What video games work for helping you get fit?

EricaofRenais

So I gained some weight over the past month and am starting my Wii Fit again because it helped before, but I'm wondering if there are other games that work better or if the one for Wii U is better. I would like to know if you guys have any recommendations?

I found Wii Boxing to be the most physically exhaustive game in Wii Sports, and there's a Punch Out game on the Wii that uses similar controls (plus you can use the balance board to dodge if you have one). I haven't played it, but I heard it's almost just as hard as the NES game, so if it has the fast-paced action and need to react like the NES game plus the controls of Wii Boxing, then you should be in for one intensive workout (if you don't rage first.) I was considering getting the game and a balance board since it's hard for me to find excercise late into the Winter.

Do a really hard game, one that is easy to die or make mistakes.

Maybe Dark Souls.

Every time you make a mistake/die do push-ups or a number of jumping jacks.

You do triple the amount for every restart.

Honestly, I'd say buying a exercise bike (if it fits your room) and using it while you play whichever video game you want would be way more effective AND enjoyable.

Or a treadmill.I'm going to try doing that one day.

Maybe Just Dance for a couple hours is good?I wouldn't know,because the last time I played the Wii version,I was too lazy to get up.You only need to do the hand motions,basically.