• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

Total Purification (Hakutaku!Keine's Zenith spell) is seriously ridiculous. Even after dodging seven waves of purple bubbles, she just still won't die >_<

Total Purification (Hakutaku!Keine's Zenith spell) is seriously ridiculous. Even after dodging seven waves of purple bubbles, she just still won't die >_<

Aaaaaand Scarlet Team captured it after dodging only six waves.

Remilia too broken

I captured all of Patchouli's spells on Normal after not playing EoSD for a long time.

I really want to 1cc it now.

Whoa, that's really impressive! As far as raw skill goes, I find Patchy to be toughest boss in EoSD Story Mode. Sakuya and Remilia are both much easier once you know how to deal with their attacks. Go for it!

In other news, unlocking Blazing Star has given me a new appreciation for Reimu Solo. Destroying familiars while dodging focused is really awesome and there were plenty of moments in which using Reimu Solo gave me an easier time than any other shot type. That being said, her damage output was pathetic, so she's definitely not as good as Marisa Solo or Youmu Solo imo.

I find Patchy can be either harder or easier than Sakuya depending on your shot type

While I do agree that Patchy's spells (which depend on shot type) have varying difficulty, her last two spells tend to require quite some skill regardless of which ones they are.

Aside from Sakuya's Marionette and Remilia's Scarlet Netherworld, all of their other spells are quite straightforward. Most likely, if you're having trouble with anything they throw at you, it's likely because you're simply doing it wrong. In Patchy's case, it's mostly a matter of skill.

I'm using MarisaA.

Yesssss, another EoSD MarisaA supporter!

Patchy's nonspells are annoying, but at least her stage isn't giving me trouble anymore.

Yay, you mastered the art of streaming~

In other news, I cleared Extra with SDM Team and Netherworld Team (Akki, lemme know if you want my SDM Team replay, though I would still recommend Border Team), and I am now having trouble with Alice's Last Word. Even after so many attempts, her criss-crossing bullets keep hitting me. I'm sure they aren't static, but their aim is too accurate for me to dodge. Is there some trick to this?

The only other Last Word I haven't captured is Yukari's, and it looks like an annoying 100% memorization spellcard, ugh...

While I do agree that Patchy's spells (which depend on shot type) have varying difficulty, her last two spells tend to require quite some skill regardless of which ones they are.

Aside from Sakuya's Marionette and Remilia's Scarlet Netherworld, all of their other spells are quite straightforward. Most likely, if you're having trouble with anything they throw at you, it's likely because you're simply doing it wrong. In Patchy's case, it's mostly a matter of skill.

I find all of her ReimuA spells to be quite easy, and ReimuB's first two ones to be her hardest

marisaB's first two ones i sometimes have trouble because marisa is just too fast >_>

i still don't know what it is i still screw up at emerald megalith

water elf is easy even with marisa

haven't really used marisaA

and for the record her hardest spell is, imo, princess udine (reimuB's first one)

Focusing helps too, and calm your nerves and try not to rush anything. Part of screwing up comes from us stressing out too hard.

Sit back and relax

I just stream alot, A good tip is when you're at the edge of the screen is to go up quickly then move to the right or left depending on which side of the screen you are on.

I only have trouble with Yuyuko x_x

Also I no focused, no death'd Miko easy in TD. I also 1cc'd easy TD unfocused. Though that goes more to say TD is really easy, than it is about my unfocused skill. Since I managed to 1cc it unfocused on my very first try.

Edited by Akinaoki

Which shot are you using

Sakuya A.

Or you like just not play PCB since it's inferior to the rest. i say this now before I figure it out, just like I did MoF and SA

Of the three I've tried.

PCB is my favorite.

Sakuya A.Of the three I've tried.

PCB is my favorite.

That explains why its so hard. A lot of people have trouble with the opener for Sakuya A in stage 4.

Try Reimu, her small hitbox and homing will do wonders for any stage difficulties you have, its good practise too. (Though no guarantees on getting through Youmu in one piece)

Also learn to be calm and read the bullets as a group, rather than individually, it would help if you want to stream. Getting good at unfocused movement also helped me, because I dont like streaming.

Edited by Akinaoki