• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

*wipes away some sweat*

Finally got that PCB 1cc. Not exactly happy with the score or the run, but an accomplishment is an accomplishment. Did I hear rightly that PCB has the easiest Extra in the series? (By virtue of essentially having two, and the second being harder.)

Sorry for being inactive for the last 11 days or so. I was in Bangladesh and the internet was being weird and didn't let me access SF much. I couldn't really check this thread or my PMs or post much.

However, what I was able to do, was finally clear MoF Extra on my birthday! This is my second Extra clear so far, after EoSD. I'm not quite sure what to challenge next in Touhou. I'll have to ask RAYKITTY~ if he's here.

Also, ftr, Suwako's Snake Eats Frog Due to Croak was a very annoying spell for me, and I've never captured it, because I seriously can't do stationary bullets.

How has everyone else been during this time?

*wipes away some sweat*

Finally got that PCB 1cc. Not exactly happy with the score or the run, but an accomplishment is an accomplishment. Did I hear rightly that PCB has the easiest Extra in the series? (By virtue of essentially having two, and the second being harder.)

Whoa, congratulations! SakuyaA is the worst for scoring anyway, lol, if that's who you were using.

And yeah, PCB is generally considered to have the easiest Extra Stage in the series. However, I can't beat PCB Extra because of this one spell (Princess Tenko) that keeps destroying me. I generally have problems with those kinds of spells (other examples of such types of spells being Yuyuko's Swallowtail Butterfly, Murasa's Sinker Ghost, etc) and the other players don't usually have issues with Princess Tenko, so basically the problem is only with me.

So yeah, you should try out PCB Extra if you wanna go for Extra stages. I should point out that I found MoF Extra to be pretty easy, so maybe you can try that out too.

Good job, Bal.

Hey Proto. Check the UFO competition.

No good job for my MoF Extra clear?

Alright, I'll check that.

Whoa there, let's not get excited and confuse it with Imperishable Night or anything.

wait i thought you considered IN the worst in the series based on your tohou tier list thing.

Great job, Proto!

Awesome.

Whoa there, let's not get excited and confuse it with Imperishable Night or anything.

IN is pretty great, but on par with UFO? Naaaaah

I try, I really try, BUT EVERY FUCKING TIME I GET TRAPPED DUE TO SOME GODAMN BULLET AND DIE.

*pats*

Trust me.

Whoa, congratulations! SakuyaA is the worst for scoring anyway, lol, if that's who you were using.

And yeah, PCB is generally considered to have the easiest Extra Stage in the series. However, I can't beat PCB Extra because of this one spell (Princess Tenko) that keeps destroying me. I generally have problems with those kinds of spells (other examples of such types of spells being Yuyuko's Swallowtail Butterfly, Murasa's Sinker Ghost, etc) and the other players don't usually have issues with Princess Tenko, so basically the problem is only with me.

So yeah, you should try out PCB Extra if you wanna go for Extra stages. I should point out that I found MoF Extra to be pretty easy, so maybe you can try that out too.

Sakuya B, actually, but I don't know that that would make her much better or worse. TBH, I usually never really know who's good or not unless I do a clean sweep of 1ccs with each shot type, each trying for score. And even then, based on just sheer experience build up, that tends to bias me to the shot types I try last.

Swallowtail Butterfly is a lot of fun, as far as cards go, but I still die to it more than I should, so I guess we'll see how Princess Tenko handles me, gently or otherwise. I've gotten quite close to capturing Sinker Ghost, but usually nerves get to me when the 10s countdown sfx turn on and I slip. I mean, sometimes the audio cues are great and all, but I find they fuck me over on survival spells pretty consistently and I don't know why.

Well, I'd have to 1cc MoF first, and last time the Mountain itself ended me, and I never stuck with it enough. We'll see, though, soon. I can feel it. And great work on clearing that up yourself. I was never particularly a fan of Suwako, lore-wise, so I have somewhat less of a burning itch to see it through. Not to mention, MoF is still my least favorite non Phantasmagoria mainline entry.

The best thing about IN for me are the Last Words. Trying to capture them was really fun. I still have a few that I haven't unlocked though...

Great job senpai!

I think I'm gonna go for something else instead of extra clears.

Try to 1cc all games on Easy, and then move on to Normal. Don't attempt Extra until you can handle Normal.

I try, I really try, BUT EVERY FUCKING TIME I GET TRAPPED DUE TO SOME GODAMN BULLET AND DIE.

UFO Easy Mode? Are there any specific parts that cause problems?

wait i thought you considered IN the worst in the series based on your tohou tier list thing.

Uh, I think you mixed up Bal with RAYKITTY~...

Great job, Proto!

Thanks!

Awesome.

It was awesome indeed

IN is pretty great, but on par with UFO? Naaaaah

I agree with this, though Last Words on IN were really awesome.

I'm pretty sure that was Scarlet. And my list was somewhat trolly anyway, given that I tiered the pc98 separately from the Windows.

I'd kind of fancy some sort of pc98 draft/competition, but lack of decent replay functionality would be hard for the judge to commentate, unless people used screencapture software, which would more likely than not cause framedrops and problems playing, unless their computer was a beast.