Have your pets ever reacted to your video games?

Dragoncat

I ask because once I was playing RD, on the laguz bandit chapter. My cat saw the cats on the screen and started running around like a wild maniac. I think he thought "OMG there's cats the size of a human somewhere and those humans are killing them! What should I do?! Please for the love of all that's holy, don't let that portal thing open!"

Thought it deserved a topic...

My dog sometimes walks up to the TV depending on the music and if she's downstairs.I was playing Smash WiiU earlier,and when I let my dog in,she stopped and stared at the TV for a bit,then just continued walking.

My dog sometimes walks up to the TV depending on the music and if she's downstairs.I was playing Smash WiiU earlier,and when I let my dog in,she stopped and stared at the TV for a bit,then just continued walking.

xD

The dog I had for 13 years, my brother put her paw on the rumbling controller and the look on her face was priceless.

I played the original Super Mario Bros game last year and two of my cats went nuts. They kept trying to hit Mario and jumped when they heard the jump sound xp

No, my dog never reacted to a video game. Once, however, when I was watching Heartworn Highways with my family, a couple of dogs were on screen. IIRC they barked, and my dog barked at the TV for a little bit. It was really cute.

My cat reacts to ME reacting to the game all the time. He refused to sleep with me the night I was screeching while playing Five Nights at Freddy's, and surprisingly sat with me during the ragefest of MK8 three star run.

He does have a game on the iPad that involves swimming fishes, and he wins by pawing at them. He seems to only have the attention span to get to level four though before he can't focus from all the fish.

He does have a game on the iPad that involves swimming fishes, and he wins by pawing at them. He seems to only have the attention span to get to level four though before he can't focus from all the fish.

Tried that with my cat, only the one I had had bugs. He just stares at it and very rarely does he actually do anything lol.

I don't think this has happened to me yet, but I know it's possible. Because it would only take one siren or howl or some such to get my beagle and beagle-boxer mix to start a howling show of their own. :P

Hell, a telephone ring does the trick. XD

Edited by Anacybele

My cat really liked the shade of blue on the Final Fantasy 1 character creation screen. She'd keep climbing up to the TV to paw at it.

I have two mutts and I recall when I was playing Twilight Princess they heard Wolf Link howling the songs and they kinda turned their heads at the screen and their ears perked up. One of them even tried to to join in howling.

I have two mutts and I recall when I was playing Twilight Princess they heard Wolf Link howling the songs and they kinda turned their heads at the screen and their ears perked up. One of them even tried to to join in howling.

That's awesome. You should've got that on video xD

In the late 90s I had a guinea pig. Whenever in Goldeneye 64 an explosion happened, it started to squeak loudly because of the noise.

My cats (I had lots of them) liked to follow the moves of the main characters (different games) with their eyes. Sometimes they even climbed on the TV and touched it with their paws.