Give me a really hard Apo challenge

Chiki

Do a run of S.Apo that has absolutely no RNG (as in, you could do the whole thing without looking at either screen simply by inputting the same sequence of inputs- so some randomness would be allowed as long as you could account for it without being aware of the outcome).

Alternately (and I've done this so I know it's possible), do a run of N.Apo using only a completely untouched base level Chrom, with no battle saves. Barracks are allowed, and so is doing whatever you want with the Convoy.

Or, just for kicks, do a run in which the only weapons you can use are Hammers.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Do a run of S.Apo that has absolutely no RNG (as in, you could do the whole thing without looking at either screen simply by inputting the same sequence of inputs- so some randomness would be allowed as long as you could account for it without being aware of the outcome).

Alternately (and I've done this so I know it's possible), do a run of N.Apo using only a completely untouched base level Chrom, with no battle saves. Barracks are allowed, and so is doing whatever you want with the Convoy.

Or, just for kicks, do a run in which the only weapons you can use are Hammers.

A completely reliable Apo run? I think someone on GFAQs called Vascela did that. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/69513566

Perhaps a starting class, no Limit Breaker run?

So Second Seals/DLC would be allowed as long as you go back to your starting class?

A completely reliable Apo run? I think someone on GFAQs called Vascela did that. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/69513566

That's a run with a 0% chance of death, which is very easy to do (he just made a relatively foolproof setup for it that doesn't require much turn-by-turn maintenance- aka something easy for newbies to do). I'm looking for something where every move can be replicated and planned out in advance to the point where you could, say, enter with the perfect amount of uses on your weapons to have them all be broken upon finishing the last enemy, without regard to how complex actually executing it would be.

...Define "base level". Are you telling me a Chrom that hasn't taken part in any battles ever? Surely you're not, because that's flat-out impossible to do, you wouldn't have enough attack power to do even a single bit of damage to the generals in wave ONE.

...Define "base level". Are you telling me a Chrom that hasn't taken part in any battles ever? Surely you're not, because that's flat-out impossible to do, you wouldn't have enough attack power to do even a single bit of damage to the generals in wave ONE.

Oh, that's exactly what I mean. Figuring out how to get rid of the Generals is half the fun, once they're gone you can smack the Clerics for exp all day long (on Normal/Hard, of course).

The Classic Impossible:

6-turn Secret Apotheosis using units only in base classes (ie. Lord, Tactician, Mage, Cavalier, etc.). Non-Apotheosis DLC is banned outside of grinding for stats and skills. Pair-Ups, Manakete, Taguel, Dancer, Lodestar and Conqueror classes are banned (ie. cannot use Nah as a Manakete or Yarne as a Taguel). Can take it up a notch by banning Rallies, Tonics, forged weaponry, Logbook units and Rescue staves.

Edited by Roflolxp54

The Classic Impossible:

6-turn Secret Apotheosis using units only in base classes (ie. Lord, Tactician, Mage, Cavalier, etc.). Non-Apotheosis DLC is banned outside of grinding for stats and skills. Pair-Ups, Manakete class and Taguel class are banned (ie. cannot use Nah as a Manakete or Yarne as a Taguel). Can take it up a notch by banning Rallies, forged weaponry, Logbook units and Rescue staves.

Why ban taguel and manakete?

Why ban taguel and manakete?

Taguel and Manakete, despite having no weapons that automatically allow them to double, have stat caps that are comparable to that of advanced classes.

Edited the post to also ban Conqueror, Lodestar and Dancer classes.

Edited by Roflolxp54

No damage run.

You gotta be joking! Actually, it is possible. Weaken them with Mire and finish them off without taking a hit.

Edit: Longbows/Double Bows could work too. A team of snipers, maybe?

Edited by Rxmonste

You gotta be joking! Actually, it is possible. Weaken them with Mire and finish them off without taking a hit.

Edit: Longbows/Double Bows could work too. A team of snipers, maybe?

Longbows/Dodgetanks for Anna and Counter Snipers and everything else can be killed with perfect reliability before it gets a chance to attack with a 100% DS pair. The teambuilding requirements for this go way down if you're willing to allow a little RNG, but it's doable with a perfect success rate.

Ideally you would have no pair up. Theoretically, you hit auto battle and the game happens the exact same way every time if you can manipulate 100% hit and 100% Vengeance (or no active proc) across the board.

Granted, it shouldn't matter if deaths happen if they can happen in the exact same spot consistently. Or you could gamble on failure and use non-Vengeance procs, 90+% dual strikes, etc, but I think that's extremely less interesting. Of course, you're the one doing it so you should go ham on however you want to do it.

• 2 months later...

Donnel only run

Pair chrom up with him unarmed and try to solo the map. no dlc allowed but forge and second seals are fine

counter only run, the only way you can deal damage is thru the counter skill.

successfully do EITHER of these and consider yourself the master