QOTD 3 ★ Q600: What is your favorite Sanrio character? [With bonus question! Important announcement in the question post on page 370!]

Specta

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't edit pictures to save my life. ;/

First off, a video that I think is funny (and appropriate for Valentine's Day):

Once, some time back, a. . .fad, if you will, swept this forum. Here's a sample of who was a part of it:

First

Second

Third

Fourth

Fifth

Sixth

Seventh

Eighth

Ninth

Tenth

Eleventh

Twelfth

Thirteenth

Fourteenth

If I forgot you, I'M SORRY! I listed the really active mafia players around that time period, so if you weren't part of the community at the time . . .

This is the story behind it. For some members, it was their only name change. For others, it was one of many. Regardless, you are the original Kitty, and that's something special.

Get well soon~!

P.S. Freohr you rock!

Read it.

Is the moral of the story that we are what we are?

There's a little more to it too. The cat was only eating one mouse when he hadn't repented, but he was eating them five at a time when he became a Muslim. Stuff like religious hypocrisy and etc. is criticised a lot in this particular author's works.

It's also worth noting that the translator changed the religion to Christianity (the cat goes to a mosque to repent in the original) and quoted passages from the Bible rather than the Quran, for some reason. Probably localising it, but the message is pretty universal so it shouldn't matter much what the religion is.

There's a little more to it too. The cat was only eating one mouse when he hadn't repented, but he was eating them five at a time when he became a Muslim. Stuff like religious hypocrisy and etc. is criticised a lot in this particular author's works.

It's also worth noting that the translator changed the religion to Christianity (the cat goes to a mosque to repent in the original) and quoted passages from the Bible rather than the Quran, for some reason. Probably localising it, but the message is pretty universal so it shouldn't matter much what the religion is.

Ah, I see.

It's not a very well done story, is it?

Edit: Read it again. It's pretty good; he does take things out of context to justify his own actions.

Edited by Makaze

If I forgot you, I'M SORRY! I listed the really active mafia players around that time period, so if you weren't part of the community at the time . . .

Nothing to forgive, but I was actually part of that fad at one point. I don't remember why, but I think I was talking to QueenElincia, who's name I think was QueenElinciaKitty or QueenKittelincia or something, and I was like "it's too late to be a kitty" and she was like "it's never too late" and I was like "ook" and then changed my name to Blue Martian Kitty (from Blue Mars).

Ah, I see.

It's not a very well done story, is it?

Edit: Read it again. It's pretty good; he does take things out of context to justify his own actions.

There's probably a lot of stuff lost in translation here, but yeah, it's pretty good.

you guys are the best 5eva and I loved everything

and I am on the upswing now and I blame it 90% on that qotd <3

Q467: Got any Valentine's Day plans?

mods please suspend anyone who complains about how v-day is mean and evil to single people and should be abolished

I got a bunch of people to send cards I made to 8D so fun

mandatory community service in a slummy neighborhood where I don't speak the language. Said place smells like crap and has a high crime rate.

oh and I get to start binge watching Arrow season 2 tonight, and whatnot.

Edited by Howard the Duck