Awesome Games Done Quick 2015 Fire Emblem Run

Jyosua

Hey guys! I made a post about it on the main site, but if you aren't aware:

As some of you may or may not be aware, Awesome Games Done Quick 2015 is current happening. This time, the donations all benefit the Prevent Cancer Foundation — a nonprofit organization that supports cancer research and education, as well as much more.

Even more relevant to you guys: there is currently a bidding war between Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, with the winner currently scheduled to be run tomorrow at about 8:28 PM PST. The schedule can be found here and is actively updated. You can donate at this link and put your donations toward whichever game you’d like to see run tomorrow. The stream is located at twitch.tv/gamesdonequick! Happy watching!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monday, January 5th, 2015

> Rocket Knight Adventures

2:12:00 AM

> Sparkster

2:50:00 AM

> Ristar

3:23:00 AM

> Streets of Rage 2

4:50:00 AM

Well damn if I didn't miss the games I would've liked to see today.

Ah well, looking forward to seeing PoR and RD tomorrow. and Castlevania

Edited by Soledai

I'm hoping for RD since it's just a better speedrun game, but I'm expecting PoR to win.

Actually, Radiant Dawn has been ahead in the bid war throughout, sometimes as much as double the Path Of Radiance bids. You can keep track of the bid war here. At the moment Radiant Dawn has raised 1,193.33$ compared to $792.61 for Path of Radiance.

Keep in mind that Gwimpage himself vastly prefers Radiant Dawn and in fact only offered the bid war with Path of Radiance to increase the odds of a Fire Emblem game getting into AGDQ at all. The same goes for me and Kirbymastah, which basically covers every speedrunner of the Tellius games. I've offered a brief summary of why I prefer Radiant Dawn, the main reason being the lack of map animations makes the pace of RD literally twice as fast.

Of course, you're free to judge for yourself what you'd like to see at the event, so here's a link to the best recorded single-segment runs of each game. I'd recommend you watch at least a small sample of each run before making a decision.

Radiant Dawn in 2:42:28

Actually, Radiant Dawn has been ahead in the bid war throughout, sometimes as much as double the Path Of Radiance bids. You can keep track of the bid war here. At the moment Radiant Dawn has raised 1,193.33$ compared to $792.61 for Path of Radiance.

Wow, I didn't know that could be seen at all, but good to know!

Hey guys I hope you're all looking forward to the run tomorrow. The couch is ButtersBB and YayMarsha/Molotov and I'll do my best to correct anything that might come off as misinformation or odd. I'm generally goofy when I play but since the marathon is so big I'm going to do my best to focus on the game and not embarrass myself or do the series any injustices. The fact that Fire Emblem raised 2,000 as of right now is amazing and it's only going to raise as the run gets closer. I've been practicing there have been multiple occasions where a passerby stops and mentions something like "I love Fire Emblem! I'm looking forward to your run". Cool stuff

Just echoing what others have said but I do prefer Radiant Dawn and believe it's a better watch. It's much safer since the second half of PoR gets risky and there's nothing you can do if Ike is put to sleep or if Marcia dies. This isn't relevant but I've beaten more stuff into the couch's heads about RD than PoR since there's a lot less going on. Bid for whichever game you prefer but just know I'll find all of you that bid for PoR if it wins. :Kappa:

I want to let you guys know that I might plug SF at sometime during the run, probably at the end of the run where I have more freedom to talk things.

Around how long does an RD speedrun take? will it take the full three hours that the site estimates? Also, will you be abusing any glitches?

Edited by sirmola

The estimates are usually generous to account for worst-case scenarios, as a no-reset run for a seasoned Radiant Dawn runner takes at most 2 hours and 50 minutes. There aren't any glitches used in either POR or RD.

Don't like the connotations of "beating into," but whatever. I don't think I'll be the one saying weird stuff, but you've got to remember who your primary audience is. Serenes members will destroy you over tiny errors that honestly don't matter (sorry, but it's true), but your main audience won't bat an eye. Just emphasizing that because depending how you handle corrections, you can hurt the atmosphere and call attention to the error. Unless it's grievous (the class thing from earlier would definitely qualify), I'd recommend changing subjects quickly instead. Your call, of course.

Hopefully we get another session in today to iron out some more. If nothing else, I think we can highly simplify some explanations.

But yeah, this will be great no matter what. I look forward to throwing out random stuff to throw off your rhythm. :P

I don't know much about speedrunning, and I don't care which one they decide to do...but it's for a good cause so I support it! I only wish I could donate.

Looks like Fire Emblem 9 or 10 is up in 11 hours

Hey guys I hope you're all looking forward to the run tomorrow. The couch is ButtersBB and YayMarsha/Molotov and I'll do my best to correct anything that might come off as misinformation or odd. I'm generally goofy when I play but since the marathon is so big I'm going to do my best to focus on the game and not embarrass myself or do the series any injustices. The fact that Fire Emblem raised 2,000 as of right now is amazing and it's only going to raise as the run gets closer. I've been practicing there have been multiple occasions where a passerby stops and mentions something like "I love Fire Emblem! I'm looking forward to your run". Cool stuff

Just echoing what others have said but I do prefer Radiant Dawn and believe it's a better watch. It's much safer since the second half of PoR gets risky and there's nothing you can do if Ike is put to sleep or if Marcia dies. This isn't relevant but I've beaten more stuff into the couch's heads about RD than PoR since there's a lot less going on. Bid for whichever game you prefer but just know I'll find all of you that bid for PoR if it wins. :Kappa:

I want to let you guys know that I might plug SF at sometime during the run, probably at the end of the run where I have more freedom to talk things.

You've got my respect!
Edited by Sara.

Hate to doublepost but this is more of a bump,

Coming up next is New Super Mario Bros Wii, followed by Gwimpage and his run of Fire Emblem (likely Radiant Dawn, due to an $850 lead). Total Donations just passed $4,200, which is totally awesome.

FE run is set to start in about 50 minutes, so anyone who's wanting to jump in should really tune in and support the cause. Hits home to me due to my grandfather

Host: "Next up, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance or Path of Dawn"

I lol'd

just under 20 minutes, I'm pretty stoked for a solid FE10 run.

If anyone wants to discuss with me on skype while it's going on, I'd be happy to oblige in chat with a common interest and SF friends and all (Add elieson., with the period)

Edited by Sara.