Staves

Your opinion about staves  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Should staves like sleep, silence, return, berserk and thief return?

2. 2. Should new staves be added?

"Bann staff": same effect as the warp / teleport stave with the only difference you use it on an enemy

I can see people on "Kill Boss" chapters, just warping the boss in front of them and then killing him, ending the chapter on the first turn...

but if they player gets to the boss to warp them, they could just kill the boss instead

now a variation of the rescue staff that brings enemies near would be broken (not as much as warp but still)

I can see people on "Kill Boss" chapters, just warping the boss in front of them and then killing him, ending the chapter on the first turn...

Bosses can be immune. Problem solved.

• In FE8 there was one necessary situation to use the warp stave in chapter 17 for the recruitment of Syrene.
  • In FE9 and 10 I never had a reason to use the sleep and silence staff in the entire game.
You don't need warp for Syrene :/

She's recruited with Tana or Vanessa. They can chase her pretty easily.

I don't think I had one though. xP

Oh yeah, Laura's convo with Aran when she gets a Sleep staff made me laugh too. lol

Speaking of that, I HATE how it's only usable for one chapter if you want to use it in 3-13 to put Ike to sleep. Which I do, killing him is not only incredibly satisfying it decreases turn count to. Then if you didn't use all three Laura will use it on you the next chapter...

if silence comes back it should be the OP as fuck FE3 version

silences ALL magic for one tun, with 5 uses. Completely trivializes F-3.

<3

I'm mostly indifferent to offensive staves returning. I don't think i found a whole lot of situations in most FE games where they're terribly useful, but as an enemy tool they're certainly interesting.

Edited by shinpichu

I always have Micaiah zap Ike to sleep instead, seeing as in the next chapter she'll always leave the map early.

She can reach him? Since she can't leave the top area... not to mention she has to either raise her staff rank one level in two chapters or use an arm scroll, which I don't remember any of in the DB chapters.

I'd like to see a Healing Staff with two range. Pretty much all other weapon types have 1 range options, 2 range option and super long range options. Healing staves have the 1 range and the super long range so why not the 2 range? I think it'd be pretty useful especially at the start of the game. You don't really want your healer in the fray so healing units at a bit of a distance would be good.

She's recruited with Tana or Vanessa. They can chase her pretty easily.

Speaking of that, I HATE how it's only usable for one chapter if you want to use it in 3-13 to put Ike to sleep. Which I do, killing him is not only incredibly satisfying it decreases turn count to. Then if you didn't use all three Laura will use it on you the next chapter...

It ain't like she chases the enemies anyhow.

Well, as to that, I don't bother even using it for that for reasons already mentioned. And as to the part where Laura uses it against me, I don't allow that to happen by storing it in the convoy, because yeah.

Edited by Levant Caprice

I'd like to see status staves return. I mean, hitting A staves just wasn't satisfying in Awakening. The best one is E rank :facepalm: I mean imagine how sexy berserk would be in Lunatic+.

Shit like warp should come back but GBA style not DS style. Infinite range warp is derp.

I like the idea of a blind stave. It's such a staple status effect. Bann staff is kinda too much. The player shouldn't have that much control over enemy placement.

FE6 and FEDS had the best staves. Thief staff is one of my favorites.

I'd like to see staves that can affect the environment, i.e. a Dune Staff that can transform a group of spaces into a desert terrain.

Oh dear god no. Remember anything the player has access to, the enemy has access to as well. You already know there would be a map where there are a bunch of asshole Sages who turn your starting point into a desert tiles while fliers maul you into hell.

I'd like to see status staves return. I mean, hitting A staves just wasn't satisfying in Awakening. The best one is E rank :facepalm: I mean imagine how sexy berserk would be in Lunatic+.

Shit like warp should come back but GBA style not DS style. Infinite range warp is derp.

I like the idea of a blind stave. It's such a staple status effect. Bann staff is kinda too much. The player shouldn't have that much control over enemy placement.

FE6 and FEDS had the best staves. Thief staff is one of my favorites.

To be fair, Shadow Dragon wasn't much better in that regard, given that one of the two best staves in the game was E rank (to be fair, though, said staff was exclusive to one character). But what REALLY raises eyebrows to me is that the other one is handed to you on a silver platter in chapter 3. :facepalm: And that's the first of several.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Oh dear god no. Remember anything the player has access to, the enemy has access to as well. You already know there would be a map where there are a bunch of asshole Sages who turn your starting point into a desert tiles while fliers maul you into hell.

Don't forget the inevitable Wall staff cleric corps!

• In FE9 and 10 I never had a reason to use the sleep and silence staff in the entire game.

I always have Micaiah zap Ike to sleep instead, seeing as in the next chapter she'll always leave the map early.

Oh yes, I forgot about this situation.

Just give the "bann staff" the mechanic that it doesn't work against bosses.

She's recruited with Tana or Vanessa. They can chase her pretty easy.

Of course, that's what I explained Levant Caprice. In turn one you can reach her with Vanessa or Tana by using Tethys as well.

She can reach him? Since she can't leave the top area... not to mention she has to either raise her staff rank one level in two chapters or use an arm scroll, which I don't remember any of in the DB chapters.

If Micaiah has enough magic, she can reach him with sleep. She has maximum range of 15. However I think it's only possible to put him to sleep in the last turn. Laura would be a better a choice, because Micaiah could purge him.

I'd like to see a Healing Staff with two range. Pretty much all other weapon types have 1 range options, 2 range option and super long range options. Healing staves have the 1 range and the super long range so why not the 2 range? I think it'd be pretty useful especially at the start of the game. You don't really want your healer in the fray so healing units at a bit of a distance would be good.

That's actually a very good idea to prevent them from being attacked by enemies with range wepaons.

Edited by The Taninator

Of course, that's what I explained Levant Caprice. In turn one you can reach her with Vanessa or Tana by using Tethys as well.

If Micaiah has enough magic, she can reach him with sleep. She has maximum range of 15. However I think it's only possible to put him to sleep in the last turn. Laura would be a better a choice, because Micaiah could purge him.

That's actually a very good idea to prevent them from being attacked by enemies with range wepaons.

And I did admit earlier that I was remembering wrong. And then added later that it isn't even necessary to get her on turn 1, because it's not like she's going to suicide on the enemies..

Back to the topic at hand, I can't be the only one who thought it was nice to see a stronger version of Physic, am I?

Edited by Levant Caprice

And I did admit earlier that I was remembering wrong. And then added later that it isn't even necessary to get her on turn 1, because it's not like she's going to suicide on the enemies..

Back to the topic at hand, I can't be the only one who thought it was nice to see a stronger version of Physic, am I?

Sry, read over it.

Doesn't FE13 have a stronger version of the physics?

Imo in FE6 the physics is pretty decent, because it depends on the magic stat. However not very effectve due to low magic stats of the healers.

Doesn't FE13 have a stronger version of the physics?

Imo in FE6 the physics is pretty decent, because it depends on the magic stat. However not very effectve due to low magic stats of the healers.

Yes, it does. Though it's one of those items you'll need to find on a sparkling tile.

I'd like to see staves that can affect the environment, i.e. a Dune Staff that can transform a group of spaces into a desert terrain.

I really liked your idea!

Added it to the topic title. I've called it "Vegetation Stave". Maybe you've an improvement suggestion.

Edited by The Taninator

I think a Wind Stave or a name similar to that would be useful. What it would do is allow you to move units from a distance by blowing them away with wind.It would deal no damage, and the unit could not attack or perform actions after it had been done. This would only work in straight lines, and you could not push your units through other units or certain terrain. It would also work on enemies as well. This would allow you to push your units out of danger, increase their movement, push enemy units towards your units so you could get them, or push stronger ones away so you could safely attack the weaker ones. Obviously, it would be rare.

Edited by super45

So... That destroys the biggest point of it... Ending the chapter before that turn. Though Killing Ike is satisfying, ending the battle fast is nice as well. Specially b/c it's terrible.

Also, that assumes she managed to get enough magic in two chapters.

So... That destroys the biggest point of it... Ending the chapter before that turn. Though Killing Ike is satisfying, ending the battle fast is nice as well. Specially b/c it's terrible.

Also, that assumes she managed to get enough magic in two chapters.

Uh, as to that... Isn't Ike just out of range until the last turn (and that's assuming you maxed Micaiah's magic out, which requires 10-ish levels in all likelihood, and in a 2 chapter timeframe at that)?

Uh, as to that... Isn't Ike just out of range until the last turn (and that's assuming you maxed Micaiah's magic out, which requires 10-ish levels in all likelihood, and in a 2 chapter timeframe at that)?

That's... What I was talking about.

There's no real point in killing him on the last turn. Besides satisfaction.

Maxing her MGC is tons of effort despite the high growth. Not really worth it IMO.

The point is Laura can sleep him sooner.