Anyone here ever tried psychedelic mushrooms?

Black Dynamite

Figured this would be the most appropriate place for this topic, although the topic has the potential to be very serious and insightful. Has anybody ever tried psychedelic mushrooms? There are many different strains, mushrooms containing psylocybin such as the Psylocybe Cubensis being the most common. Those are, unfortunately, illegal however. Amanita Muscaria (Mario mushrooms) are another type, those being legal. Although those are not psylocybin based but muscimol based.

The most interesting thing about Psylocybin specifically is its perceived medicinal value. They use it sometimes with patients with terminal illness to help them find meaning in life and cope with death. I find it unfortunate that here in the United States these mushrooms are scheduled as more dangerous than a drug like cocaine or methamphetamine, when in reality they are probably no more harmful than drinking beer yet have far more upside than alcohol. Truly preposterous.

Edited by Black Dynamite

...I don't even

To answer the topic, I never did personally but i'm not one for alcohol/drug/smoking/whatever

I love how every mushroom or drug with a significant medicinal value is illegal almost everywhere

Maybe General would be better.

Yes, I have, I'm not exactly too sure what I had, it wasn't very potent at all, good thing I didn't spend money on it. I would try it again in a more secluded space like my house or something, I'm very interested in the more personal aspects of it and the effects I receive afterwards.

On a related note, I'll be doing acid in within a few weeks at a friends house, again, I haven't had anything potent yet so hopefully I will gain a little more insight into psychedelics this time as it looks promising.

Edited by Alb

Figured this would be the most appropriate place for this topic, although the topic has the potential to be very serious and insightful. Has anybody ever tried psychedelic mushrooms? There are many different strains, mushrooms containing psylocybin such as the Psylocybe Cubensis being the most common. Those are, unfortunately, illegal however. Amanita Muscaria (Mario mushrooms) are another type, those being legal. Although those are not psylocybin based but muscimol based.

The most interesting thing about Psylocybin specifically is its perceived medicinal value. They use it sometimes with patients with terminal illness to help them find meaning in life and cope with death. I find it unfortunate that here in the United States these mushrooms are scheduled as more dangerous than a drug like cocaine or methamphetamine, when in reality they are probably no more harmful than drinking beer yet have far more upside than alcohol. Truly preposterous.

i disagree with that sentiment.

also though i have not personally tried them, one of my old teammates did and was really disappointed with them.

i haven't but i've always been interested in psychedelics. it sounds like a really unique experience

I feel this way. It's interesting to read about experiences and whatnot, but I don't see myself ever personally trying them

i haven't but i've always been interested in psychedelics. it sounds like a really unique experience

It really is unique and pretty damn incredible. However, when dealing with mind alternating drugs like this, one has to be very very careful about their surroundings. Hallucinogens will make you perceive things differently than you normally would. So if theres a negative element that you tend to ignore (but is always present) in your space, and you do the drug, it has a tendency to surface with your mind all wandering around like that. It may manifest into something really horrifying, or amplify anxiety to an extreme. The Bad Trip, so to speak.

So when i did mushrooms (about 15 years ago, was the last time), my boyfriend at the time and i, prepared ourselves accordingly. The trip was intense and lasted for a long time, but was extremely pleasant and colorful. However, i warn against trying to play Ocarina of Time while on shrooms...hue~

I have no qualms with the very occasional recreational drug use, as long as its done very responsibly.

Posted · Hidden by eclipse, December 11, 2014 - I have no idea what the AdSense guidelines are, but better safe than sorry
Hidden by eclipse, December 11, 2014 - I have no idea what the AdSense guidelines are, but better safe than sorry

No but I've been interested in hearing the experiences. Probably wouldn't try them myself though.

erowid.org