What game difficulty and mode did you like the most?

Noah25648

Lunatic Casual

In Lunatic+ I ended up with a +Def/-Skl Avatar that I was never really happy but in Lunatic I could get any avatar I really wanted and still get through the first few chapters. I did miss the annoying Lunatic+ skills after a while though. Casual because I like to fight street pass teams with my team being AI controlled as well so its more fair.

I never played the game on Normal but from what I've seen of it. I bet you could solo it with Chrom if you give him the right skills. Without pair up. I suppose that's how Chrom fights for his friends. His enemies will get no sympathy from him. I'm sorry. I couldn't resist quoting Ike.

I soloed Hard with Chrom and it was pretty easy. I did use required deployment characters though. If you're not letting the earlygame crew help in their required chapters you'd probably have to do Normal though. Base Chrom would have a difficult time without Frederick support and Lissa healing. I did play some DLC maps, but it was lategame and Chrom was starting to max stats so I don't think it made a huge difference, besides Agg making Grima go down faster. It's at least possible up to Grima.

I like L+/Classic even though it's way too hard for me. Hard is a breeze ever since I got through Lunatic, and I'll just end up falling to the temptation of completely breaking Lunatic unless I put restrictions on myself. Lunatic challenge runs are way too hard for me, if my attempts at playlogs are anything to go by. The only thing that curbstompsL+ is skill, which I am sorely lacking. At the same time it's not so difficult that I can't work my way through with persistence. The same things that make me tear my hair out are what keep me interested.

Edited by isetrh

I never played the game on Normal but from what I've seen of it. I bet you could solo it with Chrom if you give him the right skills. Without pair up. I suppose that's how Chrom fights for his friends. His enemies will get no sympathy from him. I'm sorry. I couldn't resist quoting Ike.

It's fairly easy to do that on Hard and could theoretically be done on Lunatic if you allow units who are force-deployed to be used and can figure out ways to get past Cht.6 (protect map with multiple chokes to be held- Panne and Lucina would need lots of RNG to survive and Chrom can only cover for one of them falling unless all the Thieves die, even then he needs good RNG and high Res to survive himself due to all the Mages) and Endgame (needs an ORKO on a very tough boss- 91 Atk over two hits with two Aethers and no Pavises/misses would be required, but Chrom can't hit 50 Spd even with Barracks and there aren't any Braves that can get him to 91 Atk, so AI manipulation would be required).

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

On another note what do you guys think of casual but with no sacrifice tactic? I remember even when I played normal casual on my first run I still restarted the game if I "lost" a unit I don't know if it was out of habit or just what I was used too. Either way I still prefer classic.

On another note what do you guys think of casual but with no sacrifice tactic? I remember even when I played normal casual on my first run I still restarted the game if I "lost" a unit I don't know if it was out of habit or just what I was used too. Either way I still prefer classic.

2 extra savefiles = good deal. I use it for creating backups of nice things (one for Cervantes and his Mustache, complete with favorable RNG, and one for support grinding).

Well, its not like you're exploiting your casual status in the main missions so I think its perfectly fine, and you're less likely to ruin a save file.

As an added bonus, you can actually try out suicidal strategies and mess around more if you want, rather than always having to worry about losing a unit. There's just more flexibility.

Casual Normal because I'm the type who likes to 100% the Support Logs and such.Though,if you pushed me,I would do Classic Hard.Or Classic Lunatic.Your choice.

Plus,I seemed to be cursed,so I'd lose more then half my units on Classic on any mode you force put me into.

Normal/Casual because I'm getting supports and that's about all I like to do now it's my anti-stress right now. I did the other modes, and I hate how the difficulties are made in Fire Emblem. Absolutely hate them. They just sky rocket enemy attack rather than make them behave in ways that make you scratch your head and think.

I did the other modes, and I hate how the difficulties are made in Fire Emblem. Absolutely hate them.

Try playing Sonic 1 for the first time and finally getting Marble Zone act 3 on your 15th try.The difficulty spike in some video games,though.

I like Hard/Casual. I'm better than Normal/Classic but not good enough for Hard/Classic. Also, Casual is cool because battle saves and your units don't die in Xenologues.

Came here expecting a poll. Lunatic+ Classic, for reasons already stated by others.

And also because you're a boss.

Edited by Cerberus87

Try playing Sonic 1 for the first time and finally getting Marble Zone act 3 on your 15th try.The difficulty spike in some video games,though.

I believe he's referring to how the higher difficulties consist of more mooks with raised stats and more skills with no accompanying AI boost (which isn't strictly a bad thing, though better AI could be nice) rather than the really strange difficulty curve.