School of Hard NOCs (take 2) - Game over!

eclipse

you have literally said this yourself. this raises a red flag which makes me think you are probably a scumlord.

good thing I'll get towncred out of the wazoo after you get lynched first and flip scum

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will come over there and whack you around the head. and pull your fingers out of your ears so you actually listen

seriously. this coming from the guy that knows how to tunnel, there's a time and a place for it. if you are town (ha) this is not it

bbm: if you think i'm scum as well, do you actually think that prims would let mancer out his buddy in thread just before he was lynched? i get that it's wifom but i really do not think mancer has the proverbial balls to do it on his own. he's no refa

sorry meant to say

ill come back to this in tomorrow, but in the mean time i want everybody's opinions on whether they think two safeguards, one of which is also a jailer, can coexist. i mustve skimmed the first time i read this but thinking about it it seems almost unconceivable to me. i have my opinion on which of the two id be more inclined to vote but i wanna hear opinions from those who havent given one on the matter. specifically, if you think that both their roles can exist as town, elaborate and enlighten.

Mancer was clearly trying to WIFOM in that post regardless of whether your slot is scum or not so...

I don't think Manix and Shinori's roles can co-exist

going to slep and I have class pretty much the whole day tomorrow so yeah

yeah I decided it's more likely that we don't have a protective role than that we have both a safeguard and an omni-jailer

i remembered that notv2 was a thing on motk and the jailer got janitored n1 there, so

no time to say anything else but i don't like manix's j push because as far as i can tell it comes down to "he could be bussing" without giving a reason why prims would push him over Mancer.

i am in an absolutely terrible mood due to other things and really do not give any fucks right now

seriously, i fucking try and do things and this happens? this does not help.

i am not coming back until morning and probably later.

Meh, tried to glean reads from the last several pages but I just can't. Can't see Manix's and Shinori's roles coexisting, and I don't really care enough to sort things out. Thought the way Shinori claimed yesterday was townie, still more inclined to lynch him over the Jailkeeper. If we mislynch, then BT can just vig/SK the other one for maximum towncred or something.

##Vote: Shinori

Insert something something about scum having a role which can not only block the person but actions on the person (these were both confirmed right, too lazy to reread) being terribly OP.

Not really, it has multiple functions but the only function a scum jailer has over a roleblocker really is stopping hook+killing the vig and watchers (hey look, it was scum this game) so meh. It can be used to protect scumbuddies too, yeah, but it means foregoing the hook on a townie.

Also scum!Manix would jail BT to stall out his death, so that's a bad reason.

Not really, it has multiple functions but the only function a scum jailer has over a roleblocker really is stopping hook+killing the vig and watchers (hey look, it was scum this game) so meh. It can be used to protect scumbuddies too, yeah, but it means foregoing the hook on a townie.

Also scum!Manix would jail BT to stall out his death, so that's a bad reason.

It's not just a jailor though, that's my problem. It blocks all actions on the target too.

Fair enough on the second point, though.

bbm (and refa and sb too, i suppose, but moreso toward bbm), do you guys think that either of shin or manix's powers can be mafia aligned?

what im torn about is the fact that manix's power is simultaneously op AND detrimental to town. a role that nullifies ALL actions on a player is kinda ridiculous. at the same time it counters itself cuz it simultaneously rb's the player. but i can definitely see an scum having this power. the fact that manixslot used it on the only pr that would be willing to nk him is concerning (since mafia would never really target the inactive), but something tells me his role is too ridiculous to be mafia aligned. shinori's role makes sense as town, and him safeguarding the kill IS weird. but... idk something tells me that that role in combination with mancer and prims' role (unless im reading it wrong hes essentially a watcher-godfather, no?) would be op as hell. and being an itp and targeting randa is kinda ridiculous cuz... why? i think of the two manix is the best bet to hit scum. it also doesnt help that his play has almost entirely revolved around his role vs shinori's role and hasnt really done much more than brush on actually finding scum.

##unvote

##vote manix

i know im the one that talked about not harping on roles and focusing on finding scum the good ol fashion way, but its damn near inconceivable to me that both of these roles are town, and nailing em is our best bet to finding scum (since its mostly become an inactive hunt outside of these two slots -.-)

They both seem too OP to be mafia aligned, but they don't make sense together as town roles. Maybe one of them is an ITP or something, I dunno.