Persona Q Shadows of the Labyrinth Thread

EricaofRenais

I did not see a thread for this game, so I thought I would make one. Persona Q came out on November 25th and I have been having fun with it, though I have not had a lot of time to play it for long. This is my first Persona game because I only have money for two systems a gen and since I love Zelda and FE Nintendo gets my money. I am really liking this game and look forward to playing it more as I have time. Any thoughts and opinions of this game are welcome. So far I am on the 3rd floor of the first dungeon and need to level up my party before continuing, so I know I need to grind, but I love SMT IV and I did a lot of grinding in that as well so I'm used to it.

Thoughts...?

Here's mine: "Why are you playing this game before Persona 3 and Persona 4?"

This game is supposed to be, like, fanservice to the people who already played either/both of the original Persona games...

Heck, I'm putting off this game 'til I finish Persona 3. (And there'll be sales by then, knowing Atlus, so that's a plus, too. xD)

If it's the gameplay you enjoy, I suggest playing Etrian Odyssey.

If you have a PS2/PS Vita, you can play P4. If you have... an Android smartphone, jailbroken iPhone (or iSomething), or a computer, you can emulate P3.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

I only have Nintendo consoles and I share my computer so emulation is out of the question and my phone is cheap and does not play games very well. As to why I'm playing it, that is because I liked the way the game looked and I have every SMT game to come out on a Nintendo console that I can get my hands on and I figured I needed to play a Persona game before SMTXFE comes out if it does. I was trying to encourage conversation about this game and did not expect to just get one person saying I should not be playing this game. I guess I should not bother posting topics about games and just reply to the people that decide to talk about the games I play. Sorry for wasting your time.

Yeeeaaah, you really have to play P3 and P4 before this. I'm with Fruity on this.

I actually had the special edition preordered but had to cancel due to money problems. Luckily a friend of mine doesn't need the tarot cards and is sending them to me tho. :D

Edited by TheYukianesa

I agree with Fruity as well.

I'm currently in the final Stratum, on Floor 6. Already 62 hours playtime, Level 65 right now.

What is the team you guys are using?

My team: Front: Yu, Yosuke, Makoto

Back: Yukiko and Naoto

Front: Chie, P4MC

Back: Mitsuru, Naoto, P3MC

P3MC is more of a backliner for me imo. His magic is pretty high plus he makes a good support role too because of his high agility.

Instakills are amazing. With impure reach + toxic slice (or poison circle) + instakills, you can pretty much cheese your way through a lot of the game. I just bruteforce my way through all the FOEs I run into with poison and physicals (Guillotine + red rider's death scythe <3) because fodder personas for sacrifice fusion are great.

Oh hey this exists

I'm sitting pretty in the third dungeon which scares me to death

My team is P3MC/Mitsuru/Chie

Yukari/Naoto

I personally like this team for me

Enough Magic and physical to live

Also the boss of dungeon two had a great voice

The DLC for this game is 4 Personas that great, as well as some Navigator voices. Two of the DLC personas are free, the other 2 are paid, though they are worth it (Calamity Seed is amazing). The Navigator voices Nanako, Marie, Margaret, Theodore, and Elizabeth. Each voices costs $2.

72 Hours on my time right now, fighting the Final Boss, at Level 73. Going right into playing through the game on the P3 side after this.

Edited by YoungXehanort

Really enjoying this game. I might replay it again straight after on Risky, since Hard mode isn't really that challenging right now. Then again, I might be overleveled. Team right now is:

Aigis/Akihiko/Junpei

Yukari/P3 MC

I'm biased towards Persona 3, leave me alone ]:

Also the boss of dungeon two had a great voice

I just fought the boss now, and yes, the boss has a fantastic voice

Edited by DodgeDusk