If you could change one thing...

Sentacotus

How many more recruitable enemies do you want? We already have Tharja, Severa, Cynthia, Yarne*, Aversa, Walhart, Gangrel and Yen'fay as it is.

* - If you choose not to aid the Stonewall Knights, otherwise he's an NPC.

Severa is not a recruitable enemy. You need to guide her to someone

And I meant units that are recruited as enemies, and I would also have them not all be talked to by Chrom

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many more recruitable enemies do you want? We already have Tharja, Severa, Cynthia, Yarne*, Aversa, Walhart, Gangrel and Yen'fay as it is.

* - If you choose not to aid the Stonewall Knights, otherwise he's an NPC.

Aversa, Yen 'fay and Severa were not enemies. They were neutral.

A longer story.

The game is not perfect but length was never an issue with it. It will take you 50 hours to beat it if you do some of the supports and paralogues. It really depends on how long you want your game to be. FE: A is not the longest JRPG ever but it's not short at least in my opinion. The game's length also depends on the pace you're taking as well. If you abuse Galeforce you can finish most levels in a single turn.

Edited by Rxmonste

I second this. However, I would say remove the S Support and just have them get a special paired ending when you get to the epilogue. I don't think that's going to make sense gameplay wise though.

If you still went up to S, but instead of a unique support got a new ending, it could work. But you can't just use As to determine the ending, that only worked in past FEs because the support limit prevented you from getting multiple As.

The game is not perfect but length was never an issue with it.

Actually, I'd say it is. The story tries to do too much to properly flesh everything out in just 27 chapters, and while it could certainly do more with what it has it has it could do quite a bit more with, say, 75.

From a story perspective only, of course. I don't think the gameplay engine would hold up over 75 chapters without the integration of DLC skills in the mainame and a different exp formula.

Aversa, Yen 'fay and Severa were not enemies. They were neutral.

Aversa is the boss of Chapters 22 and 25, and Yen'fay is the boss of Chapter 18. Now, while they aren't recruited in those chapters, they are still recruitable enemies.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Actually, I'd say it is. The story tries to do too much to properly flesh everything out in just 27 chapters, and while it could certainly do more with what it has it has it could do quite a bit more with, say, 75.

Then the main story alone would be longer than RD, which is already as long as a typical JRPG

Let's make that at least 50, so it's enough time to flesh out story and choose your waifu

Edited by Mastergabe2000

If you still went up to S, but instead of a unique support got a new ending, it could work. But you can't just use As to determine the ending, that only worked in past FEs because the support limit prevented you from getting multiple As.

Ideally, that could work but I still think it'd be a bit awkward if you just S supported someone and still call it a "support conversation" without a support conversation.

From a story perspective only, of course. I don't think the gameplay engine would hold up over 75 chapters without the integration of DLC skills in the mainame and a different exp formula.

Raise the level cap maybe? 30 for all units maybe 35?

Aversa is the boss of Chapters 22 and 25, and Yen'fay is the boss of Chapter 18. Now, while they aren't recruited in those chapters, they are still recruitable enemies.

Ah, yes. You mean former enemies. But you mentioned Severa and she was never an enemy.

You do have a point when you say that the story needs more room to breathe, but I dunno about 75. Sounds a bit much.

Raise the level cap maybe? 30 for all units maybe 35?

Wouldn't change anything except the frequency with which Seals must be used- you'd need to change the exp formula to favor large teams over small ones (greatly increase both enemy exp growth and player exp decay).

I generally love this game, but if I could change one thing, it would probably be half of Inigo's supports. I don't like it when a character's good side is largely just implied. I hate how they focus on what is largely implied to be nothing but a facade and rarely let his real self shine through. It's just endless "Uwaaah! He's the enemy of all women!" over and over again.