• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

primsrivers konpaku is what ends me T.T. okay that's it i'm going to try to upload replays of ufo and try to get you guys to analyze it because i don't think i can think take this constant bullshit anymore.

Edited by Junk

I'm pretty sure that was Scarlet. And my list was somewhat trolly anyway, given that I tiered the pc98 separately from the Windows.

I'd kind of fancy some sort of pc98 draft/competition, but lack of decent replay functionality would be hard for the judge to commentate, unless people used screencapture software, which would more likely than not cause framedrops and problems playing, unless their computer was a beast.

Open Broadcaster Software does video capture quite well iirc, and it's open-source and free and all that jazz. PC-98 emulators don't really demand that much power in my experience. In the worst case you'd just screencap the endgame score.

edit: wooh perfect boss rush clear of Normal Shou, gotta try for Byakukyurkren next

Edited by Fera

Marisa is too fat. I can't capture Hourai Elixir to unlock Reimu's last word. 150 attempts and counting. The crossing green bullets are what really get me on 70% of the runs. That type of pattern appears to be my achilles heel. Well, that and just feeling claustrophobic because there's nowhere safe to really move. I literally died once at a countdown of 00 (on one of the like, 10 times I made it all the way to the rings of dark bullets being penetrated by white diamond bullets of varying speeds).

So angry right now. I'm pretty sure that's the last capture I need too.

Did I hear rightly that PCB has the easiest Extra in the series? (By virtue of essentially having two, and the second being harder.)

You did, although some of Ran's spellcards are still very tricky until you figure out how they work. Once you understand all of her spells, she's easy to the point where I could very plausibly see myself No-Miss-Clearing the whole stage.

The Phantasm version isn't much more difficult, either. I'd still rank the Phantasm Stage among the easiest Extras lol (although Yukari's final spellcard is complete BS).

However, what I was able to do, was finally clear MoF Extra on my birthday! This is my second Extra clear so far, after EoSD.

Well done!

I'm not quite sure what to challenge next in Touhou. I'll have to ask RAYKITTY~ if he's here.

Normally I'd recommend PCB Extra, but considering your issues with Ran, maybe give TD Extra oder IN Extra a try instead. TD Extra is moderately challenging, but you can actually skip problem spells via Trance. IN Extra is more like a puzzle - Mokou is ridiculously insane if you don't understand her spells, but she becomes fairly trivial once you do.

Whoa there, let's not get excited and confuse it with Imperishable Night or anything.

That's an odd way to spell "Double Dealing Character". :newyears:

EoSD would be more fun if the shots weren't so unbalanced.

Uh, imo EoSD has some of the best shot balance in the series. All shot types have something going for them, none are really bad.

ReimuA has homing bullets and a decent bomb, but the shots are weak.

ReimuB has spread + power, but a terrible bomb.

MarisaA has power and a decent bomb, but little spread.

MarisaB has a pretty unimpressive shot, but it pierces. Also has the best bomb in the game.

MoF's system is the worst, IMO. There's not even any graze. >_>

I might improve in my Easy Modo 1cc, though, with MarisaA instead of ReimuA. We'll see.

Then I'll move onto Normal Modo, perhaps. Stage 4 is the worst.

Edited by Z.M.

I was talking about how MarisaB had spread which is stupid for a forward focus shot

Uh, not very much, really. And that's probably more because pretty much all pre-MoF shot types had stupidly large spread.

I kinda wish bombing didn't.cost power and faith though

What, you want infinite bombs? They're already sort of infinite to begin with. :B

Also, the Faith penalty is fairly trivial (3000), often outmatched by the Faith bonus received from the cancelled bullets, and even completely negated if you deathbomb.

Uh, imo EoSD has some of the best shot balance in the series. All shot types have something going for them, none are really bad.

ReimuA has homing bullets and a decent bomb, but the shots are weak.

ReimuB has spread + power, but a terrible bomb.

MarisaA has power and a decent bomb, but little spread.

MarisaB has a pretty unimpressive shot, but it pierces. Also has the best bomb in the game.

wot

i like raymoob's bomb

at least i can get point items with full value with it in stage parts unlike MASTER SPARKU

MoF's system is the worst, IMO. There's not even any graze. >_>

I might improve in my Easy Modo 1cc, though, with MarisaA instead of ReimuA. We'll see.

Then I'll move onto Normal Modo, perhaps. Stage 4 is the worst.

At least it doesn't have life pieces :newyears:

Sounds cool.

Ah- yeah it is.no denying it.

Uh, not very much, really. And that's probably more because pretty much all pre-MoF shot types had stupidly large spread.

What, you want infinite bombs? They're already sort of infinite to begin with. :B

Also, the Faith penalty is fairly trivial (3000), often outmatched by the Faith bonus received from the cancelled bullets, and even completely negated if you deathbomb.

For MarisaA, at full power, the "regular" bullets stage inside the borders of the magic missiles. Fire MarisaB, they start going outside of the lazers, is what I'm.saying.

I want infinite-r bombs. :t

I guessssss

wot

i like raymoob's bomb

It clears the screen of bullets, but it does hardly any damage and gives you next to no invincibility frames.

at least i can get point items with full value with it in stage parts unlike MASTER SPARKU

Move above the PoC before bombing. Problem solved. :newyears:

It clears the screen of bullets, but it does hardly any damage and gives you next to no invincibility frames.

Move above the PoC before bombing. Problem solved. :newyears:

i mostly use it for collecting things, specialy at the start of stage 2 where there are just too many of those enemies appearing everywhere to get stuff normally :V

would it even get the ones that appear from the sides with that?

wot

i like raymoob's bomb

hahahaha

raymoobs

like, moobs

hahaha I'm so 12 years old

someone give me a recent 2hu comiket album to listen to, I'm bored