• Gensokyo Millenium ~ History of the Moon
    • Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess
    • The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field
    • Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion
    • Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
    • Great Fairy Wars ~ Fairy Wars
    • Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator
    • Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess

Normal!EoSD has fairly pretty easy patterns, but is stingy with resources. Just keep at it.

If you'd really like to try another game, though:

- PCB is the opposite, with difficult patterns, but an abundance of resources. Pick Sakuya and you can bomb literally every spellcard and non-spell in the game. xD

- MoF is easy if you spam bombs, otherwise don't bother

- UFO might be feasible if you can deal with the UFOs

- TD is much like EoSD; easy patterns, even a pretty reasonable amount of bombs/trance, but very little extra lives

- DDC is similar to PCB in that it has challenging patterns, but gives you a lot of resources to work with

I wouldn't recommend IN or SA for your first Normal 1cc in any event.

out of curiosity why IN?

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

Because IN is one of the easier games

Other than fightain games which I can testify

Scarlet Weather Rhapsody is hard

but he also said SA which is known to have one of the harder normal modes out there implying that he said IN normal mode was hard.

I just feel like I'm being way too ~inconsistent~ in the first 3 stages

And then if I lose one single life on these stages I rage quit :v

It's okay to die once in Stage 3, actually; that still leaves you with 7 lives overall for the remaining three stages.

Don't ragequit after a single death if you're not even using Practice Mode - after all, how are you going to practice the later stages if you never actually play them? :V

What's your opinion on MarisaB!Patchy?

I'm feeling she might be leaning towards the easiest ones but I'm not so sure yet

Sorry, I just can't memorize what spells Patchy uses, as it differs wildly depending not only on your shot type, but also the chosen difficulty. xD

The only thing I remember clearly is that ReimuB is the only shot type that has to deal with Princess Undine / Bury in Lake. :V

However, a lot of spellcards overlap (meaning that multiple shot types end up facing them), so I'd choose your shot type not depending on what spells Patchy uses against it, but whether it actually suits your playstyle. Choosing MarisaB is only advisable if you really want Master Spark as a bomb.

also EoSD's practice mode sucks so I don't use it :v

Even so, make use of it, for the later stages at the very least; it's still a huge time-saver. It doesn't let you screw around much, but it still lets you practice.

out of curiosity why IN?

Because IN Normal is on par with some of the easier Hard Modes. :V

(Although I suppose it does let you start with up to 6 extra lives, which would put it more on the level of PCB Normal. I was assuming default lives for each game.)

okay I guess i'll try that for my first normal 1 cc!@ZM, but i'll probably fail due to it having hard attack patterns which is why i fail at pcb.

Edited by Junk

okay I guess i'll try that for my first normal 1 cc!@ZM, but i'll probably fail due to it having hard attack patterns which is why i fail at pcb.

It'll be alright.

Just keep on doing what you're doing, and you'll get an IN Normal 1cc in no time.

But UFO didn't have you face off against Reimu/Marisa.

I mean sure, sinker ghost is a thing. But master spark, earthray light, stardust reverie and those annoying start bullets with the stupid hitboxes/whatever reimu has exist.

IN Easy is pretty easy tho

It's the only game that I can say I can reliably 1cc

It's okay to die once in Stage 3, actually; that still leaves you with 7 lives overall for the remaining three stages.

Don't ragequit after a single death if you're not even using Practice Mode - after all, how are you going to practice the later stages if you never actually play them? :V

Stage 3 I usually manage to not ragequit when I die at Colorful Rain or Extreme Color Typhoon not when i die on both tho

Sorry, I just can't memorize what spells Patchy uses, as it differs wildly depending not only on your shot type, but also the chosen difficulty. xD

The only thing I remember clearly is that ReimuB is the only shot type that has to deal with Princess Undine / Bury in Lake. :V

However, a lot of spellcards overlap (meaning that multiple shot types end up facing them), so I'd choose your shot type not depending on what spells Patchy uses against it, but whether it actually suits your playstyle. Choosing MarisaB is only advisable if you really want Master Spark as a bomb.

Earth Sign "Rage Trilithon"

Metal Sign "Metal Fatigue"

Water & Wood Sign "Water Elf"

Earth & Metal Sign "Emerald Megalith"

those are the ones used against Normal!MarisaB

I use the bombs mostly for collection since EoSD doesn't have poc unless on full power and the item colection hitbox seems to be much smaller than the latter games

Master Spark is actually good for that

Even so, make use of it, for the later stages at the very least; it's still a huge time-saver. It doesn't let you screw around much, but it still lets you practice.

I GUESS

Speaking of that, I just realized I don't have Stage 6 unlocked

5 startiing lives and continues 4 lyfe

Edited by Blagi

only real men play touhou with standard lives and no continues.

I didn't.

Looks like you

Went beyond death.

Well yeah, that's what I do. :t I never continue anymore.

I know.

Maybe I should play DS (Dark Souls, not Double Spoiler).

IN Easy is pretty easy tho

Sure, that is true. IN Easy is about as easy as Touhou gets. :newyears:

Earth Sign "Rage Trilithon"

Metal Sign "Metal Fatigue"

Water & Wood Sign "Water Elf"

Earth & Metal Sign "Emerald Megalith"

those are the ones used against Normal!MarisaB

I remember that, personally, I find Patchy's earth spells to be pretty easy for the most part, but other than that I really can't remember off-hand how the fight plays out. xD

I use the bombs mostly for collection since EoSD doesn't have poc unless on full power and the item colection hitbox seems to be much smaller than the latter games

The item hitbox is the same, but unlike in MoF and later games, being near items doesn't draw them towards you, and focusing doesn't increase this item pull.

However, bombing for items in EoSD is a bad idea if you can't reliably 1cc it to begin with; reaching 60 million points for the Extends isn't much of a problem even if you drop a lot of point items, so save the bombs for when you actually need them to survive. Don't worry too much about your score, just try to survive until you pull off that 1cc you were going for.

Speaking of that, I just realized I don't have Stage 6 unlocked

5 startiing lives and continues 4 lyfe

Go for it. :V