Splatoon (Major Update on August 5th/6th, Ver. 2.0.0 Patch Notes Available)

Jave

Next Splatfest is Transformers-Themed  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Autobots Vs. Decepticons?

• Autobots
    • Decepticons

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IT'S BACK ON

The testfire is back on, even though it should've ended. My friends and I are rotating the controller, taking turns. Even if I lost, I still love it XD

Damn, I totally thought that my team might have won our last match, but the other team did better by a bit. It's still fun though, lol.

Originally, I wrote off Splatoon for looking really dumb and awful.

But now that I've played the Global Testfire couple times... HOLY CRAP I love this game! I love using the Splat Roller, which is shocking because I thought that I would prefer a ranged weapon. Though whenever I play, I have the itch to fill in every nook and cranny, so the Roller fills that roll easily.

Plus with the different guns I find it harder to aim, where as with the Roller, you don't have to aim at all, unless you're trying to splat the wall and climb up. And I guess now I see why kingddd might refer to it as the "noobtube" of the game XD. But it's alright. I enjoy using it! And After all this, I feel I might actually want to purchase Splatoon.

I think my teams did pretty good. I started off horribly, but towards the end, my team started winning more often. We got 83% on one of the maps :)

Woo! Glad to see new faces in the Splatoon thread!

Testfire was awesome as usual. Can't wait until Friday!

Also I've made a Splatoon chat on Skype. Message me your skype name if you want in.

Edited by stick

Even though the Testfire sucked during the first hour, I'm glad they extended it and things worked in the end. This game is just too much fun.

Given how heavily Nintendo is marketing this and how massive and positive the fans' response has been towards I'll be surprised if it ends up failing (by Wii U standards). I really hope it becomes Nintendo's mainstay shooter.

I wasn't originally going to post in this thread due to having zero interest in the game, but I couldn't help but see this:

But now that I've played the Global Testfire couple times... HOLY CRAP I love this game! I love using the Splat Roller, which is shocking because I thought that I would prefer a ranged weapon. Though whenever I play, I have the itch to fill in every nook and cranny, so the Roller fills that roll easily.

Plus with the different guns I find it harder to aim, where as with the Roller, you don't have to aim at all, unless you're trying to splat the wall and climb up. And I guess now I see why kingddd might refer to it as the "noobtube" of the game XD. But it's alright. I enjoy using it! And After all this, I feel I might actually want to purchase Splatoon.

I think my teams did pretty good. I started off horribly, but towards the end, my team started winning more often. We got 83% on one of the maps :)

If you thought the game looked stupid and all like I do, but ended up enjoying the demo anyway, maybe my opinion could change too (I still won't ever like the whole ink thing or the character designs though, due to them reminding me too much of Nickelodeon which I hate. But this resemblance could just be coincidence). If I went to a party that had the game, I'd probably end up trying it anyway just because someone else wants someone to play with or something. What made you decide to do the Testfire though, if you thought the game looked so bad? I'm curious, Carter. :P

(oh, and before anyone asks why I've even looked at this thread if I have no interest in the game, well, I think I'd offend people if I answered that question... xP)

Edited by Anacybele

NO THE GLOBAL TESTFIRE CRASHED

Damn ;/

Good thing that I didn't play it!
I'm just going to play the full game when it comes out!

Good report annnnnd...

I'm getting it on the first.

Woo! Glad to see new faces in the Splatoon thread!

Testfire was awesome as usual. Can't wait until Friday!

Also I've made a Splatoon chat on Skype. Message me your skype name if you want in.

Sure.
Need it for multiplayer.

Yeah it's doing really good right now. Better than Hyrule Warriors and around the same as Tropical Freeze. I think we may have a successful new IP here.

Can't wait to see what sales will look like.

If you thought the game looked stupid and all like I do, but ended up enjoying the demo anyway, maybe my opinion could change too (I still won't ever like the whole ink thing or the character designs though, due to them reminding me too much of Nickelodeon which I hate. But this resemblance could just be coincidence). If I went to a party that had the game, I'd probably end up trying it anyway just because someone else wants someone to play with or something. What made you decide to do the Testfire though, if you thought the game looked so bad? I'm curious, Carter. :P

I can't name anything specifically, but the whole idea in general just looked stupid to me. I'd only played shooting games like Call of Duty before, and seeing something this drastic was shocking to me. Not just that, but I didn't really like the designs of the squid boy / girl either. I couldn't grasp the idea of ink children fighting and painting to win a game. Everything was weird to me at first sight.

After a while, I kinda loosened up on the whole idea. And when I saw the Testfire, I thought I would give it a try anyways. It couldn't hurt, and I ended up liking the gameplay. Even then the designs started to grow on me. I'm a little fixated on the controls, but I think it's something that could be easily ignored, once you get into it. Besides, the Testfire was free, and a total blast! Demos are always great when trying a game. It was a way to see if I would like it or not.

Basically, even though it might look odd, I think you should give it a try. It's really fun in terms of gameplay, and that's just turf wars, with the 4 weapons they give us. There's much more than that! There aren't any more testfires, so I don't know how you could try it, but if you ever get the chance to, I recommend it!

I can't name anything specifically, but the whole idea in general just looked stupid to me. I'd only played shooting games like Call of Duty before, and seeing something this drastic was shocking to me. Not just that, but I didn't really like the designs of the squid boy / girl either. I couldn't grasp the idea of ink children fighting and painting to win a game. Everything was weird to me at first sight.

After a while, I kinda loosened up on the whole idea. And when I saw the Testfire, I thought I would give it a try anyways. It couldn't hurt, and I ended up liking the gameplay. Even then the designs started to grow on me. I'm a little fixated on the controls, but I think it's something that could be easily ignored, once you get into it. Besides, the Testfire was free, and a total blast! Demos are always great when trying a game. It was a way to see if I would like it or not.

Basically, even though it might look odd, I think you should give it a try. It's really fun in terms of gameplay, and that's just turf wars, with the 4 weapons they give us. There's much more than that! There aren't any more testfires, so I don't know how you could try it, but if you ever get the chance to, I recommend it!

I see... Yeah, a lot of people have been telling me to try it... And not that I'm blaming anyone in particular for this, but that just makes me want to do so even less. It's just that no matter how many times I say no, the same people just won't accept that I'm not interested.

I get that same feeling. It's not me wanting to not do something, it's just me wanting to resist being told to do something.

My 6th grade reading teacher always said that whenever she told students "no running", all they would do is run. That's why she said "walk", and the problem would be solved XD.

I have no power there to make you try Splatoon, and I know telling you again would be even worse. But... Splatoon could be better than it looks! (Just to keep in mind).

So if I keep telling you "Don't try Splatoon", you'll eventually try Splatoon?

Seems legit.

Let's dooo diiiiii- *shot*