Is there any Sonic close to Genesis

Ishi

I honestly never understood why people (over)praise the older games. The new 3D ones have a lot going for them, including faster gameplay. Even Sonic Rush, a 2D, is waaay faster and fun.

^

Quite frankly, Sonic Rush bores me to death. You're supposedly incredibly fast, yet ever stage goes on for ages. Not to mention, the fast speed means that you can't react to enemies right n front of you, so the whole thing turns into trial and error.

If it's the Genesis games you want you might as well stick with them(and Sonic CD, and four of the Game Gear games[sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic Triple Trouble and Sonic Blast). What do you even mean by this anyway? Moving in a 2D plane or slower platforming than later installments? If it's the slower platforming(even though the Genesis had ~BLAST PROCESSING~) you want, Sonic Advance 1 is probably the closest you'll get. Or if it's 2D you want, the Sonic Advance series(guess what, Sonic had a game on the Neo Geo Pocket Color), Rush series, Sonic the Hedgehog 4(parts 1 and 2), Colors, Generations, Lost World, Sonic Boom(the 3DS one, Shattered Crystal, not the Wii U game since you can't get behind the idea of a 3D Sonic[i've only played the 3DS demo myself]).

Or you could stick with the Genesis games+Sonic CD since it's the Genesis Sonic you want. Also, I left out Sonic 3D Blast since you might hate it.

I'll agree that the Mega Drive Sonic games were the best in the series. I did however also enjoy Sonic Advance 1 and 3. I missed 2 somehow.

I did not enjoy Sonic 4 Part 1. It was okay on its own, but the game is so different from the older versions despite being numbered after them, quite frankly I thought it took the piss. The physics were dreadful and nothing like the oldschool titles, which is my one and only huge gripe with the game. I haven't played Part 2 yet, but I heard it's an improvement on Part 1, at least.

^

Quite frankly, Sonic Rush bores me to death. You're supposedly incredibly fast, yet ever stage goes on for ages. Not to mention, the fast speed means that you can't react to enemies right n front of you, so the whole thing turns into trial and error.

Doesn't mean that you're not fast, though. :awesome: And yes, it may very well be trial and error (unless, you're fast enough, yourself), but that's kind of fun. It's a challenge. The older Sonic games seem a bit slow.

Edited by Juliet