Supporting words to get Elieson's son to join SF

Elieson

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol at this point, I think Elieson's kid might be having second thoughts about this.

Although since the great General Ciraxis has an account here, that's more than enough reason to join.

Edited by General Ciraxis

lol at this point, I think Elieson's kid might be having second thoughts about this.

Although since the great General Ciraxis has an account here, that's more than enough reason to join.

General Ciraxis is pretty great, after all.

My suggestion would be to not encourage him to join SF. I know I wouldn't if I had kids, and that's coming from the forum admin, lol! Use the site as a resource if you like FE, but don't get involved with the FE community on any site.

Sometimes I feel like our active community is largely made up of people with some kind of social or personal problem. Thankfully we seem to heal one another over time instead of letting eachother believe it is acceptable. As a community we're certainly effective at that.

I don't say that purely as an observer either, this forum has truly made me a better person in more ways than I can count. I was put in charge of these loons before I'd even really matured myself, and I've had to deal with sensitive social subjects and situations that I can freely say I was totally ignorant about at the time. I've been insensitive in the past because it's not easy to fully grasp that the things you say and do on a forum like this matter to the people on the other side when you can't see them. I've offended and hurt people unnecessarily solely because I couldn't understand them and made light of it, or out of ignorance made the wrong call. I don't mean inane things either, I'm talking about subjects like gender identity, different types of depression, you name it. I was totally unprepared to have to handle things like that - let alone on a niche videogame forum - and I messed up on more than one occasion. I do my best to make things right with those people when the opportunity presents itself now that I've grown up a little, but it's not always that easy.

I hope the point behind my little rant is clear. I realize the situation is different, but he's going to be presented with subjects and issues that he will surely be experiencing/a part of for the first time in an environment where those things are typically not appropriately discussed or well understood. This would not be my choice of forum to introduce my children to for the first time...it's more intermediary, lol!

edit: i edited this like 500 times. also i may or may not have made a way-too-serious post in this thread, you can ignore me if so! lol

Heyyy he's definitely younger than me :3

That perfect, tender, shota age <3

Seriously? Lets hope you're just really bad at being funny.

Edited by Tangerine

In other news, we're on the internet.

I was gonna point this out, haha.

Still, Tangerine is right that if he joins this forum, or any online community for that matter, he's going to be faced with things both fun and not-so-fun. Sites such as these are a combination of weirdos and the well-adjusted. That's just how it is. Hypothetically, I wouldn't encourage my kids to join any forum. Not because they're bad or anything, but because I'd rather educate them on how to use the internet, behave on the internet, and how to deal with differing online experiences, then let them join whatever community they choose. It would definitely be a lot of work, but I feel that's the safest way to handle this.

I think the bottom-line is that you, Elieson, should be aware of this and consider the consequences of introducing your kid to a forum.

Edited by Esme

I was gonna point this out, haha.

Still, Tangerine is right that if he joins this forum, or any online community for that matter, he's going to be faced with things both fun and not-so-fun. Sites such as these are a combination of weirdos and the well-adjusted. That's just how it is. Hypothetically, I wouldn't encourage my kids to join any forum. Not because they're bad or anything, but because I'd rather educate them on how to use the internet, behave on the internet, and how to deal with differing online experiences, then let them join whatever community they choose. It would definitely be a lot of work, but I feel that's the safest way to handle this.

I think the bottom-line is that you, Elieson, should be aware of this and consider the consequences of introducing your kid to a forum.

We should also consider the consequences of pissing off Elieson if we make his son feel bad

We should also consider the consequences of pissing off Elieson if we make his son feel bad

Oh, yeah, that's right. I forgot his kid might see these posts.

In other news, we're on the internet.

I disagree lol. Everyone has their problems, but not every forum is full of people who wear them on their sleeve. You certainly don't see the same types of people and discussions in this number on many other forums with similar purposes.

I disagree lol. Everyone has their problems, but not every forum is full of people who wear them on their sleeve. You certainly don't see the same types of people and discussions in this number on many other forums with similar purposes.

This is very true. I think its because of the demographic (weebs) and age group (teens) that this community attracts. This forum is the only one i post on that has people with...these kinds of issues. Nevermind the sheer amount of maladjusted males on this forum, holy crap.

You're pretty normal, you'll be OK.

*eyes emoji*

beep boop beep string incomprehensible

prompt repeat input

Yeah thats kinda how people see ya, mate.

beep boop beep string incomprehensible

prompt repeat input

Requesting access to dondon's private folders.

Input password: cogsoffateLTC

Edited by Esme