• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

What qualifies as a bad spot? Aside from being too close to the edges?

I have to admit I'm not quite sure of that myself. I occassionally bomb this spell myself. xD

So you basically need to keep repeating the Phantasm Stage, go all the way to Spell #11 and practice on dodging each wave... That sounds incredibly troublesome >_>

Fortunately, having at least two lives and/or enough bombs in stock also works, as thankfully, it's only... six or seven waves, if I recall correctly.

I just tried TD Extra and uh, while her first spell is easy, her second spell keeps killing me and her third spell often surprise-kills me too. Is there any trick to her second spell?

I don't remember there being any trick to the second spell; it's just basic dodging, although the additional arrows from above Nue may catch you off-guard if you don't have good peripheral vision. The problem is really the arrows having terribly inaccurate hitboxes. xD

For her third spellcard, just stay away from the edges and shotgun Nue to oblivion. Also note that the bullets have a red tint when they're aimed at you; you can mostly ignore the blue ones.

Yeah, I'm using ReimuA, that explains why it's so difficult for me. Maybe I should go for MarisaA or SanaeB...

Yeah, at least give them a try to see for yourself if maybe they suit you better for the Extra Stage. Nue has a couple more spellcards that involve UFOs, so being able to destroy them quickly is definitely a boon.

Oh, I've been trying out Raiko for several months... until Blue Lady Show. I'm sorry, but I find Blue Lady Show to be far too ridiculous. I've never touched DDC Extra again.

Blue Lady Show is hard, but remember that SakuyaA can cheese it by slowing down time. :V

I actually survived Maelstorm for a little while before deathbombing. :c

And Varja, Recitation, and Fantastica are the three I always want to capture, haha.

Heh, okay. I never captured Vajra or Maelstorm on Normal though... >_>

Protooooooooo will you please look at my replays? :c

Maybe in the weekend. You'll have to link me to them first :P

But all public Touhou talk that is in not verified Touhou places are bad

wat

I have to admit I'm not quite sure of that myself. I occassionally bomb this spell myself. xD

I've never actually captured it, but I came really close a few times. There must be some trick to it.

Fortunately, having at least two lives and/or enough bombs in stock also works, as thankfully, it's only... six or seven waves, if I recall correctly.

Well, after going through 10 spells, it's not likely that you'd have that much resources, is it?

I don't remember there being any trick to the second spell; it's just basic dodging, although the additional arrows from above Nue may catch you off-guard if you don't have good peripheral vision. The problem is really the arrows having terribly inaccurate hitboxes. xD

It's the arrows above Nue that mix in with the other arrows and screw me over. Not sure about the hitbox though, maybe I'll Spell Practice it more instead of bomb-skipping.

For her third spellcard, just stay away from the edges and shotgun Nue to oblivion. Also note that the bullets have a red tint when they're aimed at you; you can mostly ignore the blue ones.

Wait, can I really afford to just shotgun her like that and avoid the red bullets? I need to try this!

Yeah, at least give them a try to see for yourself if maybe they suit you better for the Extra Stage. Nue has a couple more spellcards that involve UFOs, so being able to destroy them quickly is definitely a boon.

I'd have to actually 1cc the game with those shot types first, hehe. Shouldn't be too difficult, since MarisaA is my favorite shot type, but bleh, too time-consuming.

Blue Lady Show is hard, but remember that SakuyaA can cheese it by slowing down time. :V

Wait, what? It's a survival spell and Raiko kinda disappears. I mean, I was using SakuyaA myself so I think I'd notice if I was able to stick a knife onto her...

In other news, I made it to spell #8 of Mamizou, though the only one I can consistently capture is #3 (birdies~). Spell #8 has her transforming into Reimu, which is pretty cool. I'm guessing this spell changes with the shot type you're using?

Spell #7 is ridiculous btw. The one with a massive swarm of dogs and birds attacking you horizontally. I lost way too many resources on that >_>

Edited by Railgun

Well, after going through 10 spells, it's not likely that you'd have that much resources, is it?

I beg to differ. I got there with 4 lives in stock on my first try. :V

Wait, what? It's a survival spell and Raiko kinda disappears. I mean, I was using SakuyaA myself so I think I'd notice if I was able to stick a knife onto her...

Stick knives into her before the spellcard starts, stop shooting and never let go of the focus button. If you get it right, the knives won't explode and will continue to stick to her even when she goes invisible. You can even practice doing so in Spellcard Practice - in an actual run you just have to remember when Blue Lady Show comes up so that you know when to stop shooting.

Spell #8 has her transforming into Reimu, which is pretty cool. I'm guessing this spell changes with the shot type you're using?

No, she'll always disguise herself as Reimu. Would've been cool, though.

Spell #7 is ridiculous btw. The one with a massive swam of dogs and birds attacking you horizontally. I lost way too many resources on that >_>

That's one of her easiest spells, actually. Stay calm and try moving only vertically. You'll be surprised how trivial it is. (It helps to know the hitboxes of the animal bullets, though. They're smaller than it seems.)

Varja's awful on Normal. It's so scary. >_>

I know, right

Edited by Scarlet

Okay, so far, I'm finding Mamizou to be much tougher than Raiko. Maybe it's because I haven't reached her survival spell yet (which I doubt could be as evil as Blue Lady Show), or maybe it's because Mamizou is filled with trick spells like Mokou. In case of the latter, I might just watch other players' replays to learn how to tackle these spells.

At least Mamizou's non-spells are really lame, even for Extra Stage standards.

Okay, so far, I'm finding Mamizou to be much tougher than Raiko. Maybe it's because I haven't reached her survival spell yet (which I doubt could be as evil as Blue Lady Show), or maybe it's because Mamizou is filled with trick spells like Mokou. In case of the latter, I might just watch other players' replays to learn how to tackle these spells.

At least Mamizou's non-spells are really lame, even for Extra Stage standards.

tanuki3strong