SSB4's view of Chrom

Jedi

duck hunt is basically the only one that is completely unique, and i would argue that rightfully took resource priority over a chrom moveset

every other character you mentioned is and has been far more unique than chrom would have been. shulk has the whole monado thing going for him, rosalina is for popularity, little mac plays completely differently from basically any other fighter i can think of in smash ever. duck hunt dog has the whole retro character thing going for him (as well as being a way to troll appease the fans after they removed ice climbers)

making a new moveset for chrom based on awakening would basically be putting ike's paradigms (heavyish bruiser) onto marth (smaller, more agile fighter). the character may have been slightly unique (okay, you can put lances on like two of his moves at most and even that's a stretch), but at the end of the day it's just another swordfighter. Sure, they could have done it. they also could have brought back the elaborate drawn out story mode (which, incidentally, I loved), but they didn't - they didn't think it was a good use of time/money, and i agree

Edited by CT075

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

duck hunt is basically the only one that is completely unique, and i would argue that rightfully took resource priority over a chrom moveset

every other character you mentioned is and has been far more unique than chrom would have been. shulk has the whole monado thing going for him, rosalina is for popularity, little mac plays completely differently from basically any other fighter i can think of in smash ever. duck hunt dog has the whole retro character thing going for him (as well as being a way to troll appease the fans after they removed ice climbers)

making a new moveset for chrom based on awakening would basically be putting ike's paradigms (heavyish bruiser) onto marth (smaller, more agile fighter). the character may have been slightly unique (okay, you can put lances on like two of his moves at most and even that's a stretch), but at the end of the day it's just another swordfighter. Sure, they could have done it. they also could have brought back the elaborate drawn out story mode (which, incidentally, I loved), but they didn't - they didn't think it was a good use of time/money, and i agree

I'm not gonna argue that Chrom would have been more unique or a better use of resources than the characters mentioned (I do admit that you are right about that), it's more that I don't think Chrom would have had to be just Ike with some minor differences.

Edited by Monado Boy

I agree with both of you. While Chrom wouldn't have simply been an Ike clone or something, he wouldn't stick out nearly as much as the other newcomers.

Now all we can hope for is Isaac after Mewtwo :P

I'd never suggest changing Captain Falcon's moveset. It's just that a lot of characters, including newcomers have moves that originate in this game (Shulk, Little Mac, Rosalina, Duck Hunt, etc), so it's not a stretch to think that Chrom could have been giving an unique moveset. (Some of it based on Awakening gameplay and FMV's and some of it brand new)

Thing is, DHD has moves that are based of off the NES games Hogan's Alley and Wild Gunman, as well as Duck Hunt itself.

Edited by NinjaMonkey