How do I add classes in Nightmare by getting to 0x63+ in Class Editor?

Lance-a-lot

So I'm adding classes and sadly Nightmare won't display beyond 0x62 in class editor.

I want to add 15 custom classes from other games, like the necromancer, but when I goto class editor it only reaches 0x62.

I went to the .txt file for the class editor and added the custom 15 classes of mine to the end of the file but the dropdown remains at a max of 0x62.

Does anyone know how to edit it so that my other 15 classes can be a part of the class editor?

Edited by Lance-a-lot

Hmmm thanks I think that's do able I appreciate the help very much. Sooo is my rom most likely garbaged if I have tried changing the .txt file to go past 0x62? I read that anything beyond 0x62 is other data packed close to the class array and anything beyond will erase data.

Hmmm I can't tell, it wouldnt let me get past 0x62 in class editor but in the class list .txt I changed it to goto 0xff and I assigned 0xff to Eliwood as his class in character editor as I was testing things out.

My rom loads up still so Ill just say it's fine!

Thanks friend. I've been working on self solving this for 5 hours and you have saved me alot of trial and error and frustration!

So my question boils down to what am I repointing?

And where can I find it?

None of these tutorials explain anything about class arrays and so they dont explain where to find them.

But besides that I think I get it

Edited by Lance-a-lot

Well dagum, that's beautiful! Happy holidays indeed friend. I'll give it a thorough read and see if any questions arise. I just made a new topic about class arrays in particular I'll edit it to be more specific seeing as how this answers many questions brought up there.