• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

But but Alice has the super mega focused thing when she fires, so you can hit an enemy for massive damage.

Amusingly enough, the laser's damage output is actually pretty unimpressive on its own; Marisa, Remilia and even Youmu easily beat it. It only shines if you use it for the MAlice Cannon.

Bal,

[spoiler=Ys Origin]How the heck am I supposed to beat Kishgal? I watched your video of the fight with him but I cannot replicate it. His ice tornado thing appears to be completely unguardable, it's undodgable if he uses it while you're close to him, and he spams it like nothing else. When I keep my distance waiting for my EX to fill, he instead spams the falling icicle attack followed by his projectiles, which likewise appear to be near impossible to dodge when combined.

I just can't find a way to damage him without getting my face torn off in return.

I'm level 44. :/

EDIT: Nvm, it took some more grinding and still more tries, but I beat him. This guy is not fun to fight.

Edited by Scarlet

Protos not around so I prolly won't get an answer but

Any advice for Mystic Square?

and no, "play one of the better games" doesn't count as advice

1. play marisa and shot laser to win, mima is also a good shot because ghost2fast

2. the squiggy yellow homing lasers on yuki and mai/shinki require minimal movement to sidestep

3. kill mai (white ice) first for an easier (imo) fight

4. pick up the blue circle powerup for the full dreambonus (point max value) to get a lot of score (and subsequently 1ups)

[spoiler=Ys Origin - we should really have a thread for it]So, like, is there any way to survive Hugo's Fire attack without using Burst or am I out of luck? I'm Lv48 and even if I happen to get a good fight against him, he eventually just goes "Fuck you" and instakills me with the ridiculous fire lasers.

Bal,

[spoiler=Ys Origin]How the heck am I supposed to beat Kishgal? I watched your video of the fight with him but I cannot replicate it. His ice tornado thing appears to be completely unguardable, it's undodgable if he uses it while you're close to him, and he spams it like nothing else. When I keep my distance waiting for my EX to fill, he instead spams the falling icicle attack followed by his projectiles, which likewise appear to be near impossible to dodge when combined.

I just can't find a way to damage him without getting my face torn off in return.

I'm level 44. :/

EDIT: Nvm, it took some more grinding and still more tries, but I beat him. This guy is not fun to fight.

Agreed, fighting him as melee is less than fun. I think I may have just been lucky, or maybe after enough attempts got sort of a sixth sense of just how close you can get to avoid triggering the tornado. I thought though that the invincibility frames from your fire spin were able to block it, but maybe I misremember.

[spoiler=Ys Origin - we should really have a thread for it]So, like, is there any way to survive Hugo's Fire attack without using Burst or am I out of luck? I'm Lv48 and even if I happen to get a good fight against him, he eventually just goes "Fuck you" and instakills me with the ridiculous fire lasers.

Oh fuck, I remember that achievement. That was a pain and a half. I believe it may be manageable if you can sort of spiral around him while he's doing it, but you're probably going to fail to execute it properly. You should at least Boost to halve the damage you take when you see him using it, and jump a lot to try to mitigate it some more. Maybe I'll give a try at a no Burst clear for you, but I can't make any promises.