• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

That explains why its so hard. A lot of people have trouble with the opener for Sakuya A in stage 4.

Try Reimu, her small hitbox and homing will do wonders for any stage difficulties you have, its good practise too. (Though no guarantees on getting through Youmu in one piece)

Also learn to be calm and read the bullets as a group, rather than individually, it would help if you want to stream. Getting good at unfocused movement also helped me, because I dont like streaming.

I have, Sakuya A made bosses easier early, so yeah. I like the homing in her focus bullets.

Reimu makes the stages easier then? I'll try her.

I find all of her ReimuA spells to be quite easy, and ReimuB's first two ones to be her hardest

marisaB's first two ones i sometimes have trouble because marisa is just too fast >_>

i still don't know what it is i still screw up at emerald megalith

water elf is easy even with marisa

haven't really used marisaA

and for the record her hardest spell is, imo, princess udine (reimuB's first one)

I'm not sure which shot type gets which, but the first two spells are always of two different elements, and the third spell combines those two elements. So maybe there are some specific elements that give you trouble?

Her MarisaA spells aren't bad at all.

I agree with this, but I haven't actually played as Reimu in EoSD in a while.

...Hi

Hi Glaceon!

How do you PCB Stage 4. ;.;

I suck.

No, you don't. Everybody has trouble with Stage 4 when they first start. In PCB, Stage 4 requires you to stream a lot. Streaming is a technique for dealing with aimed bullets where you basically pick a direction (usually left or right, but vertical and diagonal streaming are still feasible in some applications) and then move VERY SLOWLY in that direction. This will cause the aimed bullets to form a stream behind you as you move. Eventually, you will reach the edge of the screen, but AFAIK in Stage 4, the aimed bullets would have stopped (even if only temporarily) by then. You can then start streaming in the other direction for the next wave and so on.

If you have Practice Mode unlocked, try to practice Stage 4 until you figure out how to deal with each part. Most of it is streaming. If you want, I can try to practice Stage 4 myself and send you the replay.

I have, Sakuya A made bosses easier early, so yeah. I like the homing in her focus bullets.

Reimu makes the stages easier then? I'll try her.

Reimu just has a smaller hitbox and moves slower, so its much much easier to control for beginners. Also, unfocused homing is yay.

No, you don't. Everybody has trouble with Stage 4 when they first start. In PCB, Stage 4 requires you to stream a lot. Streaming is a technique for dealing with aimed bullets where you basically pick a direction (usually left or right, but vertical and diagonal streaming are still feasible in some applications) and then move VERY SLOWLY in that direction. This will cause the aimed bullets to form a stream behind you as you move. Eventually, you will reach the edge of the screen, but AFAIK in Stage 4, the aimed bullets would have stopped (even if only temporarily) by then. You can then start streaming in the other direction for the next wave and so on.

If you have Practice Mode unlocked, try to practice Stage 4 until you figure out how to deal with each part. Most of it is streaming. If you want, I can try to practice Stage 4 myself and send you the replay.

Yeah, you aren't bad, Glace. Even now I still cant stream well (just ask Proto /o\ he had to give me a step by step of rainbow danmaku).

Edited by Akinaoki

Reimu just has a smaller hitbox and moves slower, so its much much easier to control for beginners. Also, unfocused homing is yay.

Yeah, you aren't bad, Glace. Even now I still cant stream well (just ask Proto /o\ he had to give me a step by step of rainbow danmaku).

I'll try then.

you don't need to play the games to enjoy 2hu

we need more minions healthy appreciative fans

some people will most likely judge you for it though, because yay stereotypes

I would not recommend Reimu for PCB for newcomers at all. ReimuA has pathetic damage output and ReimuB has trouble hitting things. Sakuya, on the other hand, has both spread (letting her hit multiple generic enemies during stages) and aimed knives (letting her hit a single enemy/boss without worrying about being directly under. A lot of PCB bosses have attacks where you're often not directly under them, so Sakuya deals with them really well.

The best part is, Sakuya gets 4 bombs/life. And considering that you can get like, 10 lives in this game, that's something like 10 bombs more than Reimu. Which should be more than enough to compensate for Sakuya's disadvantage in having to deal with Merlin's opener.

I would not recommend Reimu for PCB for newcomers at all. ReimuA has pathetic damage output and ReimuB has trouble hitting things. Sakuya, on the other hand, has both spread (letting her hit multiple generic enemies during stages) and aimed knives (letting her hit a single enemy/boss without worrying about being directly under. A lot of PCB bosses have attacks where you're often not directly under them, so Sakuya deals with them really well.

The best part is, Sakuya gets 4 bombs/life. And considering that you can get like, 10 lives in this game, that's something like 10 bombs more than Reimu. Which should be more than enough to compensate for Sakuya's disadvantage in having to deal with Merlin's opener.

Reimu homing is great for spell card practise, for obvious reasons. She is easier to control, and the spell cards last longer so you memorise them. I improved a lot after using Reimu a bunch this draft. (Though mine were forward focus.)

Edited by Akinaoki

I would not recommend Reimu for PCB for newcomers at all. ReimuA has pathetic damage output and ReimuB has trouble hitting things. Sakuya, on the other hand, has both spread (letting her hit multiple generic enemies during stages) and aimed knives (letting her hit a single enemy/boss without worrying about being directly under. A lot of PCB bosses have attacks where you're often not directly under them, so Sakuya deals with them really well.The best part is, Sakuya gets 4 bombs/life. And considering that you can get like, 10 lives in this game, that's something like 10 bombs more than Reimu. Which should be more than enough to compensate for Sakuya's disadvantage in having to deal with Merlin's opener.

You essentially summed up why I picked Sakuya after a bit of experimentation.

I will try using Reimu a bit more, but I'm so used to Sakuya now, so...

Reimu homing is great for spell card practise, for obvious reasons. She is easier to control, and the spell cards last longer so you memorise them. I improved a lot after using Reimu a bunch this draft. (Though mine were forward focus.)

I'm not sure what you mean by easier to control, but you might as well go pacifist for spell practice if you want to stall them. I definitely wouldn't consider you to be a newcomer btw. Newcomers aren't really expected to learn how to correctly deal with every segment of the game. It's far more important for them to exploit shot type conveniences and to utilize their resources well than to rely purely on dodging skills.

In any case, it depends on what the player is comfortable with. Different people have different playstyles and it all boils down to their own preferences. However, shot types are rarely balanced in Touhou, and I personally think most newcomers would be more comfortable with SakuyaA in PCB than any other shot type because of how the shot type is designed.

You essentially summed up why I picked Sakuya after a bit of experimentation.

I will try using Reimu a bit more, but I'm so used to Sakuya now, so...

I would suggest sticking to Sakuya. If you have trouble with Merlin's opener, you can either a) bombskip it (will require more than one bomb due to lower bomb damage multiplier on nonspells), or b) learn how to deal with it. It's a very intimidating nonspell but it's not actually as bad as it looks. Once you have the courage to return straight to the area where the previous bullets were fired on, it gets far easier. And SakuyaA has enough bombs to afford bombskipping it if it scares you that much.

Though, tbh, I think it's more important that you focus on getting better at Stage 4 than in trying to get good against Prismrivers. Prismrivers are really difficult for newcomers, and I wouldn't be surprised if you end up having to spam bombs for the entire fight.

What I need to do:

EoSD: 1cc Normal with MarisaA

MoF: 1cc Normal with ReimuB

SA: 1cc Normal with MarisaB

UFO: Attempt Hard and Lunatic with SanaeB, All Spellcards Captured Run in Easy with SanaeB (closest was a run with everything captured but two due to errors), Extra with SanaeB

Ooh, the things I have to accomplish. X_X

Edited by Z.M.

What I need to do:

EoSD: 1cc Normal with MarisaA

MarisaA may be my favorite, but I think MarisaB would be better for a first 1cc

MoF: 1cc Normal with ReimuB

MarisaC is good too, if you have trouble with ReimuB's utter lack of spread

SA: 1cc Normal with MarisaB

If you're going MarisaB (my favorite~) instead of ReimuA, it is strongly recommended that you abuse her multi-shot gimmick very well. Aside from the obvious Water Sign for spread, Earth Sign's high power is good for some of Parsee's and Rin's stuff, while Wood shotgun is overpowered enough (3.00 Power Wood shotgun is the strongest shot in the game) to pull off planned bombskips

UFO: Attempt Hard and Lunatic with SanaeB,

Poor Sanae has to undertake such painful torture...

All Spellcards Captured Run in Easy with SanaeB (closest was a run with everything captured but two due to errors), Extra with SanaeB

These sound very feasible though. You can do it, ZM!