Theory. Make sure you're done with ORAS delta episode...

Dragoncat

So in the Zinnia topic I said this:

Something I'm confused on though. She calls her whismur "daughter" and talks about not being able to save someone, which leads me to believe the whismur was actually her daughter reincarnated into a pokemon, yet she looks like teen aged. I guess that IS old enough to have a kid. Idk...would pokemon go that deep?

Yeah. My theory is just that. It's a bit out there, but...worth making a topic about. I don't know how the reincarnation would happen, maybe the draconids have some sort of magic or their spiritual connection with Rayquaza has something to do with it. And no, I have no idea who the father would be other than some random draconid guy...

I probably don't know what I'm talking about. Bash the theory if you want.

It's a kid's game, I'm willing to let it go as just a family sort of connection her tribe or whatever have towards Pokemon.

I consider my pets like my children, wouldn't be too weird to imagine a similar thing happening in the Pokemon world considering they're essentially animals.

If it's anything deeper, than I give up, because Pokemon so far has proved to have nothing beyond a simple and childish grasp on concepts and stories, if I wanted something a little bit more deep, metaphorical or thoughtful I would go elsewhere.

If it's anything deeper, than I give up, because Pokemon so far has proved to have nothing beyond a simple and childish grasp on concepts and stories, if I wanted something a little bit more deep, metaphorical or thoughtful I would go elsewhere.

Aah, but Zinnia's part of the plot is riddled with implications~

I thought it was stated outright that she named the Whismur after another Aster, who died prior to the plot, and you could pretty easily read her as being suicidal and/or unable to move on after that.

I consider my pets like my children, wouldn't be too weird to imagine a similar thing happening in the Pokemon world considering they're essentially animals.

This is true. I've never called my pets "son" or "daughter", but I have said "baby". And my mom says she's my cat's grandma so...

I thought it was stated outright that she named the Whismur after another Aster, who died prior to the plot, and you could pretty easily read her as being suicidal and/or unable to move on after that.

This is possible too.