J.png

Yes you are underleveled. Khonsclard is a level 32 boss, IIRC, and his healing factor is ridiculous to the point that you should probably be overlevelled if you want a fair shot.

Edited by Balcerzak

"Failure loading default texture"

Do your files look like

FscEepv.png

0dq9u5J.png

No, not even remotely. Maybe I screwed up installing it somehow? I guess I'll re-install it to make sure.

Yes you are underleveled. Khonsclard is a level 32 boss, IIRC, and his healing factor is ridiculous to the point that you should probably be overlevelled if you want a fair shot.

Yikes. @_@

Grinding on Nightmare takes ages though... Good grief, that's gonna be fun. >_<

I re-installed it (using applocale like before to make sure no Japanese symbols get messed up) and it still gives me the same error message.

I have a feeling I'm doing this completely wrong, but I have no idea how.

[spoiler=Here's what the folder looks like for me.]whatm4sjf.png