• Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess
    • The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field
    • Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion
    • Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
    • Great Fairy Wars ~ Fairy Wars
    • Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator
    • Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess

but things like that are ever changing

subjected and influenced by anything and everything to which we hold very little control over

so how am i supposed to believe what you just said

Isn't that like, exactly what I just said? You are totally agreeing with me here, then why is there a reason to not believe what I said???

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

I wish you would read before acting all pretentious.

It has stopped already >_>

Eat the seed before the flower blooms, y'know.

I dunno, I seem pretty Mokou, imo.

Hot-headed rage temper, I heal from injuries stupendously fast, I generally am not social outside of a few close friends, and I tend to be generally helpful.

Sounds pretty Mokou-ish to me.

http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=34941

Critique, CRITIQUE. Or just bask in my heartbreaking fail.

sorry lol emerald, I got distracted by other stuff, mostly involving league of legends, and then class happened

ok critique time I guess (does not involve score critique, since TD's scoring is GRAB SPIRITS PRESS C ON BOSS WIN GAME), not really indepth since I don't really play TD that much and kind of suck at critique anyway

stage 1: good, spirit collection during yuyuko could be better, you generate spirits by being close to her, you could get full 3 trance before the first spell or something

stage 2: nothing really noteworthy, except for the oddly early trance, I assume you wanted the double life spirits but barely missed them

stage 3: you missed kogasa's first green spirit and had your first death. just an error, easily rectified. otherwise, should try to get full trance after kogasa ends so you can get those sweet double bomb + life fairies a little before yoshika pops up. try not to panic when fairies box you in under you, try to anticipate a deathbomb while slowly and calmly working your way out. yoshika's last card, where she spits out a bunch of bullets before firing out lasers and some blue spirits, could be done faster if you pick up those spirits, since they heal her. otherwise just sitting at the bottom seems to work out for you, maybe easy has less health on this card.

stage 4: not sure what the bombs were for, I guess shits and giggles. odd place to trance, too, but whatever works. did you know that seiga names a technique that uses literal dead babies for one of her normal stage cards? well now you know! shame you died on that last spell, tho. :(

stage 5: ouch okay that death didn't look fun. if you didn't die you could've picked up some easy double life spirits here. you seem to really like bombing at odd places, honestly. I guess it's the stress of the situation. first futo card: try not to be in the middle much. otherwise you seem to handle her spells fine.

stage 6: again, another odd trance area. do not shoot the large fairies that carry spirits behind them, because if you do, you preemptively destroy all spirits behind them when each of them carries a green or purple spirit behind them. kill the spirits behind them and try to avoid shooting the fairies themselves. notably the ones after the red laser orbs have a fuckton of purple spirits. dying right on miko's final spell, that seriously stings, ouch. my sympathies, really.

all in all, try to manage your trances towards getting double life spirits, don't waste them willy nilly like you would a bomb. otherwise your survival could use a mite bit of work. deathbombing is a good skill to have.

Edited by Fera

all in all, try to manage your trances towards getting double life spirits, don't waste them willy nilly like you would a bomb.

I disagree. The ever-increasing life piece requirements for additional Extends in this game mean that using Trance to avoid dying (= saving a life) is much better than using trance to get a measly few extra life pieces (= far from being worth a full life). Combined with the fact that your Trance replenishes after a while, using Trance like a free bomb imo actually is the best thing to do survival-wise. Easy Modo is a bit stingy with blue/black spirits, but you also have to deal with less bullets, so it balances out.

So imo, if you know a lot of resource fragments are coming up and you have Trance ready, sure, feel free to use it if you can consistently deal with what comes afterwards. But if you have Trance ready at any other point and are in danger of dying, don't waste a bomb - use Trance.

I disagree. The ever-increasing life piece requirements for additional Extends in this game mean that using Trance to avoid dying (= saving a life) is much better than using trance to get a measly few extra life pieces (= far from being worth a full life). Combined with the fact that your Trance replenishes after a while, using Trance like a free bomb imo actually is the best thing to do survival-wise. Easy Modo is a bit stingy with blue/black spirits, but you also have to deal with less bullets, so it balances out.

So imo, if you know a lot of resource fragments are coming up and you have Trance ready, sure, feel free to use it if you can consistently deal with what comes afterwards. But if you have Trance ready at any other point and are in danger of dying, don't waste a bomb - use Trance.

honestly emerald isn't using either bomb or trance to save himself, so either would work if he had more reflexes to work with

I don't really know how fast trance recharges on easy but from what I can see it's pretty slow anyway, nowhere near enough to compensate having less bullets

I still figure bombs would work better, since trance ALSO doubles bomb spirits, not just life spirits

honestly emerald isn't using either bomb or trance to save himself, so either would work if he had more reflexes to work with

I was speaking more generally here. xD"

I still figure bombs would work better, since trance ALSO doubles bomb spirits, not just life spirits

You have to realize, however, that you'd still get the normal fragments without using either bombs or Trance (unless you're really slow at killing the fairies that carry them), so using Trance to double their value never actually gets you a full extra bomb (at least I don't recall any point in the game where 8 or more bomb fragments appear withhin 10 seconds).

It's more ambigous on Hard/Lunatic because the bullet density actually makes it quite hazardous to collect some fragments at all without using Trance, but on Hard/Lunatic Trance recharges ridiculously fast anyway, so you might as well use it on those difficulties.

Edited by Scarlet

I honestly don't know when and where to enter trance mode.

If you haven't yet memorized when the fairies carrying life/bomb fragments appear, just use it like you would a bomb. Really can't go wrong with that.

In Stage 6, just spam it whenever you see all the fairy/spirit chains entering the screen.

Edited by Scarlet

Also, forgot to point to point this out

stage 4: not sure what the bombs were for, I guess shits and giggles. odd place to trance, too, but whatever works. did you know that seiga names a technique that uses literal dead babies for one of her normal stage cards? well now you know! shame you died on that last spell, tho. :(

Wicked Hermit(heart) indeed~