• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

WHAT THE ABSOLUTE FUCK, FINALLY GODAMN 1CCED GAME BUT FUCKING NO, I GET HIT RIGHT WHEN SHE EXPLODES, FUCK THIS FUCK THS, okay now it's funny lmao

at least you can say that you got to the end.

Unfortunately now you have to do it better or with MArisa C

Fantasy Heaven was actually really really fun, even if it took me 187 attempts.

First of all, congratulations on capturing Hourai Elixir and Fantasy Heaven!

And yes, Fantasy Heaven is, indeed, really fun.

Only 187 attempts? Wow, you are seriously amazing at this! It took me 594 attempts before I finally captured Fantasy Heaven, heh

how do people think that reimu b is one of the best shottypes in mof. this shotype is awful, at least for survival.

Because she has a lot of power. In a game like MoF, I often don't suffer too much from lack of spread. I cleared MoF Extra with ReimuB if that means anything, and the only time I wished I had spread was during Suwako's third spell.

I do still think MarisaC is better, but ReimuB's ability to kill things quickly is more of my thing

WHAT THE ABSOLUTE FUCK, FINALLY GODAMN 1CCED GAME BUT FUCKING NO, I GET HIT RIGHT WHEN SHE EXPLODES, FUCK THIS FUCK THS, okay now it's funny lmao

To be fair, bullets slow down during the explosion, so if you're in the middle of some intense dodging, the sudden change in speed could really screw you over.

I think this happened to all of us though. RAYKITTY once died while Byakuren was exploding, and Flandre literally finished exploding before I saw a Game Over once.

Survival is all about reading the bullets and playing well.

^This, but unlike Emily, I also think that a significant factor in survival is proper resource management. Bombs exist to be used.

marisa c YOU ARE A GOD, my first legit 1 cc of mof using marisa c, this makes three touhou games 1 cced!

Congratulations! Which game do you want to move on to next?

I am thinking of one of pcb or ten desires, but i played ten desires after a long time and i suck at it., yep although used utsusho because i liked utsusho, but man mystical power plant is hard, it feels like one of those pokemon rom hacks that was designed to give a better challenge to touhou players.

Edited by Junk

I JUST CLEARED TEN DESIRES EXTRA!!!

That's my third Extra clear so far. And I cleared it on only my second day of attempting it~

My victorious run had a really hilarious death. At the start of the survival spell, Mamizou slowly rises up until she leaves the screen. At this point, I was pretty desperate for anything that would help with the last two spells, so I tried to shotgun Mamizou while she was rising up to collect more spirits, because an extended Trance would really help for either this spell or the last. What happened instead is that I got too close to Mamizou and died, thus losing a life and losing all my precious built up Trance on the easy first phase of the spell >_>

This was also the first time I captured Deserted Island (spell #7 where you vertically dodge dogs and birds), which was a really huge roadblock for me, and I'd often lose one life and two bombs on it.

Even though this only took two days, I'm still really happy about this victory. I think I'll take a short break from Touhou for a while though.

(RAYKITTY, any suggestions on which Extra/Hard to tackle next? The only Extras I cleared are EoSD, MoF, and TD, while the only Windows Hard I cleared are PCB and PoFV)

Congrats, Proto!

(RAYKITTY, any suggestions on which Extra/Hard to tackle next? The only Extras I cleared are EoSD, MoF, and TD, while the only Windows Hard I cleared are PCB and PoFV)

Well, you know which Extra Stages to tackle next (PCB because it's easy, IN because Mokou is fairly doable for the most part if her cards can't trick you, and Raiko because she's not as hard as the remaining two options).

UFO's Extra has a really hard midboss and murderous stage parts (and while most of Nues spells are easy, the ones involving UFOs can be a pain in the ass), so it's pretty hard to get to Nue with any meaningful amount of resources.

The stage part of SA's Extra Stage is pretty trivial, but midboss!Sanae and Koishi are tough as nuts.

As for Hard Modes...

I think I've told you to try DDC Hard before. I think you should be able to do it (with SakuyaA at the very least).

Other than that, TD Hard is pretty tame (although the distinct lack of extra lives is definitely a problem).

After that, I'd probably recommend MoF Hard. MoF on Hard is actually really tough, but you can still just bombskip half the game, so... :V

After that (or if MoF Hard proves to be too difficult), probably EoSD Hard. This is pretty much the point where you cannot take Hard modes lightly anymore; EoSD Hard is hard, period, and the other games I didn't list here even more so.

Edited by Scarlet

Wah, learning UFO normal.

XLlaLeF.png

Also, hi!

I've recently started playing, having done easy clears of PCB, MoF, most of SA and a 1CC of UFO.

Oh, hey, you finally posted here~

About the screenshot:

I think this happened to all of us though. RAYKITTY once died while Byakuren was exploding, and Flandre literally finished exploding before I saw a Game Over once.

Congrats, Proto!

Thanks!

Well, you know which Extra Stages to tackle next (PCB because it's easy, IN because Mokou is fairly doable for the most part if her cards can't trick you, and Raiko because she's not as hard as the remaining two options).

UFO's Extra has a really hard midboss and murderous stage parts (and while most of Nues spells are easy, the ones involving UFOs can be a pain in the ass), so it's pretty hard to get to Nue with any meaningful amount of resources.

The stage part of SA's Extra Stage is pretty trivial, but midboss!Sanae and Koishi are tough as nuts.

For whatever it's worth, I can reach Nue with 2 extra lives easily, with up to three bombs at best. If she drops enough life pieces, it might not be that much less than my supply of resources against Mamizou.

But yeah, I think I'll go for Ran next. Ran and Raiko are both bosses that I've seriously attempted but have given up on due to Princess Tenko and Blue Lady Show respectively. Well, to be fair, I can't even reach Blue Lady Show with enough resources to begin with, so I should probably stick to Ran for now.

As for Hard Modes...

I think I've told you to try DDC Hard before. I think you should be able to do it (with SakuyaA at the very least).

I actually tried DDC Hard a few weeks ago. It went pretty well... until Seija. Her spells started getting really ridiculous now >_>. Kagerou also had a massive spike from Normal to Hard.

The problem is that even on Normal Mode, I've been too reliant on auto-collect bonuses to rack up massive resources and spend them on whatever annoys me. Hard Mode makes auto-collecting much harder.

Other than that, TD Hard is pretty tame (although the distinct lack of extra lives is definitely a problem).

Hmm, I haven't tried TD Hard but I did capture all the Hard spells that I unlocked on Spell Practice... which doesn't really mean much. Might give it a shot if the stages aren't too mean.

After that, I'd probably recommend MoF Hard. MoF on Hard is actually really tough, but you can still just bombskip half the game, so... :V

MoF I did try, but I haven't really gotten into the habit of bomb spamming on it. Nitori's first spell is when spells started getting surprisingly difficult.

After that (or if MoF Hard proves to be too difficult), probably EoSD Hard. This is pretty much the point where you cannot take Hard modes lightly anymore; EoSD Hard is hard, period, and the other games I didn't list here even more so.

Well, I did find EoSD Hard to be easier than both MoF and DDC Hard, but it doesn't really have enough resources to compete with those, I guess.

Also, unless enemies have more HP on Hard Mode, Yuyuko might be able to trivialize stage parts on IN Hard as well. I did capture almost all IN Hard spells on Spell Practice (only Hourai Jewel and one of the Last Spells remained) so this just might be feasible as well.

SA and UFO are both too ridiculous for me to consider though.

I guess, once I get back, I'll try some more Ran. Princess Tenko might be bad, but the fact that it's not popularly considered to be a tough spell makes me think I can eventually overcome my weakness and master Princess Tenko. Or at least, not lose 3 lives to it >_>

I'm going to talk shit about SoEW because I just died several times to bullshit Orreries Sun

Fuck you, SoEW, you're not fun, not even with lasers

%2

Marisa's Orreries Sun is annoying, I always bomb to them and destroy the orbs quickly.

Mima's, on the other hand, should not be an issue...

Also, the thing about SoEW is that it gives you A LOT of resources. You get extra lives for like, every 20M until something like 80M, in addition to those given by the Stage 4 midboss and Mima. Considering that it's only five pages, and that Marisa is the only really difficult part of the game, you should be able to 1cc it after a few more attempts...

Edited by Railgun

Congratulations senpai!

Wah, learning UFO normal.
XLlaLeF.png

Also, hi!

I've recently started playing, having done easy clears of PCB, MoF, most of SA and a 1CC of UFO.

Hey there thou.

Yeah, most of us know those feels. Still, keep it up, you're almost there.

For whatever it's worth, I can reach Nue with 2 extra lives easily, with up to three bombs at best. If she drops enough life pieces, it might not be that much less than my supply of resources against Mamizou.

Beating her with 2 lives and a few bombs is plausible, but doesn't leave much room for even minor mistakes.

Nue drops 4 life pieces (one after each spellcard), then only bomb pieces.

I actually tried DDC Hard a few weeks ago. It went pretty well... until Seija. Her spells started getting really ridiculous now >_>. Kagerou also had a massive spike from Normal to Hard.

The only of Seija's spells that gets a difficulty spike on Hard is the up/down flip; the other ones are only mildly more annoying than on Normal. Still, if you're not confident, just plan a couple of bombs for the fight.

Kagerou definitely becomes a huge difficulty spike though, no kidding.

The problem is that even on Normal Mode, I've been too reliant on auto-collect bonuses to rack up massive resources and spend them on whatever annoys me. Hard Mode makes auto-collecting much harder.

Harder, but not impossible. Only practice will help with that - personally, I don't have trouble auto-collecting items even on Lunatic. You need to be able to tell when it's reasonably safe to go above the PoC even when there are bullets and/or enemies on-screen, especially in Stage 3.

Also, if you have trouble with SakuyaA, it might be worth giving MarisaB a try instead; her bomb converts bullets into extra [P]ower items, and thus usually life pieces on Hard/Lunatic. If you bomb at the right moments, she can actually rack up more lives than even SakuyaA.

Also, unless enemies have more HP on Hard Mode, Yuyuko might be able to trivialize stage parts on IN Hard as well. I did capture almost all IN Hard spells on Spell Practice (only Hourai Jewel and one of the Last Spells remained) so this just might be feasible as well.

To my knowledge, their HP remain the same, so Reimu and Yuyuko still roflstomp the stage parts for the most part. The bosses, however, are tough, especially if you pick the Border/Nether team and have to fight Marisa. Give it a try if you want.

In any case, good luck with whatever you attempt next!

Hnnnnnng maybe i should try some other Normal modo before EoSD @_@

But i need to beat EoSD uguuu

Normal!EoSD has fairly pretty easy patterns, but is stingy with resources. Just keep at it.

If you'd really like to try another game, though:

- PCB is the opposite, with difficult patterns, but an abundance of resources. Pick Sakuya and you can bomb literally every spellcard and non-spell in the game. xD

- MoF is easy if you spam bombs, otherwise don't bother

- UFO might be feasible if you can deal with the UFOs

- TD is much like EoSD; easy patterns, even a pretty reasonable amount of bombs/trance, but very little extra lives

- DDC is similar to PCB in that it has challenging patterns, but gives you a lot of resources to work with

I wouldn't recommend IN or SA for your first Normal 1cc in any event.

Edited by Scarlet

I just feel like I'm being way too ~inconsistent~ in the first 3 stages

And then if I lose one single life on these stages I rage quit :v

What's your opinion on MarisaB!Patchy?

I'm feeling she might be leaning towards the easiest ones but I'm not so sure yet

also EoSD's practice mode sucks so I don't use it :v

Edited by Blagi