how hard is awakening??

kirby9612

Well, there's Lucina's death quote, but that's not very special considering everybody has one. It doesn't change the story though.

I could be wrong here but I'm pretty sure Lord Lucina has a unique death animation that goes on way longer than everyone else. It's just the usual cliche "reach for the sky waveringly on your back before your arm goes limp" thing but I haven't seen anyone else do that (although I haven't seen THAT many deaths from what I've played so feel free to correct me).

I could be wrong here but I'm pretty sure Lord Lucina has a unique death animation that goes on way longer than everyone else. It's just the usual cliche "reach for the sky waveringly on your back before your arm goes limp" thing but I haven't seen anyone else do that (although I haven't seen THAT many deaths from what I've played so feel free to correct me).

Chrom has a unique one too, and Lucina's is shared by the Lodestars in Spotpass and the DLC maps.

Lunatic➕ classic is a death sentence but do it, with mewcomer mode. Yeah.....

You just said that.

Casual mode will always be easier than Classic mode. You can save during the mission on Casual mode, while you cannot do the same on Classic mode. Normal difficulty is nice for beginners with its tutorials and friendlier enemy reinforcements. Hard difficulty is a more balanced difficulty with just okay amount of challenge. Lunatic difficulty, as its name imply, is more hellish than hard difficulty. Grinding for lv becomes much harder due to overpowered enemies. Finally, the last difficult is Lunatic+...F&$@ THAT S;$& THAT DIFFICULTY IS INSANITY ITS NOT EVEN FUN UNLESS YOU HAVE ACCESS TO DLC TO LEVEL UP!

I wouldn't say that, honestly. Most folks play without grinding, and honestly, for your first run, I'd recommend not grinding. My breakdown of the difficulty modes:

Normal Casual: You very nearly need to be trying to fail this mode. You might die once if you neglect Chrom so much that he barely ever sees combat until you make a mistake, but... I'd call that trying, honestly.

Normal Classic: If you suck, you might lose a couple of scrubs and have trouble recruiting Donnel. Otherwise, knock your socks off.

Hard-Casual: Offers some challenge, but it's very rare that Chrom or, in particular, Avatar will die if you're using the two. There are some side objectives that'll be a bit out of your league, and if you access a paralogue too early you can certainly be punished for it.

Hard-Classic: You'll probably need to reset once or twice in a run with a decent-sized team, because someone's gonna get picked off every now and again. Here and up is not to be attempted unless you know the game to some degree.

Lunatic Casual: Earlygame will stomp on your head. It's relatively easy to cheese this mode by going Frederick Emblem for the first few maps, then using DLC to level other units, but... if you have to resort to that to play the mode, go play an easier one.

Lunatic Classic: Here we start getting nasty. Earlygame is even less forgiving than before, and you'll lose people left and right without a well-planned strategy. That said, you can slap Frederick onto a +DEF Avatar for earlygame, bring Chrom up to speed in low-pressure or terrain-heavy maps, and solo the game with an Avatar+Chrom pair with relatively little effort.

Lunatic+ Casual: You can't just >noeffort anymore; the Avatar+Chrom pair setup requires much, much more effort to be viable. Casual makes the hardest parts of the game (earlygame and engame) more forgiving, but be glad you can't attempt this mode for now.

Lunatic+ Classic: The breakfast of champions!

---

In all seriousness...

If you can say yes to at least two of the below, I'd recommend Hard-Casual for your first run. If not, Normal-Casual. You can always start again if earlygame proves rough; if you can't clear Prologue through Chapter 2 without significant effort, you may need to go down a difficulty mode.

>Do you feel confident in your logical and reasoning skills, as well as your attention to detail?

>Have you played a Fire Emblem game before with any degree of success?

>Do you want to be challenged?

Good luck, have fun, and don't overthink it! One last bit of advice: avoiding crutch mechanics will generally provide a more rewarding experience.

Normal Casual: You very nearly need to be trying to fail this mode. You might die once if you neglect Chrom so much that he barely ever sees combat until you make a mistake, but... I'd call that trying, honestly.

It could also give you trouble if you've never played an Srpg before. Normal really is "learn to play" difficulty- I've found that with a large team with sporadic supports, the game gives you a mistake tolerance of roughly 2-3 before you die- going down a lot if you try to use units you haven't been training for a long time in later chapters.

For reference, in my first playthrough of the game, I had an accidental Sully!Lucina whose mom had about one level. Lucina had gotten maybe three levels herself and an early promotion to GL, and she still managed (with an unranked support) to take two consecutive EPs on Cht.23 without dying on the first try. She barely hung on, but she did.

Honestly, the greatest threat of resetting in Normal is to not have Anna (for whatever reason- maybe you're not touching the Paralogues or something), not level Gaius, and then get him sniped in Chapters 17, 18, 20 or 21 before opening all the chests, forcing either a reset or a loss of loot (I did have this problem, leading me to immediately reclass Morgan to Thief on my second playthrough).

Edited by Czar_Yoshi