It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've recently got the Shovel Knight Amiibo. Although I couldn't find it at local retailers and since this particular Amiibo is a bit special, I didn't want to count on stores ever putting it on the shelves like they do with Nintendo's own Amiibos, so I resorted to Amazon. Fortunately, I got it for the normal price.

You know, you can't really tell by the promotional images but Shovel Knight got a really nice butt. At least I think he does. I can't really compare it to any other figure since I otherwise don't have any Amiibos that show of the butts so far. It's probably a reference to Butt mode.

Edited by BrightBow

Just got a rare Ganondorf and the rare Ike amiibo (restock version) from two GameStop stores. It was a 10 minute drive to get the Ike amiibo to pick it up. I have about 10 amiibos remaining.

I'm still planning on to get the Marth and Robin amiibo for my Fire Emblem based Super Mario Maker course. But, I'll probably make an Path of Radiance based course since I got Ike amiibo.

Er, I wouldn't say Ike is rare anymore, same with Ganondorf. I see Ike in every GameStop I walk into, and I see Ganondorf in almost every store I walk in period.

Really, I haven't seen that many Ike and Ganondorf amiibos in any of the GameStop stores in my town? I did seen Zero Suit Samus amiibo first time in Best Buy and the GameStop that I got the Ike amiibo today. (I only did pick-upped the Ike amiibo from asking a GameStop employee if they have it in their system and I did used up my GameStop Gift Card from Christmas for getting the GameCube Controller Adaptor along with Ganondorf and Ike amiibo.)

I guess your town with the GameStop stores are pretty lucky to have the Ike amiibos around. :Sedgar:

Edited by King Marth 64

Well, I've been seeing a lot of them. Zero Suit Samus though, the only one I've seen lately is the single one we have left at the place I work at. xP

On another note, I trained up my Ike, Luigi, and Mii Swordfighter some more today. Just felt like booting up Smash for the first time in awhile. Ike is lv. 38, the other two are lv. 27.

At any rate the prices have dropped significantly on Amazon, so I think that supports what Anacybele's saying.

Anyway...

It's been more than a year now and still it seems that only Smash and Intelligent systems are doing anything cool with amiibo. That's... kind of sad. I still wish they'd do something like that tabletop game idea I had.

Well, I can understand them being hesitant. I've seen a lot of people complain that Amiibo are overpriced paid DLC and shouldn't exist, even if I don't agree at all. So a game that focused a lot on Amiibo could fail.

Oh wow, Gemma, your signature reminds me of that hope I had for a future paper mario game that has fire emblem characters as amiibo party members (since it's made by intelligent systems). I always pictured Lucina looking similar to your sig in the paper mario verse, at least facewise.

Speaking of which, I definitely looked at the Green Inkling Squid saids it's exclusive to the Splatoon amiibo pack from the official Nintendo website and I just tried Splatoon today that I did see you can get challenges from the amiibos. But, what differences to the Green Inkling amiibo that the other Inkling amiibos don't have for Splatoon?

And speaking of which my Marth amiibo will possibly be coming soon from the Package by Best Buy along with the amiibo adaptor for the regular Nintendo 3DS systems.

Edited by King Marth 64

Speaking of which, I definitely looked at the Green Inkling Squid saids it's exclusive to the Splatoon amiibo pack from the official Nintendo website and I just tried Splatoon today that I did see you can get challenges from the amiibos. But, what differences to the Green Inkling amiibo that the other Inkling amiibos don't have for Splatoon?

And speaking of which my Marth amiibo will possibly be coming soon from the Package by Best Buy along with the amiibo adaptor for the regular Nintendo 3DS systems.

the sqiud amiibo has other types of challenges the other 2 do not have... as well the rewards are also different.... to me the squid amiibo has the hardest challenges of the 3... but if you are looking for a loose one you can import one from japan.... if you are going to use them... it doesnt matter where you buy it from amiibo are region free

the sqiud amiibo has other types of challenges the other 2 do not have... as well the rewards are also different.... to me the squid amiibo has the hardest challenges of the 3... but if you are looking for a loose one you can import one from japan.... if you are going to use them... it doesnt matter where you buy it from amiibo are region free

Wait, so the Inkling Squid is exclusive for the Splatoon Pack in the US only (or is the other countries have the Inkling Squid exclusive in the Splatoon Pack) and it can be separate in the other regions?

Wait, so the Inkling Squid is exclusive for the Splatoon Pack in the US only (or is the other countries have the Inkling Squid exclusive in the Splatoon Pack) and it can be separate in the other regions?

it was only loose in japan... europe it came in the 1st print of splatoon in a large box... they also might had loose release later on... but i dont know... i havent kept up to date with amiibo sales in europe... but yeah its loose in japan

I just had a thought,

For the next FE, what if we were to get FE amiibo cards

we could use the cards to summon heros from past games

No we wouldn't be able to summon heroes from past games. What we would be able to do, is to use the cards to unlock a character that is already on the system.

I really don't get why one would want to add the extra step of having to use some external peripheral in order to buy DLC. These things have no practical purpose for the customer.

No we wouldn't be able to summon heroes from past games. What we would be able to do, is to use the cards to unlock a character that is already on the system.

I really don't get why one would want to add the extra step of having to use some external peripheral in order to buy DLC. These things have no practical purpose for the customer.

I think some people just like the idea of the "toys to life" thing and actually like having that extra peripheral, a physical manifestation of their DLC as a trophy they can put on their shelf.

Me, I just bought them because I want to have full access to everything Intelligent systems is involved with and I will wholly admit that most of the hopes I have for new amiibo content is purely out of a selfish desire for my investment to increase in value XD