• Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess
    • The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field
    • Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion
    • Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
    • Great Fairy Wars ~ Fairy Wars
    • Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator
    • Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess

Emerald is right.

I've had to restart MMBN2 at least 3 times (I remember a friend accidentally deleted the file and I had to replace my cart after it got stolen etc) but I didn't mind cuz I fuckin love that game.

I can understand losing your scores and what not can be awful but cmon..

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

Losing your data means that your score.dat (which should, in the case of UFO, be in the same folder as the game itself) was either deleted or corrupted somehow. I have no idea why this would happen if you don't personally mess with it (it certainly hasn't happened to me in all the years I've been playing), but I'm afraid there's only two things you can do:

- Check your recycle bin to see if it's in there. Maybe you accidently deleted your score.dat along with some of your replays. If it is there, you should be able to restore it.

- If you have a backup somewhere, apply it.

If you can't do either, I regret to tell you that you're probably out of luck.

I probably am out of luck.

So you're going to give up and wuss out just like that? All because your files(for one game even) was corrupt? ZM, please. I've had my files get corrupted before, know what I did? I kept playing and made new data 'cause I liked it a lot.

If this minor set back turns you off of Touhou then you never really liked it in the first place.

I don't want to go through all that hard work again...

Yes and when my last computer broke and I lost everything.

I just gave up

Actually no I didn't. I started playing the games again and tried to re-achieve the goals again.

I enjoyed what I was doing so it was still fun to do again.

Its kinda annoying how everyone else's constantly complaining about being ignored when I'm the one who legit got thrown away by literally almost everybody. *sigh*

I don't throw you away.

ZM: Then pack up and go home. Didn't you say something about Sanae helping you through some tough times? Guess what, she's playable in UFO, which happens to be your favorite Touhou game. Unless it was a huge lie.

And then I got everything on my Gamecube memory card deleted.

I was shocked, but I pressed on.

Glad to see you're doing the same.

Oh wait.

Its kinda annoying how everyone else's constantly complaining about being ignored when I'm the one who legit got thrown away by literally almost everybody. *sigh*

I'm sorry...

Edited by Faraam

ZM: Then pack up and go home. Didn't you say something about Sanae helping you through some tough times? Guess what, she's playable in UFO, which happens to be your favorite Touhou game. Unless it was a huge lie.

Yes, she did and still does...and it wasn't a lie...

I love UFO. I love it so much it ranks in my top ten video games of all time, and Sanae plays a huge part in that love. Just...the shock of losing all that data isn't fun...I'll continue to play, just...I need time to regain my determination.

ZM, just play the games again.

Losing save game data isn't nearly as bad as...losing almost every file on two of my hard drives when they decided to go crazy to where I would have to reformat them (especially photos that were taken over the years)

Or that would be the case if I never used file-recovery software to get them back

:(

To everyone who seriously convinced themselves I was ignoring them: I wasn't, at least not on purpose. Guys, sometimes this thread moves at a ridiculous pace of like 3 pages per hour or even more, and I don't sit here all day spamming F5, so I quite simply can't always keep up. If you adress me directly, I'm more likely to reply.

I know Emerald. And I know Scarlet.

I was just commenting on how everyone else seems to get all uptight about being ignored all the time over little things.

Also I still need to work more on my EB hack. Someone halp with story.