Recommend me good horror movies

Junkhead

Alien is the only one that immediately comes to my mind.

Yeah, Alien is a classic. Aliens is a good action flick, but that's where I'd stop in terms of the series. The other two aren't worth it.

Yeah, Alien is a classic. Aliens is a good action flick, but that's where I'd stop in terms of the series. The other two aren't worth it.

Seconding. Alien and Aliens are both a must.

Otherwise, there's also...

An American Werewolf in London

John Carpenter's The Thing (absolute must watch!)

David Cronenberg's The Fly (also a must watch!)

Halloween (only the first one, but WATCH IT RIGHT NOW OH MY GOD)

Re-Animator

Shadow of the Vampire (really great)

Nosferatu the Vampyre (in German, if that's any concern for you)

Mr. Vampire (more comedy than horror, but still a great watch for fans of horror; also, in Chinese)

I've also heard the Evil Dead trilogy and The Return of the Living Dead are both really good, but I haven't watched them myself so I can't confirm. Did you even like zombies? iirc you didn't anyway.

If you'd like some classic horror stuff that's not really scary any more (and never really was), the Universal horror movies are an interesting watch. Specifically, I'd recommend Dracula, The Mummy, Frankenstein, The Invisible Man (I'd actually highly recommend this one, it's a legit great movie), Phantom of the Opera and Creature from the Black Lagoon. Going for something even older, there's Nosferatu, a film based on Dracula but with elements and names changed to avoid copyright (they couldn't though, in the end). It's also a very interesting film, and recommended as a prelude to Shadow of the Vampire and Nosferatu the Vampyre, a fictionalised account of the making of the film and a remake of the film, respectively.

Hmm, what else is there...I guess some of Hammer's films are okay. At least watch Dracula if you're into classics like that. Oh and, House on Haunted Hill is another good classic. It has Vincent Price so there's that going for it, if nothing else.

Edited by Nightmare

I haven't much I can think of that Nightmare hasn't mentioned.

Uh, if you're into freaky stuff, try The Ring.

If you don't mind silent movies, try finding a Peter Lorre film called M. It's pretty good.

Stanley Kubrick's The Shining, Hitchcock's Psycho, and if you're into schlock, try Basket Case.

Okay, let me see...

.Evil Dead trilogy: the classic! Taste my boomstick!

.Human Centipede 1&2: scary, totally scary, make you feel sick.

.Braindead: now this is the gore fest, a ton of gore and blood and dark humor.

.Nightmare of Elm Street series: some are funny, some are scary, the classic.

.13th Friday series: I laughed watching these movies, dont know why.

.Scream (the first one only): the classic, no need to say more.

.Sleepy Hollow: a classic, good movie about a ghost rider (no, not the lame ass comic one)

.Gothika: a famous movie, has some good sexy scenes, it's more about psychologic than usual jump-scare.

.Thirteen Ghosts: a generic horror movie with evil ghost and all, kinda good but honestly, it's not very scary.

.The Frighteners: a really good movie, not very scary but it's totally legit.

Old Horrors movies are kind of bad. ): I mean, nevermind the fact that I seemed to have mixed in "Horror" with "scary". And no, I don't mean scary for ME. Just...scary. You know. Have you ever watched REC? THAT's a Horror movie. It's amazing...and amazing short, as well. The first two movies are gr9. But yeah, that's Horror.

Do you guys know any actual SCARY movies? (although I'm not ungrateful, I'll check out your suggestions (: )

Thank you.

Old Horrors movies are kind of bad. ): I mean, nevermind the fact that I seemed to have mixed in "Horror" with "scary". And no, I don't mean scary for ME. Just...scary. You know. Have you ever watched REC? THAT's a Horror movie. It's amazing...and amazing short, as well. The first two movies are gr9. But yeah, that's Horror.

Do you guys know any actual SCARY movies? (although I'm not ungrateful, I'll check out your suggestions (: )

Thank you.

Don't dismiss them just because they're "old". The Universal classics and similar things I mentioned fit into what you say, but if you don't watch things like Alien, The Thing, The Fly and Halloween, you're really missing out on some actually terrifying stuff.