Types of characters you would like to see

Dragoncat

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A theif who would rather fight recklessly than scout the area or open chests and doors. The problem is he or she can't fight well.

A healer who always tries to hurt the enemies instead of healing his or her allies. The problem is he or she can't fight.

A general who is afraid of taking hits regardless of his high defense.

Too bad the actual gameplay would negate this.

An archer who always gets too close to shoot or is to slow to have enough time to shoot before the enemy draws near.

Fire Emblem isn't a RTS game.

An archer who is so using to melee weapons that he always attacks with the bow and not the arrows.

How the hell do you kill someone with a bow, besides shooting arrows at them? Why doesn't he attempt to stab people with the arrows? Also, how does an archer get used to melee weapons exactly, since the word "archer" implies that he's skilled at using a bow (which is a long-distance weapon)?

A character with a mental disability.

A character with a physical disability.

As long as they aren't playable. Otherwise, I foresee that character being used by no one.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

How about a Gharnef archetype who is a Bishop/Saint (if third tiers return) who start a "holy crusade" because they supposedly received a message from their god and later on find out they were doing the wrong thing and end up awakening the antagonist by mistake

A character with a mental disability.

A character with a physical disability.

As long as they aren't playable. Otherwise, I foresee that character being used by no one.

If it has good stats then people will use it.

We've also sort of seen mentally challenged people before. Gonzalez certainly doesn't have a normal mindset to put it lightly.

I had some ideas that I was rattling around in my head of a bitter young mage who had his arm cut off for resisting the Orphan Program. A system inteding to turn the country's war orphans into fighters.

Edited by Jotari

I think a game that implemented some sort of Mana system could be interesting. Like, everybody starts with a certain amount of Mana and a certain rate of regeneration per turn, and then better starting Mana/faster regeneration gets a growth rate and can be improved when levelling up. This could also work nicely out with a Gaiden-ish magic system where everybody learns spells at a certain level.

Too bad the actual gameplay would negate this.

Fire Emblem isn't a RTS game.

How the hell do you kill someone with a bow, besides shooting arrows at them? Why doesn't he attempt to stab people with the arrows? Also, how does an archer get used to melee weapons exactly, since the word "archer" implies that he's skilled at using a bow (which is a long-distance weapon)?

I didn't mean for my ideas to be included in actual gameplay, it's just their personality.

The archer vowed to honor his dead sibling by using bows instead of swords.

A socially awkward character who lacks social skills, different from the shy female, like Olivia and Florina. Maybe a male? This character isn't shy, but just doesn't know how to hold a conversation. He has a sibling in the army who he communicates well with. I could relate to a character like this.

Someone who fooled a village or country by pretending to be their deity.

A black or tanned character with hair colors other than black and blonde, that looks good with it.

A socially awkward character who lacks social skills, different from the shy female, like Olivia and Florina. Maybe a male? This character isn't shy, but just doesn't know how to hold a conversation. He has a sibling in the army who he communicates well with. I could relate to a character like this.

Pink haired lady from FE8. Her supports with Gerik are a chuckle, indeed.

An asocial and/or selfish lord would be a nice change of pace

Heck, I think FE needs more playable people like that in general

Soren and Shinon say hi, I'm sure there are others...but then again they're not lords.

But if the Lord is not very likable why would anyone join him?

Well there are plenty of recruitment in the series that aren't done by the main lord. Plus, even if the lord is abrasive, he could use logic to convince units to join his side, not because he cares about them, but because he could use their help and they're possibly willing

Well there are plenty of recruitment in the series that aren't done by the main lord. Plus, even if the lord is abrasive, he could use logic to convince units to join his side, not because he cares about them, but because he could use their help and they're possibly willing

Still sounds like a very bad idea as the lord is going to be the main character and a bad main character can ruin an entire game easily.