Pokemon nicknames

Dwarfishh

I have waaay too many to list, considering I nickname them all as a sign of affection and being close to them, but if I had to pick one to mention...It would be my Togekiss. I always have a male one called Felix.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I nicknamed the shiny Lickitung I happened to catch in X, which is now a Lickilicky. I named it Banana because it's a girl and it's yellow. lol

I used to have a female primeape named Banana.

Now I use the name Racket xD

• 3 weeks later...

Welp, my first shiny in X I named Nuggetnose, because it's a Nosepass Probopass now and I am literally thinking of breeding a shiny Piplup and name it Dedede.

Edited by TheCanadianKeyblade

I tend to name my Pokémon for a specific game along a certain theme, typically based off of other video game characters or anime. For my current ORAS playthrough, it's all Awakening names. I was irrationally upset when I found out I couldn't name my event Beldum "Stahl" (since it's German for Steel).

I tend to name my Pokémon for a specific game along a certain theme, typically based off of other video game characters or anime. For my current ORAS playthrough, it's all Awakening names. I was irrationally upset when I found out I couldn't name my event Beldum "Stahl" (since it's German for Steel).

Hey, I kinda did the same thing with AlphaSapphire, though, not all my nicknames were FE-based

I tend to use references in my nicknaming...usually to mythology, books, anime/manga, games, shows, movies, etc.

But there are some random names that I keep repeating because I got attached to using them for said Pokémon.

Examples:

Constantine the Arcanine

Celery the Meganium

Tropicana the Tropius

I tend to use references in my nicknaming...usually to mythology, books, anime/manga, games, shows, movies, etc.

But there are some random names that I keep repeating because I got attached to using them for said Pokémon.

Examples:

Constantine the Arcanine

Celery the Meganium

Tropicana the Tropius

That's happened to me lately, especially when I was playing AS

Examples:

Faintear the Latias

Lucina the Gardevoir

Toothless the Salamence

Seliph the Gallade

Just take a wild guess...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I once named my Infernape Goku. Both a reference to Dragon Ball Z and Son Goku, which Infernape is based upon. I also enjoy my Lucario, Anubis and my Mewtwo, Genus. I also have a glitched Mew in Red named Genesis, being an ancient Pokémon.